• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Teague and Schröder

jmac54

• Premium Member

So if Teague didn't fit Woody's offense and Dennis doesn't fif this offense - what does that mean. Half dozen of one and 6 of the other - that would be similar circumstances.So if Teague got benched for making mistakes and Dennis got benched for mistakes. Sure sounds similar to me.NINE GAMES Dennis has played - it has taken Teague 4 years to be this version of himself for 9 games. Wether it's the system, coaches, who's not here and Teague's natural development, it's a good thing the Hawks didn't dump him after his 1st 9 games. It took Teague time to get here, at least afford Dennis half a season (lol) before you throw the baby out with the bath water.

Well, it was different problems. Teague could always score. Teague had a Turnover problem.

Rarely do you find a guy coming into the league who is a poor scorer going to the basket becoming a better scorer. JUst like Diaw... unselfish to a fault. I guess they used electroshock therapy to help him be a little better at scoring in San An.. but he still does dumb stuff witht he ball sometimes.

Well, it was different problems. Teague could always score. Teague had a Turnover problem.Rarely do you find a guy coming into the league who is a poor scorer going to the basket becoming a better scorer. JUst like Diaw... unselfish to a fault. I guess they used electroshock therapy to help him be a little better at scoring in San An.. but he still does dumb stuff witht he ball sometimes.

C'mon man - Teague was a scorer? Teague got to the rim with ease and couldn't finish worth a lick. His floater used to be hot garbage. Now look at him. His 3 ball was ok his midrange was non-existent. Now look at him and that is why he is getting difficult to guard because on the PnP in lieu of forcing the issue in the paint he can pull up in the midrange (TP had the same issue his 1st years). I'm glad you said Teague had a turnover problem because that is the same issue with Dennis.

You, Supes, and a few other people jumping the gun hard on Dennis and putting Teague way down in the process probably has a lot to do with people now being overly critical of the young rookie.

I'm thrilled that we have two young PGs to be excited about after being starved at that position for so long.

I really haven't changed my opinion on Dennis. Jeff is the one that has earned more merit with me.

• Like 2

C'mon man - Teague was a scorer? Teague got to the rim with ease and couldn't finish worth a lick. His floater used to be hot garbage. Now look at him. His 3 ball was ok his midrange was non-existent. Now look at him and that is why he is getting difficult to guard because on the PnP in lieu of forcing the issue in the paint he can pull up in the midrange (TP had the same issue his 1st years).I'm glad you said Teague had a turnover problem because that is the same issue with Dennis.

Teague was a score first PG in HS and college. It takes a good season to adjust to the NBA for most rooks; especially PGs who have to see the whole court vs bigs who stand in the paint and grab boards. This is why most scouting boards you go to always say rebounds are the easiest thing to see transferring from the college level to the pros.

The speed of the game does not impact rebounding as much as scoring and passing. Scoring as in Jeff's case and passing as in Schröder's case are the hardest to forecast into the pro level.

Edited by Buzzard

Hello to everyone here,

I`m a German (as you will see on my nickname ;)) and I am really interested in the development of Dennis Schröder in the NBA. I am a Dallas Fan (because of Dirk N.) and me and many other german NBA fans would be very happy if another German could make a career in the NBA. I can´t watch many games because usually NBA games are at 3:30 AM (or sth around that) here in Germany-time.

I just heard that Dennis did well in the Summer League and also had a good Pre-Season and many minutes in the first RS games of the Hawks.

But now I saw that Dennis dindn´t played the last games and ain`t no minutes. Now I would like to hear from you Hawks Fans why Dennis didn´t get any minutes.

Isn´t he good enough to play NBA? Or is it because of Shelvin Mack, who is a better Teague-Backup than Dennis? Or is it because of Mike Budenholzer`s play idea isn´t compatible with Dennis` style?

It would be very nice to get some answers from you to this questions.

Posted Image

I am sorry of my English ;)

Greets from Germany

• Like 1

Hello to everyone here,

I`m a German (as you will see on my nickname Posted Image) and I am really interested in the development of Dennis Schröder in the NBA. I am a Dallas Fan (because of Dirk N.) and me and many other german NBA fans would be very happy if another German could make a career in the NBA. I can´t watch many games because usually NBA games are at 3:30 AM (or sth around that) here in Germany-time.

I just heard that Dennis did well in the Summer League and also had a good Pre-Season and many minutes in the first RS games of the Hawks.

But now I saw that Dennis dindn´t played the last games and ain`t no minutes. Now I would like to hear from you Hawks Fans why Dennis didn´t get any minutes.

