• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Teague and Schröder

jmac54

No im not a Raptors fan....and LOL @ Memphis getting better without Rudy Gay....uhh thats super incorrect....if anything trading Rudy Gay is what seperated the Grizz from winning the West Last Season....they relied on Quincy Pondexter at SF...if they had Rudy they would have had that offensive guy to go to to get you the buckets and they would have won that series,,,,hands down...to say Rudy is terrible on both ends is also incorrect...he is a good option on offense...and in Atlanta he wouldnt have to carry the Load....thats what Milsap and Horford can do as well as Lou-Will. Were not Getting Lebron, Were not getting Melo, Were not getting Durant and were not getting any other All Star in the forseeable future....and building through the draft doesnt work anymore....its called opening up the wallet and getting the best players available each and every season to get yourself in the playoffs. And were also not tanking so we have to get the best possible players on the block. Teague has to go...Schröder is the future...throw him into the fire and let him learn the NBA game ASAP...lets not wait wait wait for another 4 years....thats stupid....because by then Milsap and Horford may be gone and you find yourself building again and again and again. POINTLESS

• Premium Member

"The Dennis" will be an average point guard at best throughout his career. Yes..he is quick...but he lacks passing skills due to playing with inferior competition in his younger days. He basically "hands the ball off" and has nothing like the court awareness of a guy like CP3.

I hope I am wrong but I don't expect him to be much more than a "flash in the pan"...he isn't a great shooter and he is too light to go against a team that plays rough defense. He will hang around the league for 4/5 years and then go back to Europe where the competition is softer.

(JMHO)

This is one of the dumbest posts I've ever seen on this board. You literally have never seen Dennis play at all if you think he lacks passing skills. I don't even need to touch the rest of what you wrote because you clearly have never seen him play.

You have to remember that Rondo was pretty much on the court to pass the ball to 3 future hall of famers. He didn't have the free reign that Schröder has on a semi-rebuilding team. It's also way too early to say who is better at this point in their careers..The thing is we have two point guards that are getting better. It's dumb to trade either now because their value will continue to increase.

Ray Allen and Kevin Garnett weren't on the Celtics until Rondo's second year.

Teague has taken his game to a completely new level so far this year though, I don't see a reason why we should be trading him any time soon. He's clearly been getting assists with a consistency he's never had before. I'm really optimistic about him playing to a new level this season.

• Like 1

No im not a Raptors fan....and LOL @ Memphis getting better without Rudy Gay....uhh thats super incorrect....if anything trading Rudy Gay is what seperated the Grizz from winning the West Last Season....they relied on Quincy Pondexter at SF...if they had Rudy they would have had that offensive guy to go to to get you the buckets and they would have won that series,,,,hands down...to say Rudy is terrible on both ends is also incorrect...he is a good option on offense...and in Atlanta he wouldnt have to carry the Load....thats what Milsap and Horford can do as well as Lou-Will. Were not Getting Lebron, Were not getting Melo, Were not getting Durant and were not getting any other All Star in the forseeable future....and building through the draft doesnt work anymore....its called opening up the wallet and getting the best players available each and every season to get yourself in the playoffs. And were also not tanking so we have to get the best possible players on the block. Teague has to go...Schröder is the future...throw him into the fire and let him learn the NBA game ASAP...lets not wait wait wait for another 4 years....thats stupid....because by then Milsap and Horford may be gone and you find yourself building again and again and again. POINTLESS

