• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Net Watch - Atlanta's Right To Swap 1st Round Picks With Brooklyn

coachx

• Moderators

Yeah I saw that but I think he's going to play. The El Cunado's need him to play!

Maybe I should trade him huh?

Honestly Dolf, if somebody were to guarantee the Hawks getting a top 4 pick in the 2014 draft, I'd trade you Lillard for Deron right now.

• Moderators

Welllllll.... shit. But Kidd is still a shit coach and every team goes through winning and losing stretches... So the Nets are expected to string together 3 wins every once in a while. They'll start losing again, I'm sure of it. They're still 8 games under .500 and they have some tough games on the schedule within the next 15 games (GS, Miami, OKC, Indy, New York, Atlanta in London, @ Boston, @ Detroit, Dallas, SA). They'll start losing again. I'd be surprised if Brooklyn starts winning gangbusters here in the second half of the season.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Welllllll.... shit. But Kidd is still a shit coach and every team goes through winning and losing stretches... So the Nets are expected to string together 3 wins every once in a while. They'll start losing again, I'm sure of it. They're still 8 games under .500 and they have some tough games on the schedule within the next 15 games (GS, Miami, OKC, Indy, New York, Atlanta in London, @ Boston, @ Detroit, Dallas, SA). They'll start losing again. I'd be surprised if Brooklyn starts winning gangbusters here in the second half of the season.

Only thing is we'll be losing too.

• Premium Member

I agree that Brooklyn is still terrible. The fact that we couldn't beat them tonight without Deron gives me reason for concern. Are we better than the Nets right now? If not, do we just tank the season? I was stoked at the prospect of making the Playoffs AND getting a lottery pick. Now I'm not so sure both of those things can happen anymore. It appears the draft vulture will go hungry in 2014.

• Moderators

I agree that Brooklyn is still terrible. The fact that we couldn't beat them tonight without Deron gives me reason for concern. Are we better than the Nets right now? If not, do we just tank the season? I was stoked at the prospect of making the Playoffs AND getting a lottery pick. Now I'm not so sure both of those things can happen anymore. It appears the draft vulture will go hungry in 2014.

Horf was so important to our team. With Horf, we are miles better than the aged and out-of-shape Nets. Without Horf, we are a little worse (but not by much, Reggie Evans saved their ass tonight). Any other player getting an injury would not of affected this team this dramatically (which proves why Horf should be considered untouchable).

And tanking isn't an option with Ferry and Bud at the helm. It's just not in their blood to lose games coming from the Spurs system. And yes, the Spurs lost a bunch of games and ended up drafting Duncan but they lost those games because they lost Robinson to a back injury. If they didn't lose Robinson, Duncan would have been a Sixer, Celtic, or Grizzly this entire time. The Spurs have constantly had late 1st round picks for the last 15 years and they keep going every year replacing talent through the draft. The key to the draft isn't necessarily getting high picks, but having an eye for talent and being able to see what guys like Mike Scott can give you. I guarantee you that if GM's had the chance to go back, guys like Manu Ginobili, Nikola Pekovic, Marc Gasol, Monta Ellis, and Paul Millsap (all second round picks) would not have been passed up in their respective drafts.

Making the playoffs IS a good thing for us because it takes one more playoff spot away from Brooklyn. We want every team in the East to win EXCEPT Brooklyn. Heck, every time a team from the East plays another team from the East is a win for us, so long as the team playing Brooklyn wins. And for our luck, if we tried tanking now, we'd still end up making the playoffs due to the East being so terrible. lol

• Premium Member

Making the playoffs won't be good for the Hawks if the Nets make it also and that can definitely happen with the way these teams like Detroit have been playing lately. It seems that we are starting to see that without Horf, this team is not good. It's important for Ferry to be smart rather than prideful regarding the realistic chances of this team this year. Finishing in the middle does us no good.