• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Marc Stein Tweet about 'raves piling up' for Schröder as ROY

Admin

I was surprised to see this one and I highly doubt he'll have that type of a rookie season but you never know since this wasn't a particularly impressive rookie class. My guess is Ben Mac or Oladipo or maybe Olynyk but I'd love to see Dennis win it.

• Like 4

If there are basketball Gods out there this should happen for us. We never get any high profile free agents, we need get a #1 pick, we never get national tv exposure, we never get the benefit of the doubt with calls from refs. Can we just get a rookie of the year award please.

i don't think this will happen, and even as a schröder i hope he don't get the chanche for it. Since this will mean Teague have an serious injury to give Dennis the encessary playing time, but he can have a break out as a backup Posted Image

I believe more realistic is to hope that he makes the allstar day, as a personal award and hopefully have an succesful season including 1-2 Po rounds Posted Image

i don't think this will happen, and even as a schröder i hope he don't get the chanche for it. Since this will mean Teague have an serious injury to give Dennis the encessary playing time, but he can have a break out as a backup Posted Image

I believe more realistic is to hope that he makes the allstar day, as a personal award and hopefully have an succesful season including 1-2 Po rounds Posted Image

This in bold, With Lou out, Schröder could see serious minutes as a sixth man. His turn overs still bother the hell out of me though.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

It would be awesome, but I doubt it happens because Teague will get the lion's share of minutes at pg in all likelihood. You also have to factor in the new contract the Hawks invested in Teague too. They've got to play him significant minutes. With that said, Dennis may be starting to convince people that he is the "not so distant" future at point guard. The fact that outsiders are saying this and not just some of us squawkers is encouraging.

Edited by Jody23

I would like for Dennis to at least make the Rookie game. Last time that happened was Al. It would mean he is seeing consistent minutes and is effective when he is on the floor. He may not play enough minutes to win but as long as he is mentioned in the weekly Rookie conversations it's a good thing for the Hawks.In certain instances I think both him and Teague will play together for limited minutes if other teams go small or just to change the pace of the game with their speed.

• Moderators

Starting to get some attention which is nice:

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/10/24/pbt-roundtable-who-is-your-league-pass-team-this-season/

PBT Roundtable: Who is your League Pass team this season?

D.J. Foster: The Atlanta Hawks! I’ll be issuing plenty of Teague Pass Alerts this season, because I want to see how the Tony Parker clone plays in a similar offense. Even if Jeff Teague isn’t your bag, though, there’s something here for everyone. Al Horford is one of the smartest bigs in basketball, Paul Millsap has that awkward effectiveness that keeps you guessing, Kyle Korver‘s jumper is perfection and Dennis Schröder is an exciting young ball-hawk (okay, no more bad puns). Watching all the pieces mesh should be a blast.

• Like 2

• Moderators

Has there ever been a ROY that played from the bench? Teague has been healthy all these years for us and I don't think that'll change. Schröder will be good for us, but it'll take a massive performance from the bench to get that. When Lou gets back, that'll all but kill Schröder's chances at getting ROY.

Has there ever been a ROY that played from the bench? Teague has been healthy all these years for us and I don't think that'll change. Schröder will be good for us, but it'll take a massive performance from the bench to get that. When Lou gets back, that'll all but kill Schröder's chances at getting ROY.

I don't think so but there's a 1st time for everything

He will only be on the bench half the year ;) Teague is gone in January.

You do realize Teague cant be traded unless he agrees to it since his offer was matched

Question - Is this true for only the first year or for the life of the contract?

Dennis could possibly get the type of minutes that Devin Harris got last year since Lou is going to be out until the all star break.