• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Summer League Game 4

Admin

we really got the short end of the stick on some of those calls at the end... I guess they felt sorry for Portland since they were winless.

Dennis showed true leadership tonight and played like a vet. This kid is something special.

Edited by yungsta

dolf, you get 10 fouls in summer league, but it def looks like he was fouling like a machine.

I know that, but that doesn't mean that the coaches weren't taking him out for fouls. They were treating it like it was a real game.

• Premium Member

I'm sure you've probably seen more of Bebe than any of us here, what do you think about bringing him over this year? Personally I think we should let him have 1 more year and maybe 2 in Europe to get some more weight on him and more experience. But it sounds like Ferry may be considering just bringing him over now.

IMHO Bebe should be stashed overseas for one season. He's still very raw and will be bullied by stronger bigs.in the paint. I think, however, that he would probably gain weight faster if he was brought this season. Not a very simple situation. I honestly don't know anything about his work ethic, either. He's gotta put at least 20 pounds in that frame if he's serious about playing in the NBA..

Edited by BrazilianHawk

IMHO Bebe should be stashed overseas for one season. He's still very raw and will be bullied by stronger bigs.in the paint. I think, however, that he would probably gain weight faster if he was brought this season. Not a very simple situation. I honestly don't know anything about his work ethic, either. He's gotta put at least 20 pounds in that frame if he's serious about playing in the NBA..

I keep seeing people say he needs to add 20 lbs to his frame if he's serious about playing in the NBA. You do realize that adding strength and adding weight are two different things? I'm not sure why he has to add so much weight when he is only a couple of pounds off Joakim Noah's weight at this time.

What he needs is strength training. If some weight gain comes with that, so be it. However, if he adds 20 lbs of weight to his frame, it could very well adversely effect his quickness and athleticism more than improving his strength. Contrary to popular opinion, you don't have to be 250+ to play in the post in the NBA. Heck, Nogueira is almost 15 lbs heavier than Nerlens Noel is, but you don't hear people talking about how Noel needs to gain weight.

• Like 1

I liken Lucas' frame to Dwight's when he was drafted and was so thin that people actually said he would be a power forward in the NBA. Now you see Dwight is still not thick by any means but is very muscular and strong. I think lucas can eventually grow into a similar frame minus the shoulders

Edited by RedDawg#8

I liken Lucas' frame to Dwight's when he was drafted and was so thin that people actually said he would be a power forward in the NBA. Now you see Dwight is still not thick by any means but is very muscular and strong. I think lucas can eventually grow into a similar frame minus the shoulders

Not sure about that.

dwight came into the league at 18. Bebe is almost 21.

Edited by yungsta

Loved the game tonight. Schröder is very smart and has great vision, instincts, everything you want for a pg. Nog impressed too with his length and quickness off the floor. Another guy I think people are underestimating is Cunningham. He has all the tools. I really wanted us to draft him last year. Hope Bud can develop him.

DS gets some attention from ESPN, first in the grades for his game:

http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/61587/the-strip-day-6

Dennis Schröder, Hawks: 16 PTS | 5 AST | 3 STLSchroder recovered from a first quarter in which he posted three turnovers to turn in the afternoon's best performance. At the end of regulation, he shook McCollum out of his shoes so badly to free John Jenkins for a jump shot that the gasps were audible in the arena. With every game, Schröder is building a reputation as a player with a game beyond his years. B+

And also a chapter in the daily dimes for his summerleague games so far:

http://espn.go.com/nba/dailydime/_/page/dime-130717/daily-dime (point 3)

• Like 1

Uuuuh....No. D12 was already muscular, sculpted and strong at 18 when he was drafted. Bebe, not so much at age 21

I think Pau Gasol is a better comparison for Lucas.

• Premium Member

I hope we don't continue the 3 guard offense during the season...It was a source of a lot of my frustration with the team last year along with Josh Smith of course. We can't settle for Teague-Jenkins-Korver as a starting combination with our undersized front line otherwise it will be more of the same of getting out rebounded by double digits every game. We would get off to these nice leads only to lose in the 4th quarters because the Jumpers would stop falling because of tired legs. Forget the speed game to set up Jump shooters! We need to establish a rebounding mind set and we will be more successful in the post season. So please no 3 guard starting line ups!

• Like 1