• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Merged: Hawks are in negotiations with Monta Ellis. Not signed yet

drzachary

• Premium Member

Brilliant! Seems Ferry is working to give the Smoove-haters a reason to stick around.

• Premium Member

Chuckle embedded in the CBS story on Jennings/Teague...

ESPN reports that the Milwaukee Bucks and Atlanta Hawks, who have the same problem, a starting point guard up for his rookie extension they're not totally sold on, are workin on a solution by simply swapping Brandon Jennings and Jeff Teague....

It's a weird kind of deal, but makes some sense... for Milwaukee. Milwaukee gets rid of malcontent point guard Jennings, and gets more of a traditional, more pure-point-y point guard to work with their bigs. Jennings has made noise in the past about wanting to go to a bigger market and clashed with coaches last year.

For Atlanta... they just got such a sweet deal on Paul Millsap at less than $10 million over just two years. They have Kyle Korver. They have all these weapons. Why add a ball-dominant, scoring-priority point guard in Jennings? Jennings is actually a gifted passer... when he commits to doing it. But would he be better in that regard than Teague?

It's an odd fit. The sign-and-trade deal could be done for several reasons, including insurance against a match from either team, or to include or move other players in deals. The Hawks are also reportedly interested in Jennings' former teamate Monta Ellis because they want Al Horford's spirit to die a slow death, apparently....

Edited by sturt

HE'S BACK!! I asked him if it is yesterday's news.. hasn't responded yet.

Edited by theheroatl

The same us as every member on this site refers to. Don't be a d*ck.

Getting Brandon Jennings would be one of the worst mistakes this franchise would ever make. 17 ppg on 38% shooting every year for 12 million a year!!! FUN!!

Ellis has proved he can score upwards to 24 ppg on 45% shooting.

I may just delete Hawksquawk if we sign Monta f'n Ellis. It would seriously piss me off.

Getting Brandon Jennings would be one of the worst mistakes this franchise would ever make. 17 ppg on 38% shooting every year for 12 million a year!!! FUN!!

Monta hasn't been close to even a pathetic 45% in over 4 years now. He was at .416 last year. That's absolutely disgusting for a "scorer".

I'll say that Ellis would be one of the worst mistakes this franchises has made. Jennings would be the biggest coup in terms of free agency since Joe.

I may just delete Hawksquawk if we sign Monta f'n Ellis. It would seriously piss me off.

Monta hasn't been close to even a pathetic 45% in over 4 years now. He was at .416 last year. That's absolutely disgusting for a "scorer".

He shot 45% 2 years ago.... The year before he went to the BUCKS.

EVERY year before the bucks was 45% or higher.

I think I saw in another thread Dolfan say "Unless it is coming from Woj or Stein dont believe anything you read." With that said if you love to read rumors then have a field day with these things. Just don't get too worked up over them though. A lot of these guys are spreading BS rumors to up their follower count on twitter.

Edited by Braves
  • Like 1

He shot 45% 2 years ago.... The year before he went to the BUCKS.

EVERY year before the bucks was 45% or higher.

Oh sorry, you are right it's only been since the 2010-2011 season, so only the last 2 seasons. Basketball-reference had a weird listing that made it look like it's been the last 4 years. But yeah let's hold 45% career average up as our standard!

We take it back Danny. We want Asik and Lin! Make it happen. Posted Image

I wish! Not because I like Lin (although he'd draw in a lot of new fans) but because I want us to get Asik so bad. But that's not happening :(