• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

#JOSHWATCH

lethalweapon3

• Moderators

Meanwhile JJ scores 29 in one quarter. Seems like the ex-hawks are starting to do things.

Not to rain on JoshJoe's parade....but, haven't we seen this before. He plays inside for like 3-5 shoots lights out for 1-2 games then returns to Jack 'em Josh iso-dribbled-between-my-legs-knocked-ball-off-my-foot-Joe.

I guess only time will tell.

• Like 3

Not to rain on JoshJoe's parade....but, haven't we seen this before. He plays inside for like 3-5 shoots lights out for 1-2 games then returns to Jack 'em Josh iso-dribbled-between-my-legs-knocked-ball-off-my-foot-Joe.

I guess only time will tell.

Haha true but with Dwill back, I think Joe will be more of a spot up shooter.

• Moderators

Nimbaz!

~lw3

Edited by lethalweapon3

Nimbaz!

~lw3

watching his shot attempts on nba.com the only game he was consistently in the paint was that 1 game against portland he shot 76% from the field.

The other 2 games against boston and pacers he still jacked up a bunch of horrible outside shots and jacked up 4 3's in each of those games and shot 44% from the field overall. This guy still doesnt get it.

• 2 weeks later...

Here's another article, fleshing out the sit'iation: http://www.freep.com/article/20131229/SPORTS03/312290115/Vince-Ellis-Pistons-thumped-Smith-calls-benching-unfair-

WASHINGTON — It seems like the Pistons are unable to get through a season without player-coach drama.

And the seemingly annual occurrence is upon us after the Pistons took a 106-82 thumping from the Washington Wizards on Saturday night.

Pistons coachPosted Image Maurice Cheeks benched starting forward Josh Smith for the start of the third quarter for the second time this season and Smith made it clear afterward that he was bothered by it.

“We can talk about the game,” Cheeks said. “The game wasn’t about Josh Smith. The game was we got beat.

“We got beat, we got beat pretty good. It wasn’t because of Josh Smith, it was the overall game. It wasn’t just because of Josh Smith.”

But Smith admitted it’s hard not to feel singled out.

“I mean it’s unfair because as I told you before I play this game hard each and every day,” Smith said. “When I younger I would play this game for free year round. This is what I love to do so why wouldn’t I want to come out here and try to put my best foot forward every time I step out on the court.”

Benching Smith raises eyebrows because he’s the team’s highest paid player and he was one of the best free agents available in the off-season.

“My job is to try and win games,” Cheeks said of Smith’s status. “That’s it, that’s my job, I just try to do the best I can.

“I can’t get into free agent here or free agent there, I can’t get into that. My job is to try and win games.”

Smith was benched at Golden State earlier this season. He was also disciplined and didn’t start a homePosted Image game against the Hawks after he skipped a practice. After a loss at Atlanta, Cheeks hastily called a practice for the next day in Detroit – although it came after a back-to-back. Teams seldom practice in such situations. Smith had planned on remaining in his hometown of Atlanta for the scheduled off day and declined to return to Detroit for the practice – citing his ill father, who didn’t attend the game in Atlanta. Smith was held out of the starting lineup the next game – this time a home contest against the Hawks, although he did play.

Cheeks said he “assumed” Smith will start Monday’s rematch with the Wizards at the Palace.

Smith's stats after last two games not looking so hot ...

Matchup
W/L
MIN
FGM
FGA
FG%
3FGM
3FGA
3FG%
FTM
FTA
FT%
OREB
DREB
REB
AST
STL
BLK
TOV
PF
PTS
+/-
DEC 28, 2013 - DET @ WAS L 18 2 7 28.6% 0 2 0.0% 0 0 0.0% 1 3 4 1 0 0 1 0 4 -18 DEC 27, 2013 - DET @ ORL L 22 2 13 15.4% 0 2 0.0% 1 2 50.0% 1 6 7 1 0 2 1
  • Like 1

• Moderators

Did somebody say scapegoat? Baaaaah!

http://www.mlive.com/pistons/index.ssf/2013/12/maurice_cheeks_vs_josh_smith_p.html

WASHINGTON -- Whatever happened in that locker room Saturday night, the Detroit Pistons left here with their first tangible turmoil of the season.
Josh Smith didn't play the second half of a 106-82 blowout against the Washington Wizards, the second time head coach Maurice Cheeks has made that decision this season.
This time, Smith suggested Cheeks called him out for not playing hard, and that he took "real offense" to the accusation.
Smith also was benched the second half of a Nov. 12 game at Golden State.
"Like I told y'all before when we had this conversation, when you hit adverse times, characters are gonna be tested," Smith said. "It's either that we're gonna come closer together and make it all one team, or are you gonna use a scapegoat to get away from what's really at hand?"

C'mon, Mo! Just turn the other, well, you know...

Asked if Smith will start Monday's home rematch with the Wizards, Cheeks replied, "I assume he will. I don't know why he wouldn't. We'll wait until that next game gets there."
Smith said he isn't inclined to have a personal discussion with Cheeks about their disagreement before the next game.
"To me, it's over with," Smith said. "But you know, some people hold grudges longer than others. I don't know. I don't know. I'm not saying that he (Cheeks) does. I don't know.
"But I'm not the type of person that really likes to go all the time in the coach's office and have one-on-one sitdowns. I'm more of a team morale guy, worrying about what we can do, as far as teammates are concerned, to make ourselves more successful."

~lw3

Edited by lethalweapon3

Can we all just agree that you just have to sometimes call a guy what he is and stop making excuses? Plain and simple....Josh is a headcase and uncoachable. Surely his defenders here cannot still be talking him up. I can't be more proud with how DF had the balls to gut this team and remove two of the major problems. And to think we are paying a guy almost half as much who is clearly a much better teammate and more reliable player all around.

• Like 1

Piston Fans want to trade him for an expiring!

Josh Smith has attempted 496 shots this year.
Greg Monroe has attempted 381.

Josh has attempted 115 more shots than Greg Monroe this year. It has produced a grand total of 21 more points than Greg Monroe.

In other words, **** Josh Smith. Get this walking cancer a million miles away from this team before it completely kills my love for the Pistons. - See more at: http://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=1294114#sthash.WdAykvln.dpuf

Piston Fans want to trade him for an expiring!

Josh Smith has attempted 496 shots this year.

Greg Monroe has attempted 381.

Josh has attempted 115 more shots than Greg Monroe this year. It has produced a grand total of 21 more points than Greg Monroe.

In other words, **** Josh Smith. Get this walking cancer a million miles away from this team before it completely kills my love for the Pistons. - See more at: http://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=1294114#sthash.WdAykvln.dpuf

Wow that is terrible lol

but but but he just needs a a coach that will discipline him! He has been benched 3 times so far and has been called out by the coach and NOTHING has changed. I dont wanna hear anymore excuses for this guy. NONE. This guy is a headcase and its his fault that he has never played up to his potential.

Smh and there were tons of people on here that wanted him back even for big money.

• Like 1

but but but he just needs a a coach that will discipline him! He has been benched 3 times so far and has been called out by the coach and NOTHING has changed. I dont wanna hear anymore excuses for this guy. NONE. This guy is a headcase and its his fault that he has never played up to his potential.

Smh and there were tons of people on here that wanted him back even for big money.

I really hope they are not really Hawks fans