• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Merged: Hawks are in negotiations with Monta Ellis. Not signed yet

drzachary

I feel like I'm going to have to keep stressing the fact that Monta is one of the most clutch players in the league. No matter how you look at it, Monta is hands down a better player than Josh with the game on the line. He's a player that you have more confidence in off the dribble than anyone has ever had with Josh.

You guys are complaining too much, just let the man ball. He can get buckets and without him (in honesty) I see us doing a lot worse.

I think that's part of the problem. We aren't getting worse enough. We are basically looking too much like the team we just had (6th to 8th seed). That is the WORST thing that can happen!

Actually the Spurs pursued him to before resigning Gino.Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That was a rumor from some random website. I never saw the Spurs confirm that. It could very well be true but I couldn't find any proof of it.

Can't remember how to embed.. Lol.Kennedy says they haven't finalized anything but are continuing to talk

Click the blue and white Tweet bird. Paste in the Tweet URL.

No clue how to post videos on here anymore.

[ media ] YouTube URL [ / media ] without the spaces. You can also quickly add it by clicking the 3rd button from the left in the top row of the editor and choosing Media.

It's Chicken Little threads like this that make me want to bookmark the url for future reference...

Well convince us that he's anything more than a selfish me first inefficient stats player please. Because I'd love to see that argument. In fact if you can use anything other than raw stats to show he's impressive I will be blown away.

• Admin

I think that's part of the problem. We aren't getting worse enough. We are basically looking too much like the team we just had (6th to 8th seed). That is the WORST thing that can happen!

yes we are definitely playoff material...but not championship material

I don't recall this much bickering when we were paying Marvin 8 mill a year for doing absolutely nothing. At least Ellis can score without tripping over his own feet.. And who knows, maybe his defense gets better like Jamals did.

• Like 1

I haven't seen anything official yet so I'm only 90% panicking. But...

This (potential) signing is reminding me a lot of the late 90's hawks. Trading away classy, but ageing SG Steve Smith (aka Joe Johnson) for Isiah Rider (Monte Ellis).

What was to follow was almost a decade of terrible, hard to support hawks teams lead by the following cast of washed up vets and young guys looking for pay days. Glen Robinson, Jim Jackson, Antoine Walker, Al Harrington, Stephen Jackson, Toni Kukoc, Jon Barry, Kenny Anderson, Tom Gugliotta.

Yikes.

Outside of Monta and Jennings, the entire Bucks culture was about hustle and outworking the other team. Even Jennings bought into that a little bit. Monta only cares about Monta. He's basically the NBA version of Chad Johnson. Monta loves him some Monta and that's the bottom line!

I honestly don't believe you're as much of a Monta Ellis expert as you're acting like you are but it's whatever. You don't have to like him.

Me personally, I'm going to support this team regardless of who's wearing a jersey. This isn't the Bucks and this isn't the Warriors. You can show me stats all day but until he's actually done something in that Hawks jersey to change my mind, I'm going to support him.

At least we have a player in the same category as Dwayne Wade. At the end of the day, the only thing that Wade has that Ellis don't have is more wins and 2 championships. THATS IT!Posted Image

Are we being punked? Did Monta just say that he competes on both ends? Is he even remotely aware of how much better Wade is on both ends of the floor, but especially the defensive end?

I think the reason he turned down the offer from Milwaukee was because he wanted a longer contract so I doubt it'll be anything less than 3 years.

Who in the heck wants to live in Milwaukee? lol. Probably just wanted to get the hellouttathere.