• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Teague and Schröder

jmac54

I'm really skeptical that he's gained 14 pounds of muscle as that's A LOT in such a short period of time. But that would definitely affect his quickness and comfort level with his body. The kid will be fine, everyone just needs to give him the time he needs.

• Like 1

I'm really skeptical that he's gained 14 pounds of muscle as that's A LOT in such a short period of time. But that would definitely affect his quickness and comfort level with his body. The kid will be fine, everyone just needs to give him the time he needs.

True. I just hope his minutes don't get cut. I'm so sick of that

True. I just hope his minutes don't get cut. I'm so sick of that

I think he needs a consistent 10-12 minutes per game this year and a little increase to about 14-16 next year. That should give him enough time to adjust to the speed of the game and work on his shooting and decision making while not taking away with Teague, who is still developing in his own right. I have trust in Bud that he's going to develop his young guys and we can finally stop seeing them rot on the bench. If LD or Woody were still coach we'd be seeing Mack taking these minutes instead of Dennis getting the minutes he needs.

I was thinking the same when thinking about Jeff's shooting, but Dennis couldn't hit the broad side of a barn during summer league before he put on weight. His shooting form is just hideous

Shooting off the dribble always was his main weakness, but he had a 51% 3 point shot in Germany, which where mostly catch and shoot 3's admittedly and not all to many, but overall also had a very decent FG%. But him being a great shooter is not really the issue. What he needs is being enough of a treath to have options and make defenders hesitate.

And I think they got on the training-program during the summer-league already.

Edited by DS17Fanboy

Shooting off the dribble always was his main weakness, but he had a 51% 3 point shot in Germany, which where mostly catch and shoot 3's admittedly and not all to many, but overall also had a very decent FG%. But him being a great shooter is not really the issue. What he needs is being enough of a treath to have options and make defenders hesitate.

And I think they got on the training-program during the summer-league already.

that was in Germany man. Not happening in the NBA. They can actually play over here lol. His form is atrocious, he needs to fix that before he even thinks about being a threat from the perimeter

The point is he can shoot baskets in certain type of situations when he has the confidence and that he needs a shot of some sort to have a needed variation to be less predictable etc. He wont ever be a big treath from the perimeter, but as of now the one dimensionality is deadly to his game et all.

Other players in Germany, which for 1/3 or so are Americans and quite a sum have some NBA history also dont have that high of a 3 point %.

It could be an asset when adjusted to this much better league. But again he's in the works ATM.

Edited by DS17Fanboy

How quickly people forget how bad Teague was when he first got here.  I say this only to say that we need to stop with the expectations for Schröder this year.  He's got an uphill battle but he's got the tools to get there. 

Schröder's Rookie Season

Teague's Rookie Season

• Like 2

• Premium Member

I'm with you on that. No way he's put on 14 pounds of muscle in that short of period. That's unrealistic.
  • Like 1

His shooting form is not "atrocious". Cwell clearly has an agenda against Dennis and his laughable posts are only proving it further.

Sometimes it does, he's just very inconsistent. Teague's had one of the ugliest 3pt shots in the league and he's never been much of a jumpshooter from outside of the paint but he gets it done. Even in the game last night Philly announcers were encouraging Teague to shoot 3's and saying how poor he is. I don't agree with that, I just think he's got an odd looking stroke but it works well enough. With Schröder he's just got to work on his mechanics and take as many shots per day repeating that stroke as he can because sometimes he looks great shooting. I think it was the Dallas game that he airballed the first three attempt and we immediately had the ball back and he swished a three. That's just what we've got to deal with for a while with him. He's never going to be Korver but I believe he can be more than serviceable.

• Like 1

I'm with you on that. No way he's put on 14 pounds of muscle in that short of period. That's unrealistic.

Even Josh didn't put on 14 lbs of fat that quickly after getting married!

Schröder is listed on ESPN as being 168 I think, which may be generous. If that's with the weight gain or even without it that's a ridiculous percentage of mass added in a short time and unless he's mainlining pure testosterone I can't see that.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Sometimes it does, he's just very inconsistent. Teague's had one of the ugliest 3pt shots in the league and he's never been much of a jumpshooter from outside of the paint but he gets it done. Even in the game last night Philly announcers were encouraging Teague to shoot 3's and saying how poor he is. I don't agree with that, I just think he's got an odd looking stroke but it works well enough. With Schröder he's just got to work on his mechanics and take as many shots per day repeating that stroke as he can because sometimes he looks great shooting. I think it was the Dallas game that he airballed the first three attempt and we immediately had the ball back and he swished a three. That's just what we've got to deal with for a while with him. He's never going to be Korver but I believe he can be more than serviceable.

That's not his actual form that is causing the problem though. When I think of "atrocious" shooting forms then I think of Josh Childress and that forward from the Bobcats, Kidd Gilchrist. THAT is an atrocious shooting form. Dennis has a relatively straight forward shot, not saying it is the best shooting form in the world but the form is mechanically sound. He just misses.

