• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

F'n Cardinals...

DJlaysitup

Couldn't post this on the Braves thread - but - DANG !!

St. Louis Cardinals are always the "Smart Team"....they give away Pujols' huge stupid contract and here they are - fixing to go to the World Series again....without him...damn.

Now don't get me wrong - I grew up a Cards fan so I'm not too p!ssed....but I'm a Braves fan first and foremost.

But dang - we owe Uggla and B.J. like a trillion dollars. Posted Image

Edited by DJlaysitup
  • Like 1

I hate the Cards because the Braves seem to be their personal whipping team lately. They are def the model team right now it seem. Building from within and sign a key free agent here and there. It is working for them.

I won't count the Dodgers out just yet. Cards do have a history within the last 15-20 years of going up 3-1 in the NLCS only to lose. We know it happen last year. It happen vs the Braves back in 96.

I don't see anyone beating the Red Sox this year as those lucky pricks seem to find a way to win no matter the odds. How in the crap did they beat the Tigers with Scherzer and Verlander pitching in back to back games and the Tigers already up 1-0? Then they have a 5-1 lead in the 8th inning and can barely even get on base and I'm thinking the series is probably over going up 2-0 and Verlander on the mound the next night. But somehow those lucky bastards are up 2-1 and have gone through Detroit's aces already. This just seems to be a year of destiny for them. Why oh why couldn't they have kept that turd Valentine for just a few more years :kickcan:

• Like 1

We're right there with the Cards, we beat them head to head this year, it just takes a lot of luck in October and they've been the recipient of much more than their fair share in recent memory.I'm pretty sure the monetary impact of Winning a World Series wouldn't extend to the worst parts of Detroit with the whole city filing for bankruptcy and all, but damn those people need all the good news they can get. The City of Boston has made enough revenue from championship teams in the last 10 years to fund the city of Detroit relative to its resources now, which seems to be nothing.

• Moderators

I'm everyone in here... F both teams. Hate the city of Boston with a passion cause those pricks are so cocky about their sports teams. Wish them nothing but losing seasons. Hate the Cards too, but I'd rather see them prove that they didn't need Pujols overpaid self to win a pennant. Both my teams were in the playoffs and choked. Detroit's bullpen has been their achilles heal for years. Just can't understand how one aspect of the pitching can be so dominate and then the other be so weak. Smily and Porcello are the only keepers in that bullpen. And Lord, oh Lord, if Cabera would have just checked up at third early in Game 5. Could have been a whole different series. Ugh, it's so hard being a sports fan at times... lol

• Moderators

Hey at least your team isn't about to desperately overpay for a mediocre talent like McCann. I'm praying the Yanks don't offer him $100 as he's nowhere near worthy if that amount.

He isn't mediocre but not worth $100 million. He's a damn good hitter but frankly with Gattis here and McCann letting that bat sit on his shoulder all of game 4 against the Dodgers I'm not pining for him to stay a Brave anymore.

He isn't mediocre but not worth $100 million. He's a damn good hitter but frankly with Gattis here and McCann letting that bat sit on his shoulder all of game 4 against the Dodgers I'm not pining for him to stay a Brave anymore.

He's mediocre for a guy looking to get $100 million! For a guy being paid $5 million or so a season he's a great deal. But was he worth the $13 million or whatever it was he got this year?

• Moderators

He's mediocre for a guy looking to get $100 million! For a guy being paid $5 million or so a season he's a great deal. But was he worth the $13 million or whatever it was he got this year?

Not for one year but all told his 5 year, 40 million dollar contract was a pretty good deal for an all star catcher in his prime. But remember the biggest problem he had was by september he was pretty much done most years. i just don't think he has the body to handle catching 120+games a year. Make him a DH you may have something. Of course I"d never pay $100 million for him.

• Like 1

I'll admit I watch very little of this series but was this a terrible series? It seemed so to me. Of course I had no interest in it because i don't like either team but it seemed like some mostly boring not close games.

I didn't watch any but the mood of the coverage makes it seem like it was awful. A lot of "pitchers duels" AKA nap time and McCarver and Buck making people nauseous breaking down errors for 10 minutes. Nobody hit for Boston except Ortiz, and nobody hit for St. Louis apparently. It's funny watching the media stretch for stories when the Neilsen Ratings prove nobody outside Massachusetts cared. If your team isn't playing in October, there's nothing more boring, especially when there are no true stars or personalities. Edited by benhillboy