Falcons.

(47%, 98 Votes)

Braves.

(29%, 62 Votes)

I can't bring myself to vote for one.

(22%, 47 Votes)

Hawks.

(2%, 5 Votes)

3. Hawks (44 seasons: 1762-1798, 28 playoffs, 0 titles).

Biggest need: a plan.

Parade odds: 100-1.

Of the three franchises, the Hawks are the only ones who seem to make it up as they go. Is Al Horford ideal at center? No. Does Jeff Teague have shortcomings at point guard? Yes. But the biggest problem was giving Joe Johnson an elite player’s contract, the issue being he’s not an elite player, and he has hamstrung them financially.

There is no easy way out of this mess. But the most significant move they could make would be trading Josh Smith (who wants out and likely will leave next year in free agency) for a starting point guard, a center or a second scoring option. But plans only come about when an organization shows some semblance of stability, and the Hawks are anything but stable. From the pratfalls of ownership to the uncertain future of general manager Rick Sund, it’s difficult to get a handle on where this team is going.

This bunch has probably hit their ceiling as a first- or second-round playoff team, unless significant changes are made. But what do the Hawks generally do? Tweak and play it safe.

~lw3

• Moderators

Everyone knows its Marvin who has hamstrung this organization The NBA is just tough and as much as i agree that our ownership is bumbling, about 75% of the league has the same problems. Seeing what Josh did this year and how we competed without Al I don't see that we've hit a ceiling. Josh and Al are just hitting the age where nba stars typically flourish. Add a real impact player, even if he's old and we could be real tough. The alternatives aren't any better than that.

• Moderators

If Marvin would've panned out as a 18 & 8 guy, we would have won a championship or two by now. Marvin has underachieved for years and the ownership won't admit that he has. He is nothing more than a defensive, B-list player. I'm not saying I definitely want him off of this team because I think he would be a good bench player. Joe can only do so much with two guys draped all over him and we would be stupid to consider Smoove a qualified offensive threat. We need a starting SF more than anything on this team. If Joe had a Gerald Wallace or a Rudy Gay or the likes out there with him, I believe there would not be any question to why he got that big contract. Teague still has a few seasons of development ahead of him and Horford does all that he can playing the wrong position for his skill set. Get us a SF Sund!

If Marvin would've panned out as a 18 & 8 guy, we would have won a championship or two by now. Marvin has underachieved for years and the ownership won't admit that he has. He is nothing more than a defensive, B-list player. I'm not saying I definitely want him off of this team because I think he would be a good bench player. Joe can only do so much with two guys draped all over him and we would be stupid to consider Smoove a qualified offensive threat. We need a starting SF more than anything on this team. If Joe had a Gerald Wallace or a Rudy Gay or the likes out there with him, I believe there would not be any question to why he got that big contract. Teague still has a few seasons of development ahead of him and Horford does all that he can playing the wrong position for his skill set. Get us a SF Sund!

He hasn't underacheived. He was just never THAT good.