• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Al Horford update?

PaceRam

• Premium Member
“The idea is we have a goal and a system that we play and we trust,” Budenholzer said. “Obviously, Al is one of our best players and invaluable to us but there won’t be a huge, significant change and that we will have a comfort level defensively and offensively. It doesn’t matter who is there. As best as possible, we’ll be able to function without Al.”

Sounds like we'll HAVE to be able to function without Al for some significant period of time.

• Like 1

I said this shit so many years ago, Al will continue to get injuries playing center. It's too damn physical. You guys acting like dummies like, he don't want to play center, he's not tough, f*ck outta here, he's tough but centers have a lot more mass and size. While Al has a nice upperbody for a PF, for a center he is undersized and his legs aren't strong enough. He's not a rim protector either to shy away from contact like a young Tyson Chandler or Anthony Davis. These injuries are purely from playing this damn position. This is Ferry's fault, get a damn center. Wait, too fu*king late, season over. Dumbass.

• Like 2

• Premium Member

Al isn't the first athletic 6-9 guy to play the position, and there was nothing about last night's injury that had anything to do with the position he was playing... he was defending a pass out of bounds forpetesake, and appeared to hyperextend.

• Like 2

• Premium Member

Bud tripping. I like the next man up philosophy and all, but you can't just plug in anybody for an All-Star talent who leads your team.

I think Bud was talking to the other GMs who feel as though we are forced to trade now.

• Premium Member

I said this shit so many years ago, Al will continue to get injuries playing center. It's too damn physical. You guys acting like dummies like, he don't want to play center, he's not tough, f*ck outta here, he's tough but centers have a lot more mass and size. While Al has a nice upperbody for a PF, for a center he is undersized and his legs aren't strong enough. He's not a rim protector either to shy away from contact like a young Tyson Chandler or Anthony Davis. These injuries are purely from playing this damn position. This is Ferry's fault, get a damn center. Wait, too fu*king late, season over. Dumbass.

I don't disagree with you supe... I was watching the injury he had the first time with Hibbert. It was just a case of the big bear Hibbert swiping at him while his arms were in the rebound position. Didn't have the strength to match. I agree, we should be after a big. I say it just about everyday. However, the question is what is DFerry going to do. My suggestion is Polish Hammer in the offseason.

• Premium Member

While the injury definitely looked like he hyperextended his shoulder, I do think him consistently having to wrestle with bigger guys makes his body more prone to injury as it wears him down over the course of a season. It's a point Al has consistently made and he's right.

Centers don't grow on trees I'm afraid.

Al isn't the first athletic 6-9 guy to play the position, and there was nothing about last night's injury that had anything to do with the position he was playing... he was defending a pass out of bounds forpetesake, and appeared to hyperextend.

Al doesn't have the mass for the position.

Al is small legs for his weight.

He isn't well portion or bottom heavy.

Of course Dwight is top heavy as well but Dwight has a lot more mass to take more abuse.

All of that contact will get you. I know this from my playing days and others.

Outside of those freak football injuries and last year's Westbrook injury, most Basketball injuries are due constant contact and your body gives up oddly.

That's why Al can tear his peck on something that didn't seem too physical.

Edited by nbasupes40retired

• Premium Member

Al is not the first 'undersized' center to play in the NBA. His injuries have little to do with him playing center IMHO. Both plays were more like freak accidents than anything else. With that said, I really hope this isn't a repeat of his last injury. He was playing the best bball of his career and he and Milsap made a very potent frontcourt. Horf was /is perfect for Bud's system.

not all 6,9 guys are built the same. The main argument about horford playing center isnt his height its mostly his build. he doesnt have the body to take physical punishment down low.

• Like 1

• Moderators

C-Vivbomb

~lw3

F&@k me. We wit you, Boss. I'm no draft expert or nothing, but we still have our own 1st round pick? It just got better.

We only get one first round pick. Ours or the Nets which ever is best. So, I don't see how losing is going to help us here unless we are going to lose more than the Nets