• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Bogdan Bogdanović!

SerbianHawk

Mainly all superstars have been american. I cant count more than 5 intl. Superstars in nba ..hist.... I mean currently.

I had written a long post detailing how sick prime Manu was and how Dirk is right there for best PF of the last decade sans Duncan and how Pau and Parker, while not superstars per se, have been 1B players on championships and how Giannis is THE legit player from the last draft, but I'll cut that and just say this:

Why not look for talent wherever we can?

• Premium Member

Mainly all superstars have been american. I cant count more than 5 intl. Superstars in nba ..hist.... I mean currently.

You do realize it wasn't until the late 90's that you saw serious international players being drafted? There were guys on the brink of superstardom like Petrovic or guys that were superstars in Europe but still really good here like Sabonis. You seriously need to rethink how you feel about international players. Honestly it sounds more than vaguely racist.

I had written a long post detailing how sick prime Manu was and how Dirk is right there for best PF of the last decade sans Duncan and how Pau and Parker, while not superstars per se, have been 1B players on championships and how Giannis is THE legit player from the last draft, but I'll cut that and just say this: Why not look for talent wherever we can?

You had me until Giannis. I'm not a fan of his and may look foolish for it later but I'm not seeing a special talent there.I absolutely agree with the rest though.

Noo im not racist. I swear! Just been too patient fo so many years. .... I want respected and feared bball teamNoo im not racist. I swear! Just been too patient fo so many years. .... I want respected and feared bball teamNoo im not racist. I swear! Just been too patient fo so many years. .... I want respected and feared bball team

• Premium Member

Noo im not racist. I swear! Just been too patient fo so many years. .... I want respected and feared bball team

Noo im not racist. I swear! Just been too patient fo so many years. .... I want respected and feared bball team

So much so you had to say it three times eh? Posted Image

I want what you want. We all do. It may take international players for that to happen so be prepared to root for guys not from the USA. Posted Image

You had me until Giannis. I'm not a fan of his and may look foolish for it later but I'm not seeing a special talent there.I absolutely agree with the rest though.

Have you watched his play on the Bucks? I wasn't sold on him before the draft but I'm completely sold now. I don't know if he'll be a transcendent scorer but holy guacamole does he have talent. I had no idea he was as fast and athletic as he is.

Have you watched his play on the Bucks? I wasn't sold on him before the draft but I'm completely sold now. I don't know if he'll be a transcendent scorer but holy guacamole does he have talent. I had no idea he was as fast and athletic as he is.

I've only seen a little of him live and I've seen some highlights. I dunno I just think he's too limited offensively and doesn't have a defined position but we'll see.

It just seems that the Hawks already have rights to a guy that looks very similar...

Sergiy Gladyr!

Posted Image

Gladyr did play in SL, but I guess Ferry didn't like what he saw in him. Posted Image

The Hawks are where Euro draft picks go to die... for the most part. How many Euro guys have we drafted in the past 10 years who've never played a minute with us? I'd say almost all of them.

• Moderators

The Hawks are where Euro draft picks go to die... for the most part. How many Euro guys have we drafted in the past 10 years who've never played a minute with us? I'd say almost all of them.

In fairness where have the Hawks drafted all these Euros?

Pape Sy - #53 overall

Gladyr - #49 overall

Akyol - #59 overall

Viktor Sanikidze - #42 overlal

The only one we've taken in the last 11 years who was drafted in a slot where you would expect them to work out (before last year) was #21 in 2003 with Boris Diaw who has been a success story for his draft slot even if he was woefully misused by Woodson.

We have taken plenty of Americans with higher 2nd round picks who have never amounted to anything either:

Keith Benson #48

Solomon Jones #33

Salim Stoudemire #31

Donta Smith #34

Travis Hansen #37

The only guys who I think you could expect to be rotation players for the Hawks are Diaw, Bebe and Schröder and even their draft slots produce plenty of washouts.

Edited by AHF

PDF (pre Danny Ferry), yes. That may be changing...

• Like 1

In fairness where have the Hawks drafted all these Euros?

Pape Sy - #53 overall

Gladyr - #49 overall

Akyol - #59 overall

Viktor Sanikidze - #42 overlal

The only one we've taken in the last 11 years who was drafted in a slot where you would expect them to work out (before last year) was #21 in 2003 with Boris Diaw who has been a success story for his draft slot even if he was woefully misused by Woodson.

We have taken plenty of Americans with higher 2nd round picks who have never amounted to anything either:

Keith Benson #48

Solomon Jones #33

Salim Stoudemire #31

Donta Smith #34

Travis Hansen #37

The only guys who I think you could expect to be rotation players for the Hawks are Diaw, Bebe and Schröder and even their draft slots produce plenty of washouts.

Still other teams have had success or at least brought some of their Euro's over, even guys drafted in the 2nd round. I don't think we've ever brought one of those guys that we've drafted in the past 15 years over and had him on the big club, have we?

And yeah no doubt we suck at drafting Americans in the 2nd round as well, BF (Before Ferry) of course.

• Moderators

Still other teams have had success or at least brought some of their Euro's over, even guys drafted in the 2nd round. I don't think we've ever brought one of those guys that we've drafted in the past 15 years over and had him on the big club, have we?

And yeah no doubt we suck at drafting Americans in the 2nd round as well, BF (Before Ferry) of course.

The only guys we've taken in the first round are:

Boris Diaw - brought over

Dennis Schröder - brought over

Bebe - overseas this year

When you are talking about guys drafted at the #50 spot in the draft, it doesn't bother me if they never come over. If we had taken these guys at #33, #35, #31, etc. then it would bother me.

Edited by AHF

The only guys we've taken in the first round are:

Boris Diaw - brought over

Dennis Schröder - brought over

Bebe - overseas this year

When you are talking about guys drafted at the #50 spot in the draft, it doesn't bother me if they never come over. If we had taken these guys at #33, #35, #31, etc. then it would bother me.

Yeah I'm really just talking about guys we've drafted and stashed. Other teams have had success with this and while it's probably a low percentage, I can't think of a single one we've drafted, stashed and had turn out to be anything. It doesn't "bother me" but I would like to see one guy like this work out for us once in a while.

• Moderators

Yeah I'm really just talking about guys we've drafted and stashed. Other teams have had success with this and while it's probably a low percentage, I can't think of a single one we've drafted, stashed and had turn out to be anything. It doesn't "bother me" but I would like to see one guy like this work out for us once in a while.

My guess is that Bebe will be the first.

Posted Image