• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Danny Ferry is slowly destroying the Atlanta fan base..

willthepureshooter

• Premium Member

I was told to give Ferry time. I was told that next offseason you will see his plan work. Believe me, I have been a Hawks fans for many years, I don't lack patience. However, what I don't do is listen to B.S. by people who are loyal to hope without critically thinking about what's happening in their face. To some of us, it's evident that Ferry Shot his wad. He had hoped that he would have Paul and Howard. He betted everything on that. It's evident by his actions. IN fact, where da F000 do you think Cal Bowdler got his info? However, where we are right now is a place in between and in betwix... We are nowhere near an evident plan B...So we are back to Ferry's mantra. Good guys.. good advanced analytics.So let me predict the future for you. 1. We probably won't match.. even though there's heavy pressure on Ferry to match because likehim or not Teague is an asset and we have money. 2. We probably will do some knee Jerk trade. Like he traded for Wally. Probably Lou will get traded for some good analytics . Maybe Gerald Henderson or Martell Webster.... But there will be no cohesion and duplication of skillsets.

Dead on post Diesel.

Well nobody can say you "fans" didn't give him time. Most new GMs would have come in and had us in the finals after 1 year. Lets just fire Ferry now and go looking for another new GM and let him bring in another new coach because, and I gotta be honest here, I'm not impressed with the results of Budenholzer as our head coach. I fully expected him to have at least a dozen wins by now. Time to start over fellas.

• Like 4

Oh I get it, he can put us in position but he can't close the deal? Salesman who can't "close the deal" lose money and get fired.

He never had a chance to sale to CP3 which killed the idea from the jump. Like it or not, being a bad franchise is the reason why people are leaving us to go to Milwaukee and telling us not to match. We have done this to ourselves. Over 40 years of never making it to conference finals. Not having an exciting season since Nique for NBA fans. This is our doing and no one else. You can't even compare us to the Clippers. The Clippers for the last 15 years have been getting exciting Basketball players, they just never had a superstar till Griffin and then CP3. The Hawks have never been exciting since Nique, they are the first team no one wants to watch and the last team people care about. When they tank, their a joke, when they win, they are boring, can't contend, frustrating to watch and a joke. At least when we tank, people say we suck and move on, when we win, they hate and say much worse and then they are right because the Hawks are always a lock to be out before the ECF.

This is our fault. Best believe if we were the Knicks or Nets and had the same roster and cap room that CP3 and D12 would have left LA. I really don't want to blame Ferry. This isn't his fault, I do want to thank him for giving me hope again.

• Moderators

I came into the Ferry regime not liking the job he did in Cleveland and have been calling for tanking for weeks but even I am not ready to throw in the towel on Ferry or even judge him. I will give my $.02 but he is paid to build this team and if he is my GM then I give him time and freedom to do that. Ferry needs more time before he is judged. 1 year is a ridiculously short ramp.

Let me change that. That one year we had first year Jamal, Bibby, Joe, Horf, and Smoove some people liked us. They like our playground Basketball full of iso's and 1v1's with Jamal and Joe playing playground Basketball. Basketball purist hated us for the same reason and when the iso and 1v1 didn't work, it was super boring even if Bibby was efficiency running the offense, you can tell we weren't built for the postseason.

Outside of that season, every other season has been a complete bore-fest since Nique.

Last offseason on a 1 year deal means 1 year left.

This midseason on a 2 year deal means 1.5 years left.

3/2 - 2/2 = 1/2 season

If you are talking midseason to midseason, then I agree it is a 1 year difference but that is not the post you quoted.

I was talking about the trade deadline rumors and I was also talking about the fact he can be moved anytime after this November which is a season and a half of value/playing time. Much bigger difference to have a good player for two playoff runs over just one.

• Premium Member

Well nobody can say you "fans" didn't give him time. Most new GMs would have come in and had us in the finals after 1 year. Lets just fire Ferry now and go looking for another new GM and let him bring in another new coach because, and I gotta be honest here, I'm not impressed with the results of Budenholzer as our head coach. I fully expected him to have at least a dozen wins by now. Time to start over fellas.

It's not about the time. Not really. It's about the management of assets and the forward progression towards something.

Let me explain:

1. We got nothing for Joe but a project C who will stay where he is for 2 more years.

2. We got nothing for Josh.

3. We got nothing for Marvin.

4. We will get nothing for Teague.

Understand me CLEARLY... That's a 6 time allstar, 2 lottery picks, and a fringe allstar 3rd team all defensive player. That's 3/4s of the reason we made the playoffs for the last few years...

And what do we have to show for it? Nothing.

Al Harrington got us a first round pick.

Josh Childress got us a first round pick.

Shelden got us Bibby.

Ferry musta been in the Spurs system too long. You see here in Atlanta if you give up good assets, you got to get something in return because if you haven't noticed, Free agents aren't beating down our door. As it stands, Teague would be the biggest disappointment of all because he is so young and he is on an upward slope. When Ferry lets him walk for nothing it will be yet another lost opportunity.

More than just the lost opportunities and mismanagement of assets is that Ferry obviously don't talk to his players and keeps them in the loop. If we don't match, I can guarantee that Teague's interview will be full of vitriol. A few weeks ago, he was singing the praises of Mike B. A few weeks ago, he was happy to be a Hawk and looking forward to being a vet on this team. The way that you get from there to him asking the FO not to match is by the GM failing to talk to him. We all read the tweets. We saw the growing frustration of Teague threw every tweet. Ferry never came to him and told him straight up what the plan was, where he stood, nothing. I've seen breakups happen in a much better way than that. That's because most GMs can talk to their players.

So when you see these two warning signs and a total disregard for a player like Horf's continually request to get a full time C so that he can play PF... only to see Ferry bring in a 6'7 PF who can't defend Sfs... I have to say... This is not going forward.

• Like 2

• Moderators

I was talking about the trade deadline rumors and I was also talking about the fact he can be moved anytime after this November which is a season and a half of value/playing time. Much bigger difference to have a good player for two playoff runs over just one.

We'll agree to disagree and both of us can hope I am wrong if we try to unload Millsap.

• Premium Member

Diesel you better hope we don't make it to the ECF in the next few years because you my friend are going to look like a donkey if we do.

Make it to the ECF with Korver, Horford, and Millsap as the nucleus. Are you serious? Edited by NineOhTheRino

Make it to the ECF with Korver, Horford, and Millsap as the nucleus. Are you serious?

Yeah that's exactly what I'm saying. We should make zero moves and stay exactly as we are today.

I agree with AHF, we need to sign Jennings and be done with it.

We spent three years saying Smoove is tradable. He was but no one wanted to give us anything of value. So what kind of asset is he then?

Good point about Smoove. I think generally, good trades happen by circumstance. Somebody wants out and he gets put on the market (Garnett a good example). The former team gets hosed and the acquiring team gets the value. That's a good lesson we learned with Smoove - you can't count on trading a good player for useful parts.

However, if you have desirable smaller assets and picks, you are in position to land a Garnett when and if such a player goes on the block. No guarantees, but always better to be flexible.