Pero Antic will sign a 1+1 deal with the Hawks

DawsonsCreek

T21, just wanted to give you props for your valuable insights. much appreciated. (unless you're making it all up lol)

I've seen this guy play on so many occasions.

However, you never know how it will work in real life... Obviously, DF selected him for a reason and as I've said before Al's supporting cast was selected to complement his game, as our franchise player.

Who cares? This guy isn't going to make or break the team. No reason to get excited or mad over it.

You have to understand everyone we sign has to be our next savior. Be it a future Dominique, Doc, Deke or Tree they have to pan out to be great for reasons not quite understood by shrinks; but they do at least have a term for it. Fan(atics)!!!!

• Moderators

Is this Pero a Peja Drobjnak 2.0? First time poster, long time lurker

Welcome to the board!

I am assuming he will be a scrub bench player and am not getting worked up about it.

I don't expect him to be as productive as Drobjnak, who averaged almost 20 mpg and started more than 1/3 of his NBA games.

Watch Hawksquawk try to turn this into a major coup. This is a center who wasn't one of those Navarro's or Prigini's of the world where he wanted by the NBA and doesn't want to come over. This is someone who isn't being scouted like that by the NBA. At best this is like Aron Baynes for San Antonio. Most likely, this is a below average signing at best. Another Ferry signing that doesn't make a lot of sense.

re·tired
/riˈtīī(ə)rd/
Adjective

[*]Having left one's job and ceased to work.

[*](of a place) Quiet and secluded; not seen or frequented by many people.

Synonyms
secluded
  • Like 1

• Moderators
Okay, he's a fellow Mini driver, so he's cool in my book. lol. Starting to think Ferry is looking too closely at FIBA players... He's already 30 and isn't much bigger than Al.

His age is being overstated. He is not our future and is not a key piece to this team by any means. But at least he will be in uniform and not in street clothes, which is more than some of the guys y'all are toting can say.

• Like 2

nbasupes40retired

Aren't most GM's past the age of playing in the NBA? With your superior knowledge,

I'm suprised some NBA team hasn't already grabbed you for their very own GM.

I know that you would be so great. You disagree with almost every move our GM has

made since he has been here, pointing out where he so wrong, all the mistakes that

he makes, day after day.

If our own GM, who is thought of as being way above average by most people in the

NBA, just think how great you're going to be!

And, just think, Hawksquawk posters, when NBA Superstar, Retired does become a GM

for some lucky team, we can all say, "I remember him. He was once a poster here!"

Being a NBA GM is about a lot more than building a roster. A lot more. Let's not understate that.

This reminds me of those Batista Hawks signings. A solid Euroleague player who is likely a below average NBA center if not worse. We could have just brought out Bebe this year instead of this. I hope we get Greg Oden or else I will continue to look at Ferry like a clownass missing on real talent again.

Greg Oden stinks. Im sure this euro stinks too but Greg Oden sure as hell isnt real talent.

• Admin
Okay, he's a fellow Mini driver, so he's cool in my book. lol. Starting to think Ferry is looking too closely at FIBA players... He's already 30 and isn't much bigger than Al.

I think it is more that he is a fan of Mr. Bean

• Moderators

Greg Oden stinks. Im sure this euro stinks too but Greg Oden sure as hell isnt real talent.

Oden is a per minute monster. If he can give you minutes (health is the question mark), his per minute numbers are fantastic.

Per 36:

15.3 points

11.9 rebounds

2.3 blocks

.180 WS/48

19.5 PER

The question is health and opportunity cost. Can he stay healthy? If you take a risk on him, are you passing on something that could swing a playoff series for us?

If you think he might stay healthy and there are no guys who could change our playoff fates, I am all for going for it on a 1 year + TO contract.

Because he will easily lead our team in diving on the floor next year. You ever see that guy play? He looks like he could care less about his body when he's out there.

Didn't DeShawn get it too? Or am I imagining that?

Delonte bent Gloria over. Deshawn bent Lebron over in the 2011 nba finals.

• Like 2

Oden is a per minute monster. If he can give you minutes (health is the question mark), his per minute numbers are fantastic.

Per 36:

15.3 points

11.9 rebounds

2.3 blocks

.180 WS/48

19.5 PER

The question is health and opportunity cost. Can he stay healthy? If you take a risk on him, are you passing on something that could swing a playoff series for us?

If you think he might stay healthy and there are no guys who could change our playoff fates, I am all for going for it on a 1 year + TO contract.

The guy is better than Omer Aisk. If he could stay healthy and play minute he could still be a top 10 NBA center with potential to be a top 5 center. This would be a great investment for us. I really don't mind if we offer 5 to 6 mil for him. Brandan Wright had serious injury issues, got his game back together and just got 2/10. This is a good investment.

Edited by nbasupes40retired

Ferry has a love affair with euros. I think Ferry is a bit of a know-it-all type. He thinks he knows more than he does about building. People are swearing by Dennis, I am not sold, I think all of his moves so-far leave something to be desired this one included. We need legit starters at the 2 and 3 positions plus a starting C and this is what we get. Ferry really isn't much different than Sund personnel wise

• Like 1