• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Kostas Papanikolaou has an offer from Atlanta Hawks on the table, to join NBA immediately?

GameTime

• Premium Member

I was excited for 2mins and 23 seconds until i scrolled down. Posted Image

Scrolled down..and finished reading his name? Nique (and his broadcasting career) wouldn't be happy with this signing.

He looks okay, I see another undersized player though.

Edited by cam1218

Scrolled down..and finished reading his name? Nique (and his broadcasting career) wouldn't be happy with this signing. He looks okay, I see another undersized player though.

Looks to me he has pretty good size

Hes a euro jump shooter, chances are he doesnt play defense.

In Europe, teams emphases on D more than in the NBA, period (especially team D).

NBA is about one-on-one D, and that's what should be the question here.

Papanikolau is a very good player, who's able to play both 2 and 3. He's played under some very good coaches and for a team that won Euroleague for the last two years in succession, that should speak for itself.

I hope there's some truth to these rumors...

Let's just get rid of all American players on the Hawks. Apparently that is the direction we are headed.

Jeff Teague, American. Lou Williams, American. Kyle Korver, American. John Jenkins, American. DeMarre Carroll, American. Mike Scott, American. Elton Brand, American. Cunningham, Mack, Muscala, Americans. Apparently you're wrong.

• Like 2

Scrolled down..and finished reading his name? Nique (and his broadcasting career) wouldn't be happy with this signing.He looks okay, I see another undersized player though.

NBADraft.net has him at 6'9" 230lbs with "really long arms". Doesn't sound very undersized for the 3 to me.

Can he play defense?

Yes. From NBADraft.net: http://www.nbadraft.net/players/kostas-papanikolaou

"Competitive lefty small forward with nice three point shot ... What he lacks in agility/fluidity, he makes up for in determination ... Aggressive defender that will block shots ... Has really long arms, which helps him in rebounding and defending/deflecting ... Very good mechanics on his shot and can shoot with range and consistency ... Strong basketball IQ/feel for the game ... Player with a high level of intensity/motor ... Hard working kid. Confident. Very strong mentally, a true competitor ... Shows leadership ability, encouraging teammates and pushing them ... Will surprise with highlight reel dunks. A deceptive athlete that can explode on the rim if defenders get caught napping ... Despite lacking great foot speed, utilizes the dribble drive well with excellent handles and finishing ability ..."

• Like 1

Yes. From NBADraft.net: http://www.nbadraft.net/players/kostas-papanikolaou

"Competitive lefty small forward with nice three point shot ... What he lacks in agility/fluidity, he makes up for in determination ... Aggressive defender that will block shots ... Has really long arms, which helps him in rebounding and defending/deflecting ... Very good mechanics on his shot and can shoot with range and consistency ... Strong basketball IQ/feel for the game ... Player with a high level of intensity/motor ... Hard working kid. Confident. Very strong mentally, a true competitor ... Shows leadership ability, encouraging teammates and pushing them ... Will surprise with highlight reel dunks. A deceptive athlete that can explode on the rim if defenders get caught napping ... Despite lacking great foot speed, utilizes the dribble drive well with excellent handles and finishing ability ..."

Sounds like Danny Ferry's dream 3.

• Like 1