• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks interested in Hedo Turkoglu

GrimeyKidd

Does Hedo have anything left though? Can he still play SF? If he can I guess he gives us size on the wing.He won't give us much defensively - hopefully he can still shoot.His greatest asset to us will be his ball handling. (DMC dribbling the ball is a disaster waiting to happen).When Teague is on the bench we sometimes struggle with ball handling.I guess a non-guaranteed contract could work but that would mean cutting someone (I think).

Edited by JayBirdHawk

Does Hedo have anything left though? Can he still play SF? If he can I guess he gives us size on the wing.He won't give us much defensively - hopefully he can still shoot.His greatest asset to us will be his ball handling. (DMC dribbling the ball is a disaster waiting to happen).When Teague is on the bench we sometimes struggle with ball handling.I guess a non-guaranteed contract could work but that would mean cutting someone (I think).

Hedo is an very good passer as well. Hedo and Bud go way back (03-04 Spurs), so I could see us signing him.

Was Hedo ever a PF? I always thought of him as Kukoc like. A huge SF who thinks he's a PG.

As far as I know he's been a SF who played PF in a small lineup sometimes.

• Premium Member

The main thing I remember about him is that in our Magic games, every time they put him in the game, I was thrilled because I knew he would either throw away the ball, double dribble, or chuck a 3 and miss. No thank you.

If he is healthy he can make open threes. Not sure he is an upgrade over Cartier.

• Moderators

I approve this signing. A 6'10" small forward that can slash and hit 3's... Sign me up. We need some height on this team and Turks is 3" taller than our tallest wing player. Hell, he's taller than Sap and Horf.

C - Brand

PF - Sap

SF - Turks

SG - KK

PG - Teague

Not bad considering the injuries to Horf and DMC. Plus, Turks is an expiring contract.

Edited by PSSSHHHRRR87