• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Pero Antic will sign a 1+1 deal with the Hawks

DawsonsCreek

Hahhaha. this is joke right. Ferry must be out of his mind, cos this guy is 31 and could not find a club after Olympiacos.

I watched him couple of times when he played for my favorite team Red Star Belgrade - he is slow, unathletic, wery low basketball IQ, basically, he had two god seasons in Olympiacos, but only when they sold best players and in a system of Dusan Ivkovic - best Euro coach he had a lot playing time.

One of my friends knows Pero personaly, and, this is of the record, but he is not the best person to be around - he stole the girl from one of the teammates, he lends money from teammates, and stuff like that.

I sure hope that nobody has any type of expectations from him other than to be a body off the bench to get fouls and give the starters rest. I didn't realize he was 31 though. But that's interesting inside info about him. Sounds like he's a OG to the core!

Bring Ivan back so that I can update the "Step Brothers" graphic that I did for Hawksfanatic with Ivan and Zaza and we can put Antić there in place of Zaza. We are looking to build the new Bad Boys here baby.

They'd be like a Ron Simmons and Nikkita Kolaff tag team.

• Like 4

I sure hope that nobody has any type of expectations from him other than to be a body off the bench to get fouls and give the starters rest. I didn't realize he was 31 though. But that's interesting inside info about him. Sounds like he's a OG to the core!

Had 2 good years because he got playing time?

And he stole his teammates girl, because he could?

Thats the kinda guy I want on the court.

Edited by DawsonsCreek

Had 2 good years because he got playing time?

And he stole his teammates girl, because he could?

Thats the kinda guy I want, on the court.

So you want a bad teammate bro? Do you guys are always try to turn everything into a positive. This reminds more of HS defending Smoove bad jumpers till it became evident that we aren't going to win with Smoove bad jumpers.

Not too sure if I'm excited about this just yet....I mean yeah he's 6'11, 260 pounds so he has great size for the center position but he's also 30 or 31 and he's played 14 years in the euro league only avg. 3 or 5 boards over his career.But then you watch these YouTube videos and read all if these articles and we find out that he's really good on pick and pops because he is really decent at shooting the ball for his position.At the end of the day this is our new Anthony Tolliver. I mean maybe he's able to grab more boards over here down in the post with horford but until I see it...we unfortunately still need another Big....hopefully we take the risk on oden.Goodness! Rafael Lafrenz came to mind after reading about Pero Antić

Hahhaha. this is joke right. Ferry must be out of his mind, cos this guy is 31 and could not find a club after Olympiacos.

I watched him couple of times when he played for my favorite team Red Star Belgrade - he is slow, unathletic, wery low basketball IQ, basically, he had two god seasons in Olympiacos, but only when they sold best players and in a system of Dusan Ivkovic - best Euro coach he had a lot playing time.

One of my friends knows Pero personaly, and, this is of the record, but he is not the best person to be around - he stole the girl from one of the teammates, he lends money from teammates, and stuff like that.

Would some of this have to do with personal feelings? He did leave your favorite team for greener pastures.

This from Wikepedia:

"He was voted the MVP of the 2007-08 season in the Bulgarian National Basketball League, a season in which he averaged 23.3 points and 9.3 rebounds per game."

Link

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pero_Anti%C4%87

Edited by Buzzard
  • Like 1

So you want a bad teammate bro? Do you guys are always try to turn everything into a positive. This reminds more of HS defending Smoove bad jumpers till it became evident that we aren't going to win with Smoove bad jumpers.

I wanted Josh Smith gone years ago sir. And we could use a few more dirt bags on this team. Don't take it so seriously :)

Pero Antić is a Serbian player, with FYROM citizenship.

He's C/F, with lot's of experience... He can play in the post and also hit mid-range J... I've been following his career for quite some time now, and there's one thing that stands out about him, he always works hard and improves his game year in and year out. When he first came up, he was a promising big, but he was never able to get into Serbian national team, so he opted to play for FYROM... However, he's one of those late bloomers, as he was able to elevate his game and establish himself as a solid big man with very important role on 2-time Euroleague champs Olympiakos...

