Al Horford update?

PaceRam

My sources are telling me that Danny will apply for a disabled player exception. Whether this is granted depends solely on the injury diagnosis. My source? Common sense. What would the exception be? For half of Al's salary ($6m+$100k) **$5,150,000+$100,000 (non-taxpayer midlevel exception amount) that can be used to acquire (sign or trade) one and only one player *for a one-year deal or with one-year remaining. This cannot be combined with any other exception, but this is from our perspective.

And I just opened up a can of worms for this board.

Edited by hawksfanatic

I think Brooklyn is the worst team in the NBA. They can't move, they play horrible defense and below average offense. With Lopez, I still had them missing the playoffs, without him, they are the worst team in the NBA.

Trade Milsap and Mack for Gallo and their NYK 1st.

NYK 1ts round it's GOLD....

I think that we should wait some games, watch what we are capable of, and make decisions... but first, analyse our situation after some games, not before...

My sources are telling me that Danny will apply for a disabled player exception. Whether this is granted depends solely on the injury diagnosis. My source? Common sense. What would the exception be? For half of Al's salary ($6m+$100k) that can be used to acquire (sign or trade) one and only one player. This cannot be combined with any other exception, but this is from our perspective.And I just opened up a can of worms for this board.

What center would be available?

Timofey Mozgov could be acquired.

At what price, he's been productive this year. Is Washington interested in trade Serephin?

OT: Westbrook had another knee surgery, (out til after ASG) guess it's Presti's fault.

No, it's Patrick Beverley fault. Punkmove by Patrick.

Karma is a bitch. We were all joyful about the Lopez injury, and now... this happens..

I'm still pretty happy about the Lopez injury but then again I didn't really have any kind of fantasy that this team with or without Al had the means to win a championship this year anyway. Sucks for Al but I don't see it as we lost a chance at a championship because I don't think we ever had one. Pretty much just speaks volumes about our need for a center.

At what price, he's been productive this year. Is Washington interested in trade Serephin?

No, it's Patrick Beverley fault. Punkmove by Patrick.

He's a cheaper version of Asik; I wouldn't give them anymore than Brand.

Edited by ATLHawks3

Hate to stay off topic, but Westbrook out for a long stretch again? I never liked him but became a fan of his this year. Glad to know we ain't the only ones with problems. Now I know how Chicago feels, to a lesser degree of course, even though I don't care for Rose. Much as I love Al, when a young dude has symmetrical major injuries, it's time to start mulling over alternative strategies behind closed doors. If this were to happen again, it'll be 100% on management.

Edited by benhillboy

I'm still pretty happy about the Lopez injury but then again I didn't really have any kind of fantasy that this team with or without Al had the means to win a championship this year anyway. Sucks for Al but I don't see it as we lost a chance at a championship because I don't think we ever had one. Pretty much just speaks volumes about our need for a center.

Still though, I would've enjoyed the Hawks playing good basketball for the rest of the season with Al and still have the lotto pick than to have both out. Hopefully Al can return in the playoffs (if we make it there)

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Great. Guy is playing his usual All Star level out of position and this happens. Horford needs to be in DF face about this being his fault. This is now a torn pec resulting in two lost seasons in three years because they refuse to play him at his natural position. Horford's body has been beat up for years playing out of position against larger and stronger centers.

Absolutely disgusted.

And of course it goes without saying he had the real kiss of death of being on two of my fantasy teams.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Now Boston supporters may party about this like lots of people here did about Lopez' injury...

I didn't understand that joy cause I don't wish injuries to anybody.

Same here. As an Orthodox Christian I find it reprehensible that we had people on here rooting for injuries to Nets players and cheering with Lopez was out for the year. Well guys, good going: Karma just bit us right back in the ass.