• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

James Johnson is gone

GameTime

I hope this means that Scott gets his contract guaranteed soon. Really want to see that guy get a real chance. He's really worked his a** off and is a smart player. Totally dominated the D-League each time he got sent down there last year. But up solid numbers when given a shot.

As as for Cartier, that guy really stunk it up. Missed and kept on missing instead of shifting his game to try and get other people good looks or whatever. Seemed way too similar to JBrick chucking and chucking up bad shots. Maybe he just had an off night, but I'm already fine with Scott getting good backup minutes behind Carroll. He can do it. No doubt.

Thought Scott was a four. Can't guard 3's and has no 3 pt shot.

Nah, word is he's been practicing a lot at the 3, and he does have a pretty decent 3-pt stroke too. He's nailed more than one clutch 3 in his limited time with the Hawks. In the past two preseasons he's drilled them from deep with the game on the line. He played mostly 4 last year, so you didn't see it too much, but he does definitely have an outside game.

I think he'd actually be a great 3. Whatever improvements he needs to make defensively appear to be fairly minor, and he isn't as slow as a lot of Squawkers make him out to be. Sure, maybe he'd have trouble with the Lebrons or Paul Georges in the league, but so does pretty much everyone. He'd be able to reasonably contain most of the 3's out there, though. He can easily go inside and outside on offense. He's smart in his positioning. He knows how to watch the defense and sneak in low for a quick layup off a pass from the top of the key (practically a signature move of his) and his defensive rebounding positioning is pretty damn top notch. He would be large for a 3. He plays unselfishly.

I could go on and on. I really like Scott a lot. I think he's got a boatload of potential and I feel like if we let him walk he'll be the type of player somebody else picks up to turn him into a solid roster piece that we'll seriously regret letting go.

Yeah yeah yeah this probably sounds like I've gone all homer over Scott, but I'm pretty sure I'm not the only who thinks the guy has delivered every time he's been given an opportunity and can really be a great ball player in the not to distant future.

No homo.

Not sure if you guys have been reading these "Breaking Bud" articles, but in this 3rd installment he talks about Mike Scott and how he will be playing the 4. Especially during the first half of the season. See the 4th paragraph from the bottom for the start of the Mike Scott discussion.

http://hawksbasketblog.com/2013/10/14/breaking-bud-part-three-the-frontcourt/

• Like 1

• Moderators

I expect Korver to get plenty of minutes at SF this season. If either Caroll or Korver goes down, then we will be stretching to try to play Scott or Sap minutes at SF (barring another roster move).