Oh shit!....where do I start! There's too much wrong with this....smh....first off I apologize you are entitled to your own decisions but hear me out...-first off Rudy gay...when's the last time you watched the nba? When gay was hurt the year grizz really started making noise they played great without gay....the next year when they made the playoffs with gay everybody noticed that they weren't the same type of aggressive team...then when they got rid of gay they made the western conference finals against a great spurs team!....now that should end any I want Rudy gay shit that may come to your head! Gay ain't been the same in 3 years guy!-you said "it's called opening up the wallet"...oh goodness my dude where have you been! Last off season the Atlanta hawks had the most cap space to sign both chris Paul and Dwight Howard. Boston screwed us over on Paul and Howard wouldn't have come here if we gave his ass all the cap! He didn't want to be here. If you ain't got it yet...stars don't come here to play in Atlanta and you can thank the asg for that but with the recent ferry hire we are in way better condition!-now stay with me cause I know you're a bit upset but understand this....when Johnson, smith, Marvin, Jamal etc. was in this team yes hawk fans had the right to be expecting championship just because the stupid ass amount of money the asg was giving these guys as if they were actually legit threats to win a ring! BUT NOW ferry has given us a team that plays with heart, effort, hustle every game that can get us or keep us in the same position!.....you know what the best part about is?....ferry didn't overspend to do it and he has trading pieces on great contracts all over the place so if the right deal comes along..trust me ferry has already made the moves to make the trade happen....Do you even know what's going on with your hawks?Your complaints are complaints for the joe Johnson era not this team. This team is doing great and getting paid what their worth.-one last thing please please please stop the Dennis future shit. I like Dennis too and I hope he does become our star but if you think we should drop Teague after all this good play that's insane thinking.YOUR ARGUMENTS ARE POINTLESS...
  • Like 2

• Premium Member

Teague has taken his game to a completely new level so far this year though, I don't see a reason why we should be trading him any time soon. He's clearly been getting assists with a consistency he's never had before. I'm really optimistic about him playing to a new level this season.

The more Teague plays like this and the more Dennis develops it means we have an abundance at point which is rare. It also means should we decide to move one for a superstar or some other deal then it makes a better deal in terms of rewards for us. It is like a win/win no matter how you want to look at it.

• Premium Member

This is one of the dumbest posts I've ever seen on this board. You literally have never seen Dennis play at all if you think he lacks passing skills. I don't even need to touch the rest of what you wrote because you clearly have never seen him play.

His post was on par with all of his previous post so I wasn't surprised about anything he wrote! LOL!

• Like 1

Oh shit!....where do I start! There's too much wrong with this....smh....first off I apologize you are entitled to your own decisions but hear me out...-first off Rudy gay...when's the last time you watched the nba? When gay was hurt the year grizz really started making noise they played great without gay....the next year when they made the playoffs with gay everybody noticed that they weren't the same type of aggressive team...then when they got rid of gay they made the western conference finals against a great spurs team!....now that should end any I want Rudy gay shit that may come to your head! Gay ain't been the same in 3 years guy!-you said "it's called opening up the wallet"...oh goodness my dude where have you been! Last off season the Atlanta hawks had the most cap space to sign both chris Paul and Dwight Howard. Boston screwed us over on Paul and Howard wouldn't have come here if we gave his ass all the cap! He didn't want to be here. If you ain't got it yet...stars don't come here to play in Atlanta and you can thank the asg for that but with the recent ferry hire we are in way better condition!-now stay with me cause I know you're a bit upset but understand this....when Johnson, smith, Marvin, Jamal etc. was in this team yes hawk fans had the right to be expecting championship just because the stupid ass amount of money the asg was giving these guys as if they were actually legit threats to win a ring! BUT NOW ferry has given us a team that plays with heart, effort, hustle every game that can get us or keep us in the same position!.....you know what the best part about is?....ferry didn't overspend to do it and he has trading pieces on great contracts all over the place so if the right deal comes along..trust me ferry has already made the moves to make the trade happen....Do you even know what's going on with your hawks?Your complaints are complaints for the joe Johnson era not this team. This team is doing great and getting paid what their worth.-one last thing please please please stop the Dennis future shit. I like Dennis too and I hope he does become our star but if you think we should drop Teague after all this good play that's insane thinking.YOUR ARGUMENTS ARE POINTLESS...

