• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Net Watch - Atlanta's Right To Swap 1st Round Picks With Brooklyn

coachx

• Premium Member

I watched a good portion of the game and they looked really bad. Livingston wasn't much of a PG but he was their only offense in the second half.They took a lot of bad shots. It was actually like watching Josh Smith play. The threes and long twos weren't falling but there were a lot of attempts. When they did drive there wasn't much success either.Their announcers seemed really lost too. Joe missed a long ISO jumper and they said "that is just not nets basketball" even though it appeared to me that it was Nets basketball. They wanted them to run on Portland but their players are too old to do it. There were even plays when they walked up court and they thought their players were running. Still a lot of time to see where this goes but you have to love the early returns.

Edited by cam1218

Their next 10 games are very manageable, but I think the writing's on the wall with this team. For contrast, we're number 1 in assists, and they, a Jason Kidd team, are 21st. Winless at home is it? I'm loving it. Give us those gotda&m picks.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 1

Im sure the Nets will make Playoffs... just give them some time. Kirilenko will return (an important piece), Deron will be better in 2014 (or maybe he is the new Gilbert Arenas Posted Image ), and Kidd will be fired. With some more games together they can be a +48 wins easily in the East.

• Like 1

Honestly, I am done watching the Hawks with a rooting interest. I am watching the Nets and seeing how terrible they are, I am completely cheering for their downfall. The whole Atlantic Division is amazingly awful. I want the Nets to get us a top 3 pick. These Hawks are what they are. A playoff team who really shouldn't be. This reminds me of the Iggy playoff bound Sixers.

Edited by nbasupes40retired
  • Like 1

• Premium Member

According to NBA.COM....

July 11, 2012: Traded by Atlanta to the Brooklyn Nets for Jordan Farmar, Anthony Morrow, Johan Petro, DeShawn Stevenson, Jordan Williams, a 2013 first round draft pick and a 2017 second round draft pick.

WHere is the official word on swapping picks.

According to NBA.COM....

July 11, 2012: Traded by Atlanta to the Brooklyn Nets for Jordan Farmar, Anthony Morrow, Johan Petro, DeShawn Stevenson, Jordan Williams, a 2013 first round draft pick and a 2017 second round draft pick.

WHere is the official word on swapping picks.

Another poster already put up the realgm link.

Here is another link from hoopsworld. It speaks about it below the salary info.

http://www.hoopsworld.com/atlanta-hawks-team-salary

Pick Swaps

[*]2014 — Right to swap first-round picks with the Brooklyn Nets (Joe Johnson).

[*]2015 — Right to swap first-round picks with the Brooklyn Nets (Joe Johnson).

[*]2015 — Owed second-round pick from Nets (Mehmet Okur, Raul Neto).

[*]2017 — Owed second-round pick from Nets (Joe Johnson).

[*]2017 — Owed top-40 protected second-round pick, unprotected in 2018 from Miami HEAT (James Ennis).

[*]

Edited by coachx
  • Like 1