• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

I know we dont have a Champ Team but we do have a Team of BANGERS

JTB

Im not going to say Im thrilled with this hawks team but I do have alot of interest on how they play on the court this season. Just like the name of this thread I know we are no where near a championship and Im not satisfied with that but I do like the fact that we wont be the "Charles Barkley term...Soft"

I dont live in ATL but I do travel quite a bit and let me tell you in case you didnt know...most places I have been to most people I talk to have always labeled the Hawks as a soft team! I think the one time they gave us some props was after the hawks beat the magic even though howard damn near dropped 50 on us every game.

Point is...is that I see this team as some new rough necks especially at PF and Center!

Even the players most would label "scrubs: are so hard nosed players at one point our only hard nosed player in my eyes was Zaza followed by horford.....everybody else was soft including Joe,Josh, and Jamal.

But the players we have now....shhhhhiiiiii.......naw they not close to superstar talent but I bet they play some aggressive ass defense and tough play in the paint on both ends of the floor. Yes sir! Horford, Milsap, Brand, Antec, Ayón and DMC & Korver....those are some tough a** players with high BBIQs!

Its completely different than what we have seen on the hawks in quite a while. High BBIQ and hard nose players! Lets see how it turns out maybe this hawks team wont get pushed around and really man up in the playoffs....you never know.

• Like 4

Good post and I agree, as I've said before we aren't to the promise land yet obviously, but we damn sure are more of a respectable franchise now in my mind. No more joke of the NBA or being called softies. It's a new day in Atlanta.

• Like 1

Which means we'll win some games we shouldn't but if we have any chances of the playoffs ..... The ball we play won't be that entertaining As far as skill goes. It'll have to be hard nosed low scoring defensive games. And maybe that's dfs plan. Establish a style of play, earn some respect and attract FAs. ? May not be an exciting brand of ball?

What if, DF sees our two young rookies as being budding stars? The menace has gotten attention that makes that favorableWhile Bebe is more of an unknown. If that's the case he's putting these role players around them. And this might be the way to go cuz we can't attract FA. Only other route is a trade and there have been several post mentioning that. Quest is do we have budding stars?

• Like 1

This team looks sort of like the Fratello Cavs teams. A ton of defense and not a lick of offense.

I also agree this season is about developing a culture of a hardworking, no nonsense team. We're building an leadership infrastructure so that when a top FA starts to look at different teams he can see that the Hawks are a place where he can win big and be supported by a top-flight organization. The consternation from some of posters I think is unwarranted at this point. Building a winning and competitive culture doesn't happen over night. Rather, Ferry and Bud have to get guys in now that will buy into the process. Once you have that core group, you can start to add other pieces. Great examples of this process are the Patriots and now the Falcons. Bring in your guys and all of a sudden other guys want to be a part of it.

That said, we still need a scoring wing Ferry!

• Like 1

teague, jenkins, korver are known more for offense than defense.

sap is not the defensive player that josh was. undersized.

horford is undersized at the 5, can score.

I don't see the defensive prowess, thought that this team was being structured for some odd offensive strategy.

• Moderators

This team looks sort of like the Fratello Cavs teams. A ton of defense and not a lick of offense.

I also agree this season is about developing a culture of a hardworking, no nonsense team. We're building an leadership infrastructure so that when a top FA starts to look at different teams he can see that the Hawks are a place where he can win big and be supported by a top-flight organization. The consternation from some of posters I think is unwarranted at this point. Building a winning and competitive culture doesn't happen over night. Rather, Ferry and Bud have to get guys in now that will buy into the process. Once you have that core group, you can start to add other pieces. Great examples of this process are the Patriots and now the Falcons. Bring in your guys and all of a sudden other guys want to be a part of it.

That said, we still need a scoring wing Ferry!

If we get our Tom Brady or Matt Ryan, we will be much further down that road. It is tougher when you are building around Jay Cutler or Josh Freeman.

Perfect world:

Teague,German

SG?

SF?

Horford,Milsap

C?

Sorry that is all I can see. Why are going to be playing people out of position and starting a bunch of non starters. If we make the playoffs they got the most out of the teams talent. You can be as tough as you want to be but a welterweight has no business facing off against a heavyweight

Edited by MrMeltdown

• Premium Member

Perfect world:

Teague,German

SG?

SF?

Horford,Milsap

C?

Sorry that is all I can see. Why are going to be playing people out of position and starting a bunch of non starters. If we make the playoffs they got the most out of the teams talent. You can be as tough as you want to be but a welterweight has no business facing off against a heavyweight

What's the difference between this year's team and last year's team?

• Premium Member

Not much maybe a little better! Little worse defensively and quite a bit better offensively(efficient). Loss of Smith and lack of defense at wing is somewhat offset by the fact that there will be less long rebounds and transition game for the opposition coming off if Smoove's longrange bricks.Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Edited by turnermx

• Premium Member

Not much maybe a little better! Little worse defensively and quite a bit better offensively(efficient). Loss of Smith and lack of defense at wing is somewhat offset by the fact that there will be less long rebounds and transition game for the opposition coming off if Smoove's longrange bricks. Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

That's what I thought but Posters think that this team is dramatically worse than last's year's team when in fact it might be better because of improved rebounding personnel.

• Premium Member

We've got a lot of posters here that think they can GM better than DF. Second guess the guy for his offseason moves before the offseason is over and before the team even suits up for the first regular season game. Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Edited by turnermx

Mmm ... bangers 'n mash ... sorry, got me sidetracked there for a second.

Maybe the terminology is off a bit. Sure, we'll be a blue collar yet efficient team. But when I think "banger" I think of guys like Zaza and Ivan and Josh.

Like yungsta was saying, we're an undersized jumpshooting team. I'm excited for the flexibility we've got and I can't say that any of the moves made by DF are bad (despite not having a legit C and a serious need at the wing). But I don't know if "bangers" has the right connotation.

Im sorry but I fail to see how this is a banger team. We are still an undersized jumpshooting team.

Never said we weren't undersized but we are tougher and we do have players that are BANGERS by instinct...Brand, Milsap, Antec, Ayón if signed, horford is a willing banger in the post and DMC is like Gerald Wallace just flat out reckless.I'm not implying we are going to win a ton of games I'm implying that this hawks team will be the toughest group of guys we have seen in a long time.I see us being a physical team like the bulls/pacers but of course not as talented on defense end or offense though those two teams did rank lower in offense than the hawks even with smith chucking shots but the difference is that we don't have worry about wondering if this new hawks team is giving their best efforts or not.It's just a step up as far as player personnel go with this new team and most hawk fans should respect this team more though we will probably win 44 games again.-rebounding is better-most new players are tougher-most or nearly all players are smarter-all players know their role!!! High BBIQ at all positions-offense will be more Effiecent once scheme is learned and no josh smithIt's a good first step for ferry!