• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks trade for Antawn Jamison

WraithSentinel

• Premium Member

Lol. These reactions are great. The people who have been talking about tanking for the past four months are upset because Ferry didn't do much to make the team better at the deadline? The team can't get better and worse at the same time. Anyway, I wouldn't mind watching Jamison play on the Hawks for the next few months as long as he doesn't cut into Scott's minutes.

Lol. These reactions are great. The people who have been talking about tanking for the past four months are upset because Ferry didn't do much to make the team better at the deadline? The team can't get better and worse at the same time. Anyway, I wouldn't mind watching Jamison play on the Hawks for the next few months as long as he doesn't cut into Scott's minutes.

It's too late to tank now most likely.

• Moderators

I think the tanking people are annoyed for something like this:

* I thought tanking was the right move 4 months ago and instead was told that we were going to compete. Now we are electing not to compete and we aren't getting the benefit of tanking. So it is a lose/lose?

* If we were just going to circle the drain at the end of the year, shouldn't we have tanked from the beginning so we had a shot at one of the elite prospects at the top of the draft? Why go through all this to get a draft pick around #12 when we could be around #4?

* Now that we paid for Teague, Korver, etc. to compete we don't have a chance to land a star as a FA signing either. So what were we accomplishing by competing this year if we aren't going to make a move to actually compete when the team is struggling?

Edited by AHF
  • Like 1

I think the tanking people are annoyed for something like this:

* I thought tanking was the right move 4 months ago and instead was told that we were going to compete. Now we are electing not to compete and we aren't getting the benefit of tanking. So it is a lose/lose?

* If we were just going to circle the drain at the end of the year, shouldn't we have tanked from the beginning so we had a shot at one of the elite prospects at the top of the draft? Why go through all this to get a draft pick around #12 when we could be around #4?

* Now that we paid for Teague, Korver, etc. to compete we don't have a chance to land a star as a FA signing either. So what were we accomplishing by competing this year if we aren't going to make a move to actually compete when the team is struggling?

The cumulative effect of all the injuries cannot be discounted as to why we are where we are.

"We’ll look at Antwan over the next couple of days and decide if it’s the best fit for each other. Regarding Antwan, I have personal experience with him from the year we were together in Cleveland. He was, and always has been, the ultimate professional and high-class guy. That is his trademark within the NBA. He really is a gentleman."

Edited by JayBirdHawk