• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

What does Mike Scott have to do to get more playing time?

Peoriabird

• Premium Member

What does Bud not like about Scott?? Why is he still the 8th or 9th man in the rotation??? To me, he should be the 1st or 2nd guy off the bench but I guess Coach Bud doesn't see it that way. I hope that he gets more playing time in the future because he has improved his game significantly!

Exactly as coach Bud said in the post game presser that they're telling Scott he's got to play defense and he started to do good things on that end tonight but he's been our worst defensive player this year and that's why he's not playing more.

• Like 1

Improve his defense (which has gotten better). Bud talked about that in tonight's press conference, he was pleased with his defense tonight which is something they have talked to about.

Edited by JayBirdHawk

He is automatic from midrange in, I honestly dont like him taking threes as its just outside his range but he will occasionally drain a couple in a row. I agree he should get more PT, esp if Milsap has an off night. Since we no longer have Martin I figured Scott would get more mins at SF because it seems we only use Carroll, then go small with Korver or even a three guard rotation.

• Admin

All back ups play the same position as someone who starts ahead of them! My only point is that he should not be the 3rd or 4th guy off the bench.

yes, but Paul play more mins so he will not be first off the bench...I do agree he has been playing really well and I hope we resign him

• Premium Member

yes, but Paul play more mins so he will not be first off the bench...I do agree he has been playing really well and I hope we resign him

I can't think of one scenario where we don't resign Mike Scott except a career ending injury

• Like 1

Mike Scott needs to work on a few aspects of his game. Post play, a face up game, better defense. I'd say his mid range game is pretty good and he nails top of the key 3's. overall I like him though, I just wish he'd bang people around a bit more. He looks like he has that ability to muscle people up but he just has to be willing to expand his game.