Ok so they are being paid to be a mediocre .500 team that isnt good enough to tank right now...but isnt good enough to win?

Your happy with that? Are you even a Hawks Fan? Your happy with mediocrity?And please.....since we are severely lacking at Small Forward...and since Durant nor Melo will ever be Atlanta Hawks.....can you give me a better option at SF then Rudy Gay? What if Teague gets hurt this season or his production drops and never gets this high again? Why draft Denis 17th overall just to watch him play 18 minutes a game? Denis is our future bud...theres no doubt about this.....you dont draft somebody in the first round for them not to be your future...Ferry screwed up on the Teague signing...theres no need to sign him for 4 years at 32 million and then draft a guy that is going to be taking over the reins in a couple of seasons....why didnt we just draft the best available SF? it clearly was our glaring weakness....you guys can hate Rudy all you want...and since im Canadian i see him play all the time on TV here...but if we had a player like him in the lineup were most likely 4-1 or 5-0 right now....not 2-3....then again...unless your happy with being .500

Ok so they are being paid to be a mediocre .500 team that isnt good enough to tank right now...but isnt good enough to win?

Your happy with that? Are you even a Hawks Fan? Your happy with mediocrity?And please.....since we are severely lacking at Small Forward...and since Durant nor Melo will ever be Atlanta Hawks.....can you give me a better option at SF then Rudy Gay? What if Teague gets hurt this season or his production drops and never gets this high again? Why draft Denis 17th overall just to watch him play 18 minutes a game? Denis is our future bud...theres no doubt about this.....you dont draft somebody in the first round for them not to be your future...Ferry screwed up on the Teague signing...theres no need to sign him for 4 years at 32 million and then draft a guy that is going to be taking over the reins in a couple of seasons....why didnt we just draft the best available SF? it clearly was our glaring weakness....you guys can hate Rudy all you want...and since im Canadian i see him play all the time on TV here...but if we had a player like him in the lineup were most likely 4-1 or 5-0 right now....not 2-3....then again...unless your happy with being .500

1. Schröder was drafted before re-signing Teague. We had nothing on the roster. Ferry had no idea what kind of offer Teague would get in RFA (if it was for crazy $$$$ he would have let him walk) so drafting a PG was a good move.

2. You said in FUTURE, meaning to come - right now until Dennis surplants Teague based on Bud's evaluation he will get his 18 minutes per game. Deal with it. If Dennis is taking over the reigns in a couple of seasons then having Teague is the right choice.

3. Teague was a RFA, so Ferry could have matched the deal that Milwaukee offered, do a SnT or let him walk for NOTHING. He choose to keep him as opposed to taking the crap Bucks might offer (Brandon Jennings) or get nothing.

4. Rudy Gay is making too much money $17 mil/$19mil for the Hawks to take on without giving up multiple players just to make salaries work - We will not gut the team for Rudy. It would be like we kept Joe.

5. Rudy stll sucks (not really) but you can keep enjoying him in Toronto.Posted Image

Ok so they are being paid to be a mediocre .500 team that isnt good enough to tank right now...but isnt good enough to win? Your happy with that? Are you even a Hawks Fan? Your happy with mediocrity?And please.....since we are severely lacking at Small Forward...and since Durant nor Melo will ever be Atlanta Hawks.....can you give me a better option at SF then Rudy Gay? What if Teague gets hurt this season or his production drops and never gets this high again? Why draft Denis 17th overall just to watch him play 18 minutes a game? Denis is our future bud...theres no doubt about this.....you dont draft somebody in the first round for them not to be your future...Ferry screwed up on the Teague signing...theres no need to sign him for 4 years at 32 million and then draft a guy that is going to be taking over the reins in a couple of seasons....why didnt we just draft the best available SF? it clearly was our glaring weakness....you guys can hate Rudy all you want...and since im Canadian i see him play all the time on TV here...but if we had a player like him in the lineup were most likely 4-1 or 5-0 right now....not 2-3....then again...unless your happy with being .500

