• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Merged: Hawks are in negotiations with Monta Ellis. Not signed yet

drzachary

• Moderators

Isn't Monta a higher volume, lower efficiency version of Lou Williams?

a bit clueless about the cap, can someone tell me if we'd have enough to sign Bynum and Monta? jw

Nope we are done as a team with space.

Isn't Monta a higher volume, lower efficiency version of Lou Williams?

Nope we are done as a team with space.

Looking at the cap, it says with all options, we have 50 mil spent. Sign Ellis, he makes 8.8 in his 1st year and renounce Jeff and Stevenson and we have under 8 million left to spend. That doesn't include if we leave Bebe in Europe.

Looking at the cap, it says with all options, we have 50 mil spent. Sign Ellis, he makes 8.8 in his 1st year and renounce Jeff and Stevenson and we have under 8 million left to spend. That doesn't include if we leave Bebe in Europe.

Ellis isn't going to sign for that cheap. Especially not if it's true that he's wanting $12 million annually from us.

• Premium Member

If he is Josh Smith without the defense like last year, this move will reek of the Antawn Jamison type decision making Ferry showed in Cleveland. This offseason was off to a great start with the draft but has turned into worse than my worst case scenario (which I figured was something like Al Jefferson and Tyreke Evans).

I was saying this last year when we built around Josh Smith and I am not surprised. I was a LeBron fan once upon a time and I felt the same way when they didn't pursue Joe Johnson and they went after Larry Hughes.

If we get Ellis, either Lou is going to be out for most of next season and won't be 100% by the time the season comes around, or bye bye Teague. Either way, don't like Ellis and Lou being in the same backcourt. Hopefully we can flip a couple of players (Lou/Millsap, or Ellis/Millsap) for something else during the season if the rookie Schröder shows signs of starting earlier than expected.

Also I hope this is a 2 year deal like Millsap, because I can actually see what Ferry would have in mind then. He needs to fill up the roster and cap space somehow. Getting trade pieces on good contracts, while staying competitive, and coming in at the salary cap demand.

He could be doing what the Rockets did, sit back with trade material and play the waiting game for a potential franchise player to be on the trade block (Kevin Love, Cousins, etc).

Edited by RWF

Been gone all day...... Someone mind filling me in, instead of going through 26 pages?

Nothing really new here just rumor that we signed him but looks false. Still negotiating. Sounds like Ferry wants him though. Some fans are thrilled with this because he's a scorer and a clutch guy while others hate it because he's so inefficient and doesn't play D. That's about it.

Nothing really new here just rumor that we signed him but looks false. Still negotiating. Sounds like Ferry wants him though. Some fans are thrilled with this because he's a scorer and a clutch guy while others hate it because he's so inefficient and doesn't play D. That's about it.

He wanted him at the all star break and so its not a surprise that he wants him. The price is probably high for what ferry wants and that is the hold up.

Does no one find it odd that there have been so many Ellis-to-the-Hawks rumors, while none of the other offseason signings have been reported on prior to the actual contract being agreed upon/contract details reported...? Seems fishy, even with the past Ellis rumor at the trade deadline.

Basically I'm just trying to convince myself that this isn't going to happen.

Edited by WakaFlocka
  • Like 1

If we do sign him, I HOPE we can fix his game.

Skiles lost his job hoping for that to happen.

Does no one find it odd that there have been so many Ellis-to-the-Hawks rumors, while none of the other offseason signings have been reported on prior to the actual contract being agreed upon/contract details reported...? Seems fishy, even with the past Ellis rumor at the trade deadline. Basically I'm just trying to convince myself that this isn't going to happen.

I hope so! Definitely strange how much public talk there's been about Ellis.
  • Like 2

So the 2008 Monta Ellis attemped 52 3 pointers... and his FG% was 53%

That team had Baron Davis, Stephen Jackson, and Al Harrington throwing up over 400 3PA.

So after an injury and suspension in 2008-2009, Monta DRASTICALLY started throwing up 3PA. Last year was his most ever.

Edited by theheroatl