• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

#JOSHWATCH

lethalweapon3

Would have liked to see it. I gotta say that if Josh is a beast this year I will be pissed but at the same time happy for him. Josh/Monore is pretty formidable.

I predict Smith will make the Monroe/Drummond combination better and Al will struggle without his alley-oop buddy. Say what you want but those 2 fed off each other and Sap just isn't that type of a player.

• Like 1

• Moderators

Posted Image

You might want to revise that after looking at this chart showing the +/- while they were alone/grouped in different configs.

Wait a second. This is for their one game? So how many minutes, or seconds, was Monroe on the court without Smith or Drummond. I call shenanigans.

• Moderators

JOSHWATCH! JOSHWATCH!

The Wizards must hail from Washington, C. That defense made the Hawks look like the Steel Curtain!

~lw3

Josh's form on his jumper is different and much better imo.

I'm not a huge Gortat fan but he looks absolutely awful in this video.

• Premium Member

This is going to go back and forth all year. Josh had a great debut but as soon as he plays poorly people will be jumping all over that too. We all saw Josh play 9 seasons here in Atlanta, we know how great and how bad he can be.

I hope he has a great season for the Pistons. Even though he pissed us off sometimes he always cared about the Hawks and our city. All that said though, it was time for him to leave and I'm happy I won't be watching him play for my team the next five years.

very antoine walker esque . Him leading the league in 3 point attempts when given the green light doesnt sound so absurd at all.

Just cause he's given green light to shoot 3's doesn't mean he should shoot indiscriminately - he is no Kyle Korver after all, lol. Even the best 3 point shooters wont launch that many.Teams knowing he has the green light will keep giving him the shot to the detriment of his other teammates.

• Moderators

Zoom-zoom! (okay, that's Mazda. sorry, Motor City)

He's got his buddy Brandon Jennings (14 pts, 4 assists, off the bench) back. 0-for-4 from J-Smoove Land, but who cares? Even he can beat what's left of the Celtics with one hand tied around his brain.

~lw3

• Like 1

Question:

Pistons interior passing from the bigs, looks to help with the perceived spacing isssues. Your thoughts?

Answer by Tom Haberstroh (ESPN):

Yeah, except for the whole thing where Josh Smith thinks he's Steph Curry. Not helping the spacing thing.

I think I may enjoy #JoshWatch more than watching the Hawks play this season...Posted Image . I kid of course..Posted Image

Edited by JayBirdHawk

• Premium Member

I think I may enjoy #JoshWatch more than watching the Hawks play this season...Posted Image . I kid of course..Posted Image

Living up in MI makes this so intriguing for me. Obviously we both care about the Hawks more but I'm in the middle of the 'Motown Smoove saga'. It's so funny seeing how excited everyone is to have him as a Piston. I can't wait to see how this unfolds.
  • Like 2

Just 4 games, but his numbers look like vintage Bad Josh:.409 shooting7 three point attempts a game, at 25%, while only taking half as many free throws, at 57%. Brilliant basketball IQ this guy.I know he's playing with Drummond and Monroe, but less than 7 boards a game?Assists, blocks, and steals look good, 5 TOs a game look like, well, Josh.So glad this kid is gone. Thank you Joe Dumars. Outstanding job making every team in the league better except the Pistons since The Summer of Darko.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 2

Question: steppxxxz

thoughts on coaching changes. Disaster in denver. Disaster in Milwaukee. And most interestingly in detroit. Cheeks perhaps not the guy to curb Josh Smith’s worst habits. But Hornacek has been great and obviously Brown in philly. YOur thoughts?

[*]
    Lang Greene

I totally thought Brian Shaw would get off to a better start in Denver, but he’s still adjusting. Not sure what’s going on with Larry Drew in Milwaukee. Specifically, the Larry Sanders situation. Keep an eye on that one. When I saw Maurice Cheeks say he wasn’t curbing Josh Smith’s shot selection I jokingly told someone Smoove is going to take six three-pointers a game … and man, the guy is launching them early and often out there. Lol.

Obviously, Hornacek is doing a great job out there. Surprisingly, Brown out in Philly too. Can they sustain is the question. I expect Denver and Milwaukee will be better than what we’re seeing out there right now.

Read more at http://www.hoopsworld.com/nba-chat-with-lang-greene-11613-2#YSFFD2PgKXQJePLe.99

Edited by JayBirdHawk

Why do people think the Bucks are going to be good? I like LD and all but that team will not make the playoffs. I'm surprised by Cheeks too. Maybe he has a plan. So far, no good.

Mainly because the Bucks have always strived to be an 8th seed when they really should consider tanking. The 8th seed is like their Super Bowl, you just have a feeling that if they aren't good enough now then they'll once again do something dumb like trade for Joe or someone just to make that 8th seed again.

• Moderators

JOSHWATCH! JOSHWATCH!

3-for-7 last night from Smooveland! Hey, Derrick Coleman, your thoughts?

Unfortunately, with the game vs. OKC still down in single digits and about 3 and a half minutes to go, he fouled out and drew a technical on his way to the bench. Drummond also sat for most of the 4th quarter, I can only presume because of foul trouble and not doing much else.

http://www.detroitbadboys.com/2013/11/8/5083102/detroit-pistons-vs-oklahoma-city-thunder-final-score-november-eight-8

Josh Smith scored twenty-five points on twenty shots, which is a drastic improvement over the past three games. He also snagged eight boards and a steal, and he looked to be in control of himself and his game for the most part. Prior to tonights' game, he was fourth in the NBA in turnovers, but in spite of having the ball in his hands a lot tonight, he only committed two. However, with Moose having his way inside all night long, he again should have deferred more often. It's still too early in the season to call this a pattern, but at the moment, it looks like Josh Smith is the center-piece of the Pistons offense, not Greg Monroe. That is very troublesome.

~lw3