• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Bebe to the Hawks this season?

• Admin

If you are going to do this, don't burn one of his rookie contract years. Just let him play in Spain. It isn't like the NBDL is some big step up from where he would play there.

I think it is a good idea to stay in Spain. He is not ready for prime time and will just sit on the bench this season and maybe next

• Admin

I would think:Teague/SchröderKK/Jenkins/CunninghamSap/ScottHorf/PeroBrand/BebeIf Brand doesn't get in a ton of minutes, Bebe could be the beneficiary.

Milsap isn't a sf and Brand is not starter minute material anymore. Bebe isn't ready to play yet...maybe garbage minutes

• Like 1

The kid needs to add some muscle. He can workout here with players like Horford and Millsap. While also getting in practice time with Schröder on the practice squad.

I don't see it as a lose to bring him over, so long as he gets in the work on things he needs.

I want him here NOW - learn Buds offensive and defensive system, work with NBA trainer on body, understand the rigors of the NBA, learn from Al, Brand and Sap. Develop chemistry with teammates.DF and Bud tout player development - develop him here under their watchful eye.

Edited by JayBirdHawk

We hear he's coming here. We're excited!Then, we hear that he will not be allowed off the bench at all and shouldbe returned overseas. Where this comes from, I have no idea. Whatwould give any one this idea?Will he become an immediate starter? Nope. Will he spend a lot of timeon the bench at the beginning of the season? Probably.But, slowly, I expect him to get a few minutes here and there while he soaksup a lot of information, learns a lot about the NBA and works on buildinghis body. He's probably always going to be a beanpole.By mid-season, I expect him to have a solid role in the rotation. He can't possiblylearn about the NBA overseas. He's still a growing young man. Let him grow here.Do we expect to win it all this season? Nope. That's next season. Let's not getahead of ourselves. This is our learning and growing season. We've got a greatcrop and it's looking good. Harvest is next season, not this. Let it grow and ripenthis season!GO HAWKS!

• Like 1

This kid is paying to play in Atlanta. Deserves a statue already

Hahaha...good one Posted Image

Sadly, the thing we have to realize is that a million or so is real money to our ownership group.

The reason I bring this up is the reality we all need to understand about differences in owners/ownership groups.

The Brooklyn Nets owner is often referred to as a Russian "billionaire" - which is technically true. But from what I have read on reputable sites - P. is actually worth $15billion.

Now let's think about that - mathematically. A billion is a thousand million (difficult to get one's head around numbers' wise). So (if reports are true) the BNets owner has 15,000 - Million dollars. That is a stunning amount of money. In truth it is akin to the yearly GNP of a whole lot of countries...and I'm not talking dinky ones.

This is what we are up against. A few million here or there means almost nothing to the man.

Pocket change. Posted Image

We think that DF "pulled a fast one" by ditching JJ's bloated contract to the Nets (and it was great for us)...but in truth...their owner probably sees it as a decent deal to get a quality SG to help fullfil his NBA Championship goal.

Edited by Marilyn

Playing against Horf I practice will be invaluable and the spurs have more commitment to deveping players. Given them set minutes every night. Do it

He's a very skinny 7-foot jumper with almost no skills who has never gone against NBA talent (or even decent NCAA talent)...I seriously doubt if he ever plays a game in the NBA.

I hope I am wrong.

Edited by Marilyn

He's a very skinny 7-foot jumper with almost no skills who has never gone against NBA talent (or even decent NCAA talent)...I seriously doubt if he ever plays a game in the NBA.

I hope I am wrong.

I bet you $5,000,000 he plays in a game this season if he comes over.

• Like 1