• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Net Watch - Atlanta's Right To Swap 1st Round Picks With Brooklyn

coachx

Summary - The Hawks have the right to switch picks with the Nets in 2014 & 2015.

Posted Image

---------

The 2-5 Nets appear to be a train wreck. Most of their players are well over 30 and passed their prime.

I have researched but cannot find anything talking about any restrictions on the Hawks right to swap 1st round draft picks with the Nets in 2014 & 2015 (as part of the Joe Johnson trade).

I just want to be sure that if the Nets end up in the lottery, that the Hawks still have the right to swap 1st round picks with them.

Edited by Dolfan23
Added summary of thread
  • Like 3

• Moderators

The 2-5 Nets appear to be a train wreck. Most of their players are well over 30 and passed their prime.

I have researched but cannot find anything talking about any restrictions on the Hawks right to swap 1st round draft picks with the Nets in 2014 & 2015 (as part of the Joe Johnson trade).

I just want to be sure that if the Nets end up in the lottery, that the Hawks still have the right to swap 1st round picks with them.

Wow. That would be crazy good luck. Still i see no way they fall out of the playoffs. There just aren't more than 8 playoff teams in the east. Bucks, sixers, celtics, orlando, and charlotte are all a lock to not even try for the playoffs. That leaves Wiz, Cavs, Toronto, and Detroit all 'competing' for the final two lottery spots in the east.

I just can't see the Hawks, Knicks, or Nets being able to play bad enough to get in the lottery. This is going to be a crazy season.

Still I like the way your thinking. That would be awesome if it pans out.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Wow. That would be crazy good luck. Still i see no way they fall out of the playoffs. There just aren't more than 8 playoff teams in the east. Bucks, sixers, celtics, orlando, and charlotte are all a lock to not even try for the playoffs. That leaves Wiz, Cavs, Toronto, and Detroit all 'competing' for the final two lottery spots in the east.

I just can't see the Hawks, Knicks, or Nets being able to play bad enough to get in the lottery. This is going to be a crazy season.

Still I like the way your thinking. That would be awesome if it pans out.

i don't know.. Charlotte, Milwaukee and Philly may win a few.

• Moderators

i don't know.. Charlotte, Milwaukee and Philly may win a few.

You mean you think they will try to make the playoffs? I wouldn't put it past Charlotte to try. Philly i think is smarter than that and i just don't see where the Bucks have anything other than a good coach. I've been wrong plenty. Although never about the Wiz. Every year people predict the Wiz will be good and I say they will suck. They've made me look smart on that so far.

I am pretty bullish on the Nets. There's just too much star power there to slide out of the playoffs. I'd be really surprised if they somehow wind up with a worse seed than us in the playoffs (assuming no major roster changes on our part). But then again, I didn't foresee them sucking this bad. And nothing personally against the man, but I hope Derron Williams' ankle injury tonight is more serious than it looked.

I am pretty bullish on the Nets. There's just too much star power there to slide out of the playoffs. I'd be really surprised if they somehow wind up with a worse seed than us in the playoffs (assuming no major roster changes on our part). But then again, I didn't foresee them sucking this bad. And nothing personally against the man, but I hope Derron Williams' ankle injury tonight is more serious than it looked.

KG is done, Pierce is a shell of himself and Kidd reminds me of Magic Johnson attempting to coach. This is a trainwreck waiting to blow up. Only one that is saving it is Brook Lopez.

• Like 1

Joseph couldn't pull out a win on his lonesome with Deron, KG, Lopez out with ankle sprains and Pierce out with a groin injury. I made a joke in the chat about Ferry disguising himself as the Nets' trainer but seriously, we have to have someone on the payroll within their training and equipment staff. Losing 80% of your starting lineup to lingering injuries are not a common occurrence and you know ole' Mumbles is probably nursing something himself that he's just not telling any one about.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

This will be very interesting to watch. If they stay healthy you imagine that they will get it together at some point, but staying healthy might be hard for this group.

It will be very nice to forget about us tanking and just hope the Nets season blows up so we can swap picks.

• Like 1

I love Garnett and Kidd, but I knew when this team was assembled they'd crash and burn. How is the only question I had. They'll have some ugly losses all through the regular season, and probably go 7 games in the First Round at this rate. After Kobe, Shaq, Karl, and Gary fell on their faces against the Pistons, the obscenely stacked team is probably more counterproductive than anything else after all is said and done. I wouldnt expect Billy King to realize that, though. You look at their last 20 or so games last year, Reggie Evans eating glass was the catalyst for their good play. He's an afterthought now. As the biggest JJ hater ever though, I'll always contend you can't do anything with him in your locker room, regardless of who else is around. His salary and reserved character just creates awful chemistry I think. And you would think Kidd, even though a rookie coach, would know how better to use Williams and have the ball in his hand more creating instead of feeding guys and leaving them on an Iso island. I haven't watched them much, is anyone drawing steady doubles?

Edited by benhillboy