Lol I already broke it down to you once I'm not going to do it again. Look man Rudy gay isn't on a good contract like Teague is so that argument is meaningless...and Rudy gay isn't even as productive as Teague how can not see that. How is it that your putting a rookie in Teagues place when clearly he isn't ready yet, he's still learning.Yeah your right that SF is our position of need but lebron, melo, Rudy ain't the only SFs in the league. If ferry could get Rudy gay for about 9 mil I would say great but he's isn't coming that cheap and he isn't as good as he once was.Oh and no I'm not accepting mediocre play or happy when the hawks lose but I'm not going to be super upset like I would have been in the Johnson era. This is my view if we were paying this current group star money like the Johnson era team than I would expect more but really ferry is just trying to see who he can possibly keep and build on too or trade to get a lot better.If you still don't get that all I'm saying is that it's easy to accept these loses because I know we will still make the playoffs and we are heading in a better direction with a team on good contracts....you can build to that you couldn't do that in the Johnson era my friend.

Ok...you guys are right....cause you guys seem to know everything about PER and contracts and everything else....like contracts matter anymore....other teams are going for broke and will continue to do so until they win a title.... and PER is not really meaningful if your on the right team.......I love my Hawks but why are people so sure that there gunna be in the playoffs? When theyve lost to two terrible teams in Denver and L.A.?...What makes you think there gunna be able to beat a Washington? or a Toronto? or a Detroit? because Chicago, Miami, Brooklyn, New York, Indiana are all for sure....what makes you think we can beat Cleveland? This roster isnt a sure fire playoff roster.....im still waiting to hear about these so called "other options" we can get at SF....i mean maybe Evan Turner? Deng? We are really gunna find out who we are tommorow vs Orlando and then Charlotte on Monday...will see if we play down to the competition because we should handle these teams with absolute ease if thats what you guys think of our roster

I think Dennis is getting a really good shot and very substantial minutes in what will surely be a great opportunity for him to make his way in the NBA. He's got a coach willing to work with him and give him playing time. (Remember how much time Teague got before Hinrich got hurt? Next to nothing.) He's 2nd behind a polar opposite PG, so he can both learn from Teague (ballhandling in traffic and when double-teamed, how to better control the ball when driving in the lane, etc.) and help Teague get better in terms of court vision, speed changes, etc. We're really solid at PG since if one team is killing us we can switch styles completely, and mix it up even more by having them on the floor at the same time.

I think it would be a mistake to dump Teague now. We're just now starting to see what he can do when he's actually perceived by most everyone as the leader of the team. In previous years it was Joe, JBrick, & Co. Sure his value may be somewhat high, but the ®FA market dictated that his value was only abotu $8M/yr, and I personally think he's giving us as much as or more than what we ever could realistically ask of him. Through five games he's averaging nearly 17.5 ppg and over 9 assists. In fact, he's had nine or more assists in every game but one, and that was against LAL when he dropped to four (but had 6 rebounds, which isn't shabby for a PG). $8M/yr is pretty cheap for those kinds of numbers, especially locked in over the next four years. I think he's still got room to get better and is getting more consistent and aggressive like we all wanted. Plus having two really different and solid PGs makes us a pretty tough team to handle at that spot for the full 48 minutes.

Do we have holes to fill? Sure. But I don't know that Rudy Gay is the right option at all, especially on his contract and if it means we have to give up our starting PG.

Do people really wanna make the playoffs this year?

Edited by jy23
  • Like 1

Its not Teague vs Schröder. Its Teague and Schröder. There is nothing wrong with having Teague ( who is playing lights out better than Jennings or Jrue right now ) and Schröder as our back up. Now we just need a SG/SF type who can score and guard their position. Not one ( score ) or the other ( guard ).

Edited by Buzzard
  • Like 1