• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks supposedly going after RFA Pekovic

Sothron

• Premium Member

Source:

The Hawks are the "most likely" to make a big offer to restricted free agent Nikola Pekovic, according to Jerry Zgoda.

The Hawks had the space to bring on Howard and they also did an excellent job in getting Paul Millsap for just $19 million over two years. A frontcourt trio of Pek, Millsap and Al Horford is a formidable one and Pek should received an offer sheet worth signing soon.
End source. My thoughts? Twolves would probably match any offer we make so it is a moot point. But I hope they do because the idea of playing Millsap at SF where he was atrocious last season in an experiment to put him there and tying up our cap for years is a nightmare I'd love to avoid.

• Moderators

~lw3

• Like 1

• Moderators

~lw3

So if we offer Pek for instance 3/50 the Wolves have to match that offer and have a set date to make up their mind? In this instance let's say Minnesota lets Pek walk, is there compensation we have to give up since he's restricted?

Guest rivgambino

Can someone tell me why this guy is high on many ppls list? I'm asking bc I honestly don't know much about him. I saw 8.8rebs which is good given Love is grabbin balls ( my immaturity just made me giggle ). Seriously though is offering him a big deal better then Asik? Thanks for the info.

I'm not sure if he's as reputable a defender as Asik but he is definitely a better offensive player who hits his free throws. His rebounding isn't spectacular either. I'd say it's worth a shot to overpay a little with an offer for him to at least force MInny to have to match.

Can someone tell me why this guy is high on many ppls list? I'm asking bc I honestly don't know much about him. I saw 8.8rebs which is good given Love is grabbin balls ( my immaturity just made me giggle ). Seriously though is offering him a big deal better then Asik? Thanks for the info.

There are a few variables to consider.If the Hawks sign a scoring PG then I would go with Asik who is the better defensive player and rebounder. If the Hawks sign a PG that dishes the ball then Niko is the better fit. Either one and I'm happy. Would be a pretty fun three with Milsap, Horford, and Asik (or) Niko. All hard nosed players with High BBIQ.

Source: The Hawks are the "most likely" to make a big offer to restricted free agent Nikola Pekovic, according to Jerry Zgoda. The Hawks had the space to bring on Howard and they also did an excellent job in getting Paul Millsap for just $19 million over two years. A frontcourt trio of Pek, Millsap and Al Horford is a formidable one and Pek should received an offer sheet worth signing soon. End source. My thoughts? Twolves would probably match any offer we make so it is a moot point. But I hope they do because the idea of playing Millsap at SF where he was atrocious last season in an experiment to put him there and tying up our cap for years is a nightmare I'd love to avoid.

There 96 mpg combined at PF and C. That means Horford, Pekovic, and Milsap could each play 32 mpg.Horford 34 mpgPekovic 31 mpgMilsap 31 mpgI see no problem here. That is a beastly frontline.Hope Danny throws a 4 year $50 mill deal at Pekovic........assuming we have the room after losing Smith's $16 mill cap hold and then release Stevenson for the team option year. Edited by coachx
  • Like 1