• Premium Member

You could definitely put up way more than 14 pounds of muscle in a few months but you would have to be using hgh and some kind of steroid cycling to do it. It is possible that Dennis has a higher than average level of testosterone that would enable him to put on muscle faster than normal but he's not doing 14 pounds without outside help.

That's not his actual form that is causing the problem though. When I think of "atrocious" shooting forms then I think of Josh Childress and that forward from the Bobcats, Kidd Gilchrist. THAT is an atrocious shooting form. Dennis has a relatively straight forward shot, not saying it is the best shooting form in the world but the form is mechanically sound. He just misses.

It's not atrocious in that it doesn't look ugly but he throws that elbow out or launches the ball from different places and that is the problem. It can be fixed though I'm not worried about that.

Remember when Teague was a youngster and couldn't make layups in the paint as they'd be blocked or he'd miss? Now he's pretty much automatic on those and rarely gets them altered. Schröder is arleady ahead of where Teague was at that type of shot as a rookie.

His shooting form is not "atrocious". Cwell clearly has an agenda against Dennis and his laughable posts are only proving it further.

Yet u wrote this

Look below

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IuUykxZ2XPo

Jeff Teague has never, ever, ever in his career looked this good nor will he ever. Dennis is already light years ahead of him. You can't disguise pure floor generals.

U know what u look like???????

And Dolfan u using stats from when Teague 1st got here is PURE ABSOLUTE NONSENSE. Just look at the lil convo me and benhillboy had earlier to see what I mean

He damn sure does. He gets stuck under the rim with multiple defenders towering over him, and it's certainly not a good look late in the clock. I always thought he'd come into his own after the ASB. I never thought someone would make Mack look like a considerably better option, but a puny rookie with no shot certainly has. I'm totally confident he'll get there though. No one saw Teague improving every year to what he is today. Well, I will big Diesel up, he was driving that Teague wagon all summer. He made up for his Joe Johnson infatuation.

Naw bruh Jeff's situation was ENTIRELY different than Dennis'

It's pretty much been confirmed that Woody, LD, and Josh were all hindering any type of growth/development from Jeff. They were to blame not becuz Jeff was playing bad or anything. He had to deal with 3 clowns

Dennis doesn't have that excuse

True dat. Don't forget Iso Joe dribbling a hole in the floor for his patented needless fade away. Teague's stock in the league at this second is higher than all 4 of those people responsible for retarding his development.

So stop it. U, me, and everyone on this entire forum knows Jeff had to deal with MANY outside forces derailing him and stunting his growth. Dennis has none of the obstacles that Jeff had when he 1st got here

Edited by Bonkers
  • Like 1

And Dolfan u using stats from when Teague 1st got here is PURE ABSOLUTE NONSENSE. Just look at the lil convo me and benhillboy had earlier to see what I mean

So stop it. U, me, and everyone on this entire forum knows Jeff had to deal with MANY outside forces derailing him and stunting his growth. Dennis has none of the obstacles that Jeff had when he 1st got here

Err me using rookie stats vs rookie stats is nonsense? Ummkay at best that logic is Bonkers. Was Teague playing in a league where he's got to rely on his 2nd language to be able to play? Was Teague playing in a completely different style of play his rookie year?

I'm not saying Teague didn't have obstacles but look at his minutes in his first ten games and take off the rose colored glasses and you'll see he was getting PT so let's not act like he was getting screwed over.

Err me using rookie stats vs rookie stats is nonsense? Ummkay at best that logic is Bonkers. Was Teague playing in a league where he's got to rely on his 2nd language to be able to play? Was Teague playing in a completely different style of play his rookie year?

I'm not saying Teague didn't have obstacles but look at his minutes in his first ten games and take off the rose colored glasses and you'll see he was getting PT so let's not act like he was getting screwed over.

Ess Em Aych

No, you stop. You can only compare Teague's rookie season to the 9 games that Dennis has played.Additionally you cannot blame all the 'obstacles' on Jeff not producing his rookie year. Some of that fell to Tesgue himself because you guessed it -HE WAS A ROOKIE. Same as Dennis.I'm pleased and excited about what Teague has shown do far, part of that is attributed to who is no longer here, new coach, new system and Tesgues growth and progess as a player. It is his 4th season so this should be the natural progression.Dennis will get there.

SMH It's not just about Jeff getting minutes When he was on the floor he could hardly do anything becuz of Josh and Joe, not to mention Woody's horrible Iso offense that didn't have any movement

You cannot blame everybody else and not Jeff for his shortcomings. he could get in the lane with ease but he sucked at finishing. He missed so many floaters. The slightest bump and he couldn't finish at the rim.Maturing and adding muscle now allows him to take the contact and finish. Edited by JayBirdHawk