• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

I like Milsap but without a defensive anchor this team has no future

NBASupes

• Moderators

This comment right here "Asik just doesn't have an offensive game and Horf & Teague isn't enough offense to make up for that."Is why trading for a so called true center like asik should not be made...like it or not you can't just look at the defense side of this you must look at the offense side as well!This is one of the reasons I think bud and ferry are really watching Teague and horford closely especially on the offensive end. I mean if we had Westbrook, Durant, and milsap oh man complete different story because there we have 2 guys that can carry the offensive load no problem so why not trade sap had we had players like Westbrook and KD but since we don't you have to look at the whole picture not just one side.Milsap in some ways actually can be the best offensive player we have. Here's what JTB wants to happen.....ferry keep this team and add a big...period. Get gortat or hawes and being milsap off the bench along with Lou.

...And that is my point. That's why I keep saying that OKC should trade for Asik because they have the firepower to make up for Asik's offensive deficiencies. Perk for Asik makes a lot of sense for both sides. For Houston, you bring Perk off the bench to back up Howard. Parsons moves to 4 and you start Brewer at 3. For OKC, you have Asik, Ibaka, Durant, Sefo, and Westbrook as your starting 5. Best defensive front court in the NBA w/ Asik and Ibaka. As for the Hawks, we need a guy that thrives in the paint and can do everything that Asik can. Ferry bringing in Millsap is proof that he understands this... It's just Millsap needs to be 3 inches taller and 15 lbs heavier and it would work on an elite level w/ Horf. What I wouldn't I do to get Demarcus Cousins on this team to pair up with Horf... Embiid would great as well.

...And that is my point. That's why I keep saying that OKC should trade for Asik because they have the firepower to make up for Asik's offensive deficiencies. Perk for Asik makes a lot of sense for both sides. For Houston, you bring Perk off the bench to back up Howard. Parsons moves to 4 and you start Brewer at 3. For OKC, you have Asik, Ibaka, Durant, Sefo, and Westbrook as your starting 5. Best defensive front court in the NBA w/ Asik and Ibaka. As for the Hawks, we need a guy that thrives in the paint and can do everything that Asik can. Ferry bringing in Millsap is proof that he understands this... It's just Millsap needs to be 3 inches taller and 15 lbs heavier and it would work on an elite level w/ Horf. What I wouldn't I do to get Demarcus Cousins on this team to pair up with Horf... Embiid would great as well.

Exactly...exactly...exactly my friend!Everything you said makes good sense including the okc/HOU trade.Hmmm...you made me think of a trade that probably most won't like but is a thought....how does Teague/milsap for cousins/filler/filler sound?Then again that is a fix issues yet create different issues type of deal but hey DMC,horford, cousins is nice front court!.....not sure if you want to lose Teague and milsap for such a deal. Just a thought.

No. I think he has a chance to be a good player, but he doesn't have the skillset, footwork, agility and fluidity of Hakeem. He actually reminds me of a healthy Greg Oden.

You sure about that footwork, agility, and fluidity part at the same age? At the same age, Akeem was on the Houston Cougars bench. Sometimes you guys have a tendency to compare these kids to players who are elite in their prime. These kids are what, 18 or 19.

Greg Oden was better at the same age. Oden was a beast. Embiid just oozes potential.

Edited by nbasupes40retired

• Premium Member

You sure about that footwork, agility, and fluidity part at the same age? At the same age, Akeem was on the Houston Cougars bench. Sometimes you guys have a tendency to compare these kids to players who are elite in their prime. These kids are what, 18 or 19. Greg Oden was better at the same age. Oden was a beast. Embiid just oozes potential.

Yeah I'm real sure about it. I really like Embiid, but he doesn't remind me at all of Hakeem. If that was a legit comparison, I think we would be hearing many others saying it also. The comparison I've seen mentioned is Andrew Bynum. I don't fully agree with that one either, but it's closer than Hakeem.

What GameTime said. Hawks future has never looked brighter, thanks to the Nets (and Danny Ferry for taking advantage of their short-sightedness)

Wiggins, Parker, Randle, Smart, Exum, Embiid, Gordon. Even look at Hood, Young, Payne, Christon, Harris, Robinson III, Harrison Twins. This draft is deep.

Edited by GameTime

Everytime the Nets lose a game an angel gets its wings

Good one Posted Image .

I will one thing...it is a pleasure watching Paul Milsap. It's been awhile since we have had an inside guy with actual effective inside moves. I would say since Al Harrington IMO. Horford is OK, Smoove wasn't any good on the block, Zaza was just a banger, Marvin was Posted Image

Anybody I left out between Harrington and Milsap was either old or worse.

Edited by DJlaysitup

I mean college Greg Oden.

He doesn't really look like Oden at all from the games and videos I watched. He looks like Hakeem younger of course. When you say you don't see the footwork, I find it odd. I think you meant the offensive skill-set which clearly isn't there yet. Doesn't mean it can't be.

No disrespect but the same people who listened to Dicky V calling OIadipo a young Jordan have to be the same people listening to him call Embiid a young Hakeem. Both comparisons are comical.

Gortat is a FA after this season A good rebounder and shot blocker. I wonder how much it would take to sign him? My guess is $9-$10 mil per over 4 years. This will be his last big contract since he will be 30.

I like this idea but we may not be able to afford him with holds and drafts pick we will possibly be hamstrung at the opening of free agency next year.

• Like 1

No disrespect but the same people who listened to Dicky V calling OIadipo a young Jordan have to be the same people listening to him call Embiid a young Hakeem. Both comparisons are comical.

I like this idea but we may not be able to afford him with holds and drafts pick we will possibly be hamstrung at the opening of free agency next year.

He had some shades of MJ but he clearly didn't have the physical attributes or the skill MJ had. He looks like a young Wade and his development seems to be saying he will be a young Wade.

I don't see what is comical about comparing him to Hakeem. They share a lot of the same physical traits at similar ages with Embiid being much further along as he has been playing since 16. Hakeem didn't start till he was 18. I think some of you guys are comparing prime Hakeem to a 18 Embiid which clearly isn't fair. Let's compare 18 y.o. Paul George to 23 y.o. Paul George and it's not comparison. You wouldn't even say it would be the same player.

If we don't get a top 5 draft pick this next year (however we do it) we will be an average at best team for a decade. This draft is loaded.

Top 7 pick. 8, 9, 10 has potential but I don't see greatness.

This draft is being greatly exaggerated. If we don't get the 1st or 2nd pick I don't see us being a contender before Al's contract is up. The league is full of PG's, combo guards, and PF's if you are not getting a legit C, game changing SF or SG you are not doing anything that will make your team a contender anytime soon.

Edited by MrMeltdown

This draft is being greatly exaggerated. If we don't get the 1st or 2nd pick I don't see us being a contender before Al's contract is up. The league is full of PG's, combo guards, and PF's if you are not getting a legit C, game changing SF or SG you are not doing anything that will make your team a contender anytime soon.

These guys are coming in at 18 and 19. They aren't expected to turn someone into contenders tomorrow. Even Parker.

This draft runs pretty deep. Even if we get a pick around 11-15 we could end up with possibly McGary (PF/C) , G. Harris (SG), Seldon (SG), Robinson III (SG/SF).

I like the depth of this draft.

• Like 1