• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

This team isn't good at all

NBASupes

I see some positive, some negative, but I seen a team that's below average. Stat wise going into the pre-season, you seen some good signs but once they come together on the court, it just doesn't fit at all. Without Smoove, this defense and offense is missing a key component and I really don't even like Smoove at all.

I'm not really concerned about the record this year. IMO, Ferry is just pulling talent in to move it, so why worry with the record. If it is bad, then we get up high in the draft. If we manage to make the playoffs with this roster then coach Bud will be seen as up and coming, thus attracting FAs.

I guess I'm going into the season with a glass half-full rather than the half-empty approach over the past few seasons.

The things I'm looking forward to is seeing what the vision for the offense and defense actually is. That is, do we finally have a real HC? Can Denis start to develop into an NBA PG? What trades will be made to begin balancing the roster for next season? The reset button has been pushed guys, and now we have to see what loads up.

• Like 2

• Moderators

LD would certainly get this team in the playoffs. Hopefully Bud is as good or better. Milsap may have some wink-wink deal but all I know is that Korver and Brand, while i'm sure motivated by money like everyone, are at the point where they are looking to win. They see something going on here and they know more than me.

Regular season is different than the playoffs and this team can definitely win regular season games. Hopefully by February we may have the chance to get an impact player to help with the playoffs.

• Like 1

LD would certainly get this team in the playoffs. Hopefully Bud is as good or better. Milsap may have some wink-wink deal but all I know is that Korver and Brand, while i'm sure motivated by money like everyone, are at the point where they are looking to win. They see something going on here and they know more than me.

Regular season is different than the playoffs and this team can definitely win regular season games. Hopefully by February we may have the chance to get an impact player to help with the playoffs.

You are comparing oranges to apples. LD wouldn't get this team to the playoffs. This team doesn't equal last year team. We had a lot more talent, more fit, and more size. This team is much different.

You are comparing oranges to apples. LD wouldn't get this team to the playoffs. This team doesn't equal last year team. We had a lot more talent, more fit, and more size. This team is much different.

IMO I do agree our team looked better going into last season than it does this season.

From memory this was our roster from the beginning of last season.

jeff teague/devin harris

Lou/jenkins/ morrow

Korver/deshawn

Josh/Ivan/Tolliver/Scott

Horford/Zaza/ Petro

Compared to now

Teague/Dennis/ ivey?

Korver/lou/jenkins/cunningham

Demarre/ James johnson or cartier martin

Milsap/ Brand/Scott/ Antić

Horford/ Ayón

• Moderators

IMO I do agree our team looked better going into last season than it does this season.

From memory this was our roster from the beginning of last season.

jeff teague/devin harris

Lou/jenkins/ morrow

Korver/deshawn

Josh/Ivan/Tolliver/Scott

Horford/Zaza/ Petro

Compared to now

Teague/Dennis/ ivey?

Korver/lou/jenkins/cunningham

Demarre/ James johnson or cartier martin

Milsap/ Brand/Scott/ Antić

Horford/ Ayón

I'm just not seeing where that is significantly different other than I will say we were stronger at the 2 because we had Lou or Harris available. Other than that we replaced Josh with Sap, Zaza with Brand, and Deshawn with Carroll. If Lou was healthy i'd argue we have just as much talent.

• Premium Member

I'm not really concerned about the record this year. IMO, Ferry is just pulling talent in to move it, so why worry with the record. If it is bad, then we get up high in the draft. If we manage to make the playoffs with this roster then coach Bud will be seen as up and coming, thus attracting FAs.

I guess I'm going into the season with a glass half-full rather than the half-empty approach over the past few seasons.

The things I'm looking forward to is seeing what the vision for the offense and defense actually is. That is, do we finally have a real HC? Can Denis start to develop into an NBA PG? What trades will be made to begin balancing the roster for next season? The reset button has been pushed guys, and now we have to see what loads up.

What talent besides Millsap has he brought in to move?

Edited by Vol4ever

Korver, Williams, Teague and Jenkins all Ferry acquisitions that can be moved. Ferry inherited Horford but he could also be moved for a good return. So, there is talent that can be exchanged for other talent on the club. For who or what is actually the better question, but I don't have the full answer to it as who knows who is really available. Some rumors out there include Lamarcus Aldridge, Asik, Shved, Derozen, there are probably others available as well.

I have sat out of conversations since the free agency failings happened. I am trying to see where this team is at with the collection we have. I am not sure I am totally wrong so far (remember so far) on the scoring from this team, it is either live by the 3 or score 80. Rebounding is KILLING us, I've watched what I could of the games, and man...we need some rebounding. As for the scheme, I think it is possible to work, but we have some pieces we need badly for it to work. I true big would help, a PF...Now I will reserve the right to say I told you so later in the season, BUT to be fair I will be the first to admit I was wrong. I DO hope they either fix some of the issues OR just go for top of draft. Sitting in the middle will...well....keep us in the middle.

I have sat out of conversations since the free agency failings happened. I am trying to see where this team is at with the collection we have. I am not sure I am totally wrong so far (remember so far) on the scoring from this team, it is either live by the 3 or score 80. Rebounding is KILLING us, I've watched what I could of the games, and man...we need some rebounding. As for the scheme, I think it is possible to work, but we have some pieces we need badly for it to work. I true big would help, a PF...Now I will reserve the right to say I told you so later in the season, BUT to be fair I will be the first to admit I was wrong. I DO hope they either fix some of the issues OR just go for top of draft. Sitting in the middle will...well....keep us in the middle.

Free agent failures?

We are better but will still struggle to win games down the stretch...

This team isn't close to that team. That team was really a slim margin and injuries to key players on other teams to being -13 wins. The slimest of margins could have that team go from a bottom tier EC playoff team to a below average team. I think the margin has been eclpsed now. While it's mainly because of Josh and us not replacing what Josh brings, it's also Zaza, Petro, and will finally really feel the lost of Joe. We felt it at times last year and during the playoffs but this year, it will be clear.

Free agent failures?

Yes lack of an impact player, lack of a true PF, week SG. I would call this FA a huge bust. We lost any presence in the paint and have nothing in terms of consistent scoring. Are you saying we filled our needs and did well this offseason?