• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Korver vs Carroll...Who starts?

JTB

If this was up to me I say Carroll starts over Korver ALL DAY. I get Korver got the bigger contract but its going to be a huge mistake to start this guy over Korver.Korver is a one demisional player and he has been that way for years. He is an excellent top 5 three point shooter but is not a player to start.Carroll on the other hand can do alot more than Korver if given the minutes. Most importantly we need that good wing defender in the starting lineup. Carroll can avg 8pts and 7rebs in starter minutes.

• Admin

Korver...you mention he is one deminsional but there something extremely important that he does...he spreads the floor...teams can not double off of him so it opens things up for horford and company.Jyd is a nice energy guy off the bench.

• Premium Member

Carroll's game is to bring energy off the bench from what I've come to understand... on many if not most teams, he wouldn't even be in their rotation on many if not most nights.

Korver certainly is better to bring off the bench, but it's not like we have any other legit options now that DF has effectively closed up shop until December... that is, barring a Horford or Lou Williams trade, which seem highly unlikely.

So, Korver, by default.

• Like 1

Actually, I'm with Ruckus....switch them off depending on the matchup.

True. We saw a lot of different starting lineups win games last year. I'd go with Kyle for a majority though because the spacing he creates clearly gives Teague driving lanes and Al open elbow jimmys. I think he's a good rebounder that immediately finds the PG afterwards, great bounce passer out the double, able shot blocker agaisnt shorter players, good at cutting off the baseline and commits good fouls if he can't, and always communicates. All of that heavily offsets his big weaknesses of defensive foot speed and shot creation IMO, two things that can be masked as long as he's flanked by two players who can provide them. It's really all about who finishes the game, though, and I can see scenarios where they both will be on the floor. Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 1

• Moderators

I'm in favor of both starting with Scott getting a few minutes at SF and PF off the bench (about 12 total minutes per game). Start Korver at 2 with Carroll at 3. Then I'd continue using Lou as the backup PG with Jenkins at 2. Defense will suffer but offense won't. Make Schröder our 3rd PG and cut Mack to bring in another cheap backup SF unless Ebanks is still in our sights, then Carroll should definitely come in off of the bench with Ebanks/Korver starting. If we get Ebanks or another good SF, we could be a very dangerous team next season.

• Premium Member

True. We saw a lot of different starting lineups win games last year. I'd go with Kyle for a majority though because the spacing he creates clearly gives Teague driving lanes and Al open elbow jimmys. I think he's a good rebounder that immediately finds the PG afterwards, great bounce passer out the double, able shot blocker agaisnt shorter players, good at cutting off the baseline and commits good fouls if he can't, and always communicates. All of that heavily offsets his big weaknesses of defensive foot speed and shot creation IMO, two things that can be masked as long as he's flanked by two players who can provide them. It's really all about who finishes the game, though, and I can see scenarios where they both will be on the floor.

Who?