Pero Antic will sign a 1+1 deal with the Hawks

DawsonsCreek

http://www.sportando.net/eng/usa/nba/60110/pero-Antić-will-sign-a-11-deal-with-the-hawks.html Pero Antić will sign a 1+1 deal with the Hawks The forward from FYROM heading to the NBA

Posted Image

Pero Antić will sign a 1+1 deal in the NBA with the Atlanta Hawks, as reported by his agent Misko Raznatovic.

The forward from FYROM is flying to USA where he will pen a deal with the Hawks after the medical examinations.

Antić comes from Olympiacos where he has played the last two seasons winning two Euroleague titles.

Pero Antić is a Serbian player, with FYROM citizenship.

He's C/F, with lot's of experience... He can play in the post and also hit mid-range J... I've been following his career for quite some time now, and there's one thing that stands out about him, he always works hard and improves his game year in and year out. When he first came up, he was a promising big, but he was never able to get into Serbian national team, so he opted to play for FYROM... However, he's one of those late bloomers, as he was able to elevate his game and establish himself as a solid big man with very important role on 2-time Euroleague champs Olympiakos...

I think this is a nice pick-up to add to our front-court depth and another flexible stop-gap contract.

Edited by T21
  • Like 4

The way he's jacking up 3's reminds me of a someone. If they go in, fine. If not, looks like he's the White Brick.

Don't let highlight mix reel fool you. He's a team-first player, who always knows his role. He a solid defender in the post, because he's got strength and experience, just don't expect him to block a lot of shots, 'cause he ain't a shot-blocker.

Don't let highlight mix reel fool you. He's a team-first player, who always knows his role. He a solid defender in the post, because he's got strength and experience, just don't expect him to block a lot of shots, 'cause he ain't a shot-blocker.

I read that he can board very well. So he starts with AL, right? And Brand backs up Pero (and Paul backs up AL)?

Guess this means no Oden.

We've got to manufacture a wing form somewhere. Stevenson is the fall back plan i guess :/

Not that impressed. His avg is 18.3 MPG, 6.0 PPG, 3.5 RPG. Per 28 minutes, 9.3 PPG, 5.5 RPG. He definitely plays more like a stretch four or five than a center. Maybe Ferry sees him as 3rd center off the bench and foul fodder, similar to Jason Collins.

Link to page I found these stats on:

http://www.in-the-game.org/stats.php?player=Antić,%20PERO&level=player&sub=summary

Wonder, how much did he cost?

Zaza replacement with the ability to occasionally hit the 3, looks like.

Didn't see this one coming. Betcha he's cheaper than some of those

free agent centers available and maybe better.

The more signings, etc. we have, our "wait and see" mode moves us

to more and more speculation. Highlight reminds me of Dallas' big man.

GO HAWKS!

• Premium Member

I read that he can board very well. So he starts with AL, right? And Brand backs up Pero (and Paul backs up AL)?

Guess this means no Oden.

We've got to manufacture a wing form somewhere. Stevenson is the fall back plan i guess :/

Where did you read that he can board very well? I'm satisfied if that's the case. The source from Buzz says he's not much of an offensive rebounder, and his stats suggest he's fairly pedestrian overall.

Too, I'd be surprised if the Oden thing... being scheduled tomorrow... has much of anything to do with this signing. My guess is that this means that Muscala is going to be asked to play in Europe.

Edited by sturt

This reminds me of those Batista Hawks signings. A solid Euroleague player who is likely a below average NBA center if not worse. We could have just brought out Bebe this year instead of this. I hope we get Greg Oden or else I will continue to look at Ferry like a clownass missing on real talent again.

Edited by nbasupes40retired
  • Like 1

Where did you read that he can board very well? I'm satisfied if that's the case. The source from Buzz says he's not much of an offensive rebounder, and his stats suggest he's fairly pedestrian overall.

Read it on his Wiki:

Antić's best offensive attributes are his body strength, jump shot and dunking ability. He is adept at pick and roll play, which coupled with the unusually good three-point shooting accuracy for a player of his position, makes him a scoring danger from all distances. While he's not a prolific scorer, he also possesses decent passing skills, adding to his offensive contribution. The defensive part of the game is considered to be his finest attribute. Antić's anticipation, positioning and overall athleticism make him one of the most powerful rebounders in Europe. He also demonstrated particular determination and confidence when guarding opposition star players, such as Dirk Nowitzki and Pau Gasol at the EuroBasket 2011.

Edited by DawsonsCreek
  • Like 1

Watch Hawksquawk try to turn this into a major coup. This is a center who wasn't one of those Navarro's or Prigini's of the world where he wanted by the NBA and doesn't want to come over. This is someone who isn't being scouted like that by the NBA. At best this is like Aron Baynes for San Antonio. Most likely, this is a below average signing at best. Another Ferry signing that doesn't make a lot of sense.

• Like 2

Hahhaha. this is joke right. Ferry must be out of his mind, cos this guy is 31 and could not find a club after Olympiacos.

I watched him couple of times when he played for my favorite team Red Star Belgrade - he is slow, unathletic, wery low basketball IQ, basically, he had two god seasons in Olympiacos, but only when they sold best players and in a system of Dusan Ivkovic - best Euro coach he had a lot playing time.

One of my friends knows Pero personaly, and, this is of the record, but he is not the best person to be around - he stole the girl from one of the teammates, he lends money from teammates, and stuff like that.

So is he the White Ivan? Bald headed, Beard, big and skilled? Kind of intimidating look.

Bring Ivan back so that I can update the "Step Brothers" graphic that I did for Hawksfanatic with Ivan and Zaza and we can put Antić there in place of Zaza. We are looking to build the new Bad Boys here baby.

• Like 2