I think this is a nice pick-up to add to our front-court depth and another flexible stop-gap contract.

Oh, come on, he was never considered for Serbian team, Red Star never intended to resing him, and he was lucky that coach Ivković was in Olympiakos. I don't agree that he is "late bloomer" more like "one and done" season player. I have no idea how he can play in the NBA because has no skills, mid range jumper is solid- but nothing spectacular,basically old, slow, and even for European conditions average player...is obvious that Ferry pick him up on the basis of recommendations from Miško Ražnjatović (his agent) and it only proves that Ferry has no idea what to do with the team.

• Like 1

I just check out three Euro sites on the signing. They don't think he's a NBA player and most see him negative more than a positive. Someone on here said Tolly but Tolly is good at what he can do. This guy is just above average at what he can do and it's no bet he will translate that to the NBA. Once again, another Danny Ferry free agency move.

Edited by nbasupes40retired

Oh, come on, he was never considered for Serbian team, Red Star never intended to resing him, and he was lucky that coach Ivković was in Olympiakos. I don't agree that he is "late bloomer" more like "one and done" season player. I have no idea how he can play in the NBA because has no skills, mid range jumper is solid- but nothing spectacular,basically old, slow, and even for European conditions average player...is obvious that Ferry pick him up on the basis of recommendations from Miško Ražnjatović (his agent) and it only proves that Ferry has no idea what to do with the team.

Danny is one of these guys who is like the Josh Smith of NBA GM's. If he sticks to what he is good at, he would be easily one of the best but he tries to do so much stupid stuff. Josh Smith is great at defense. Ferry is great at the draft. Josh doesn't play to this strengths on offense. Ferry doesn't play to his strengths which is building through the draft and avoiding free agency.

Watching this free agency has been painful. Watching Billy Knight in the draft is painful. We haven't signed one player who wasn't already on our roster that was highly coveted as a free agent.

Still having trouble understanding how a dude who gets 2.8 rebounds per game, has the nickname "junkyard dog".

Because he will easily lead our team in diving on the floor next year. You ever see that guy play? He looks like he could care less about his body when he's out there.

My, Gloria gets around! First Delonte West and now this! ;-)

~lw3

Didn't DeShawn get it too? Or am I imagining that?

I just check out three Euro sites on the signing. They don't think he's a NBA player and most see him negative more than a positive. Someone on here said Tolly but Tolly is good at what he can do. This guy is just above average at what he can do and it's no bet he will translate that to the NBA. Once again, another Danny Ferry free agency move.

For bench fodder, even you should be able to admit he has a good resume.

Another tid bit from Wikepedia:

"Antić is a member and captain of the senior men's RoM national team. He was instrumental in his team reaching the semi-finals ofEuroBasket 2011 in Lithuania. Antić proved his reputation as one of the tournament's best rebounders, having an average of 8.8 rebounds per game, third best in the category. He also averaged 11.5 points per game, with his tournament high coming in the semi-finals against Spain, where he scored 17 points in a 92-80 defeat. He was among the overall leaders in several other categories. Besides being fourth in average minutes per game (34.5), he also ranked fourth in double-doubles, collecting three, against Finland (14 points and 19 rebounds), Bosnia and Herzegovina (15 points and 14 rebounds) and Russia (15 points and 10 rebounds). While hardly the revelation of the tournament, he fulfilled his full potential at the EuroBasket, and was the cornerstone of the RoM national team's defensive strategy, that propelled them to the top four."

Link:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pero_Anti%C4%87

Because he will easily lead our team in diving on the floor next year. You ever see that guy play? He looks like he could care less about his body when he's out there.

Oh good. If I remember correctly; we were last in the league in floor dives last year. If we can get that number up, we'll definitely improve. Who needs points or rebounds, when you got THE JUNKYARD DOG!

• Like 2