• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Best Wishes to Huddy

Wow, that looked terrible. Prayers out to Huddy for a quick recovery. Young Jrs facial expressions says it all. Feel bad for him. Waiting to hear the news.

Much respect to Young - great sportsmanship.

Edited by AHawks89
  • Like 1

• Premium Member

Wow, that looked terrible. Prayers out to Huddy for a quick recovery. Young Jrs facial expressions says it all. Feel bad for him. Waiting to hear the news. Much respect to Young - great sportsmanship.

Agree with all of the above.While Huddy isn't what he used to be, he's been a huge part of our organization for quite awhile now. I really hope that isn't the last time we see him in a Braves uniform.

Injuries suck but I expect the next guy in line to step up and take his place. I hope Huddy get well soon. This would be a terrible way for him to end his Braves career though. Unless Huddy take another significant discount and assuming there is a spot open in the rotation. He tenure with the Braves is over with.

While Huddy isn't what he used to be...

I personally think he's always been dominant with his ground ball style. I didn't care for him at all when he first got here because there was so much to measure up to with the Triplets and the mounting injuries were frustrating. I hated him and McDowell for a while. Now, I honor them both for what they've done, especially mentoring all the young guys. He been a rock for the past four or five years. Wish Huddy the best and hope this isn't career-threatening, but I think we'll be fine. The Nationals aren't in our class as an organization so I don't think they can overtake us due to this setback of losing our ace. Beachy should fill in the missed spot or someone else I maybe haven't even heard of out of the farm system. We grow pitchers on trees. Huddy will hobble around and be a great assistant for McDowell with the kids. It's just time for guys like Maholm, Medlen, and Teheran to step up, which I don't doubt at all. Edited by benhillboy

If anyone missed the injury, here: Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image Posted Image

Damnit man. No ill-will towards the runner, though. I'm sure Huddy knows he had way too much of the bag. Lesson to all youngsters, all you have to do is graze the side of the bag with your outside outsole. If you can't, let the runner on and live to fight another day. I know the fracture hurt like hell, let alone the spikes with so much force. Huddy is a very strong guy mentally, but I can imagine a fracture of your ankle at that age is pretty devastating and will take a little time to get over. He was fighting hard for HOF status.
  • Like 1