• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Summer League Game 2

Afro

I love Dennis too but you guys seem to be forgetting the path Eric Bledsoe (and I'm sure some others) took. Sat behind CP3 for a minute and now he's a starter after his old team traded him for a ton of value. Dennis could develop behind Teague and either become our starter down the line or worst case scenario become an EXCELLENT trade asset. Never hurts to have that kind of depth and flexibility at the point!

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Nogueira signing autographs after the game. Schröder with the post game interview. "Every time I step on the court I try to be the best player" I love this kid's confidence!! Good game fellas.

The accent makes the interviews even better. What he wants to achieve? "Try to get on de woster, try to work every day hard, and try to get minutes." Edited by cam1218
  • Like 1

I love Dennis too but you guys seem to be forgetting the path Eric Bledsoe (and I'm sure some others) took. Sat behind CP3 for a minute and now he's a starter after his old team traded him for a ton of value. Dennis could develop behind Teague and either become our starter down the line or worst case scenario become an EXCELLENT trade asset. Never hurts to have that kind of depth and flexibility at the point!

I'm not trading a true PG in Schröder for Teague to stay.

I was too sadly. Wanted him to grow into a star PG. Can't do that sitting on the bench. He has the court vision down, just need to learn while taking his bumps as a starter.

Well , what's done is done.But if he plays well enough as a backup , Maybe he can earn the starting job, and force Ferry to move Teague.

Dennis looked worlds better on D tonight than he did in the first game - crazy that he improved that much. Also I love the way he runs the offense; very excited about him. Bebe needs to get in better position and give more consistent effort on D. Muscala showed some good stuff tonight, too - nice jumpshot and he blocked some shots. Overall I'm most excited about Scroeder.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Dennis is quick, has length, has the pg mentality, and can play defense. Right now he is as bad a shooter and getting to the basket as Armond Hill. Musicals is not a NBA player. Scott looked good as well as Jenkins. I was impressed at times with BeBe. I see the comparisons of Dennis and Rajon.

Dennis is quick, has length, has the pg mentality, and can play defense. Right now he is as bad a shooter and getting to the basket as Armond Hill. Musicals is not a NBA player. Scott looked good as well as Jenkins. I was impressed at times with BeBe. I see the comparisons of Dennis and Rajon.

Rondo couldn't shoot either entering the league, so he can develop (while starting).

Some might recall that Scott had a clutch 3 to put the Hawks into overtime last SL (but we lost in OT). Dude has always had range. He's quick too, so I think it's a good sign that he's apparently practicing at the 3. We could really use him there and I like his effort.

Really liked Muscala's game. Needs to bulk up but has a great stroke, spaces himself well, and seems to have good BBIQ.

Jenk lit it up again - proud to see him putting up numbers on the newbies.

Shredder showed he can pass, be a pest on D, and more importantly, he can lead an offense. Needs to work on his shooting a good bit, but overall a good showing.

Noogie had butterfingers a lot tonight, but definitely altered some shots and had that great follow. Still thinking he'll be stashed overseas this year at least to bulk up and work on his game, but we'll see.

Wasn't too impressed with anyone else really. I thought Mack was okay - brought the energy but didn't do a ton to really stand out but I do really like him as a player. He flat lit things up at Butler and I think he just needs to find some regular minutes to get going on this level.

What happened to the the 7'3" guy? Did he get any minutes? If he did, I missed him (somehow).

I guess i'm in the minority, but I haven't really been impressed by anybody so far, besides maybe Jenkins ability to score when he is the best player on the court.

I'm not saying that he is the second coming or anything, but when you have lacked quality play from the point for so long, seeing this kid play is very promising. He clearly has nice vision. He does seem to have a lot of his passes deflected but he definitely has a very nice skill set to look forward to developing. I didn't see the first game, so I don't know how he looked defensively in game one, but tonight he was up against an equally as quick as he was and he played really hard nose D the entire game.

Lucas needs to be way more consistent on D and so does Muscala. When you don't have the frame to just take up space, then you can't just be on the floor "taking up space".

I personally have always been a trail by fire person when it comes to player development. If you see the talent then the only way to develop that is to play the absolute best competition day in and day out i.e. the Tony Parker Situation. This kid seems to have that fire lit. To me, that's been the difference in the hawks of the past, and some of the other talent around the league that have developed into very nice players. Overall I am an fan, so it's why I am so optimistic about my team's players with talent.

If you start Dennis against NBA talent, he seems to have the drive it takes to get back on track after the bumps of an NBA season. Developing someone with a desire to be great, it isn't the best thing to bench him because of a panic move to match a contract. You have to push this kid as he pushes himself. Start a Dennis/Teague back court if needed, but let him develop against top level talent, not back-ups.

Are we contenders this season? Are we beating the Heat? Then why not try it out?

Edited by RWF
  • Like 1