• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Need another wing starter!

lush23

We are really thin at the 2/3 spot, even with Carroll. I think Jenkins is better suited to provide offense off the bench. We need another starter to compliment Korver. Any ideas? Would probably have to acquire via trade. What about Austin Rivers, a lot of guards in Nola.

• Like 2

We are really thin at the 2/3 spot, even with Carroll. I think Jenkins is better suited to provide offense off the bench. We need another starter to compliment Korver. Any ideas? Would probably have to acquire via trade. What about Austin Rivers, a lot of guards in Nola.

Well right - exacto - we are certainly "thin" at the starting three spot - like - do we even have a guy who is a starting three in the NBA?

Unless there are players on our roster that I have missed the answer would be no.

We have:

PG - Jeff Teague, starter in the NBA (obviously) and a good solid rookie backup (but not a proven starter)

SG - Kyle Korver, starter, best 3 pt shooter in the League

SF - Nobody

PF - Paul Milsap, proven starter and very good all around player

C - Al Horford, two time all-star, albeit in a C/PF role

So just looking at this - where is the deficiency? (kidding of course)...we have players who can "man" the SF position - but we have no proven NBA starter SF...or even a rookie who would be expected to "bring it" early.

Edited by Marilyn

• Premium Member

I get the feeling if we push, we could get Wesley Matthews from Portland.

I get the feeling if we push, we could get Wesley Matthews from Portland.

He is a very underrated player. He is not flashy but he is steady, had good size, and shoots the ball well. He used to be a good defender but his defensive metrics tools a step back last year.What is his salary ?

• Premium Member

He is a very underrated player. He is not flashy but he is steady, had good size, and shoots the ball well. He used to be a good defender but his defensive metrics tools a step back last year.What is his salary ?

He's due to make about 7 Million this year. They have McCollum now... and he serves as the true point to play beside Lillard. McCollum is good enough to start as a starter. That means that there's no place for Matthews as a starter. With Batum, he won't easily shift to SF. They also have Dorrell Wright (who they would probably push before Matthews?). With all that wing play but mainly McCollum, I think if we hit them with Lou for Matthews, they will probably do it for the cap savings, the space clearing and Lou giving them a strong guard off the bench.

That would make our starting lineup a lot more palatable:

Teague, Matthews, DMC, Sap, and Horf (unless we move for a C).

Edited by Diesel

I trust that DF is as aware of the weakness at the 3 as we are and is working on something good to plug that hole as we speak.

Matthews had that game against us where he went crazy from three, but I don't think he's the answer, long or short term. If the Knicks are indeed shopping Shumpert, I can live with Kyle and DMC at the 3 when we have a backcourt of Shump and Dennis making life terrible for opposing guards with the full- court pressure.

• Premium Member

Matthews had that game against us where he went crazy from three, but I don't think he's the answer, long or short term. If the Knicks are indeed shopping Shumpert, I can live with Kyle and DMC at the 3 when we have a backcourt of Shump and Dennis making life terrible for opposing guards with the full- court pressure.

Matthews is a good 3 point shooter... like Shump. I think Shump is a slightly better defender. The one problem is What will the Knicks want. They are a win now team. They need a C. Sadly, it's just easier to take Matthews.

And pardon my German but Brewer still sucks.

Matthews is a good 3 point shooter... like Shump. I think Shump is a slightly better defender. The one problem is What will the Knicks want. They are a win now team. They need a C. Sadly, it's just easier to take Matthews. And pardon my German but Brewer still sucks.

They have Tyson Chandler at C. I think they are good there.

I know it is a little unorthodox but could Mike Scott switch over and play some SF? Or maybe we could go international and get Sonny Weems to come back to the NBA or the Turkish kid Emir Preldzic. We need a SF and since there aren't much left in FA we might have to think outside the box.