Isn´t he good enough to play NBA? Or is it because of Shelvin Mack, who is a better Teague-Backup than Dennis? Or is it because of Mike Budenholzer`s play idea isn´t compatible with Dennis` style?

Posted Image

I am sorry of my English Posted Image

Greets from Germany

A mix of getting suspended, having some flaws that led to him having negative impact on the court and needed to fix some flaws in practice. He should be fine in the long run but they are developing Dennis.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Thanks for your response.

So you think Dennis can make it in the NBA? Can he get the starting spot one day? I know Teague plays a great season but it seems to me he wants to leave Atlanta and get a new challenge.

There are several fans here that think Dennis is a true wunderkind. I personally feel if he is given the minutes he will progress into an elite point guard in the NBA. He has elite court vision and passing skills. He needs to improve his shooting and his confidence in making open shots and layups.

• Like 1

Thanks for your response. So you think Dennis can make it in the NBA? Can he get the starting spot one day? I know Teague plays a great season but it seems to me he wants to leave Atlanta and get a new challenge.

Teague is resigned for the next four years. With such a great start to his season, new coach and system this is Teague's new challenge. He won't be going anywhere anytime soon unless the hawks are given an offer they can't refuse.Dennis did well in summer league and played consistent minutes the first few games of the seasons until he got suspended (Knut punch).Since coming back he has been pressing - too many unforced turnovers and too reluctant too shoot. Teams played him for the pass since he wouldn't (can't) shoot.From all accounts he works hard in practice, before games and watches a lot of film. I am of the opinion that he will do well it well just take him sometime.Mack is nothing spectacular but it seems he has taken Dennis' spot at the moment. He runs the team to some degree the way that Coach Bud wants and most importantly he can shoot some and does not turn the ball over. Until Dennis understands the value of the basketball he will not see much playing time - at least for now.

• Premium Member

Teague is resigned for the next four years. With such a great start to his season, new coach and system this is Teague's new challenge. He won't be going anywhere anytime soon unless the hawks are given an offer they can't refuse.Dennis did well in summer league and played consistent minutes the first few games of the seasons until he got suspended (Knut punch).Since coming back he has been pressing - too many unforced turnovers and too reluctant too shoot. Teams played him for the pass since he wouldn't (can't) shoot.From all accounts he works hard in practice, before games and watches a lot of film. I am of the opinion that he will do well it well just take him sometime.Mack is nothing spectacular but it seems he has taken Dennis' spot at the moment. He runs the team to some degree the way that Coach Bud wants and most importantly he can shoot some and does not turn the ball over. Until Dennis understands the value of the basketball he will not see much playing time - at least for now.

He's thrown some passes that would have gotten me benched in my middle school team back in the day. His shooting has been worse. Dennis got a lot of hype in the off season but he is raw. Probably needs a couple of years before he can become a good player for us.

• Like 1

I am still very excited about Dennis' long-term prospects with this team. He is going to be a very good player. Let's give it some time.

I hope he turns out to be a good player. But that kid has some significant red flags about his game, mainly the shooting and the turnovers. Even his defensive reputation hasn't translated over to NBA level PGs yet. And that was the one thing I wasn't particularly worried about. But he's looked hella suspect on defense.
  • Like 1

He's thrown some passes that would have gotten me benched in my middle school team back in the day. His shooting has been worse. Dennis got a lot of hype in the off season but he is raw. Probably needs a couple of years before he can become a good player for us.

He can become a good player for us this season. He just needs to work on his flaws.

I hope he turns out to be a good player. But that kid has some significant red flags about his game, mainly the shooting and the turnovers. Even his defensive reputation hasn't translated over to NBA level PGs yet. And that was the one thing I wasn't particularly worried about. But he's looked hella suspect on defense.

He looked great defense with Bebe protecting the rim but without Bebe or any rim protector, he can't defend they way he wants. We see the same with Jeff as well who was a good defender last year but sucks at it this year.

• Premium Member

Hello to everyone here,

I`m a German (as you will see on my nickname Posted Image) and I am really interested in the development of Dennis Schröder in the NBA. I am a Dallas Fan (because of Dirk N.) and me and many other german NBA fans would be very happy if another German could make a career in the NBA. I can´t watch many games because usually NBA games are at 3:30 AM (or sth around that) here in Germany-time.

Posted Image

I am sorry of my English Posted Image

Greets from Germany

I forgot the most important thing:

Welcome to Hawksquawk! I hope you stick around and post.

• Like 2

Yep. Welcome to Hawksquawk!

You will find as many different opinions on any different topics as there

are posters here.

Feel free to share your thoughts with us. Some of us will surely disagree!

• Like 2

• Premium Member

Agreed, His lack of playing time has nothing to do with his suspension or Shelvin Mack