• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Paul Millsap...did Utah us him as a "field hand"?

DJlaysitup

Not trying to start up some racially charged conversation here - but.

Millsap was a 2nd round draft pick (why that is..is beyond me). The guy lead the NCAA in rebounding three years - albeit for a mid-majorish team. He also was the leading scorer for L-Tech during his prime three years and they had quality wins against pretty good teams - beat LSU twice.

We drafted Shellhead at #5 and they got Sap in the second round.

Mormons being Mormons...they like to see white guys shooting the ball. It fills the seats.

Since Paul is a 10 year veteran he had to of "re-upped" with Utah....so it's tough to blame them...you pay an employee the money - you expect him to do what you want.

boozer was also a 2nd round pick. if anything teams are reluctant to pick the next great white hope because of the many busts by good white college players. a smart gm knows when to pick a great player, regardless of color.

the deal with a tweener is that you don't know who has the athleticism and intelligence to be able to overcome. millsap is smart.

I read the topic heading and didn't understand, so i clicked, and now i am more confused.

I can appreciate a good drunk post every once in awhile, though. Especially now I'll give you a pass since the Hawks stunk it up last game and we're possibly nearing their end. So i can understand getting a little emotional and throwing down some booze. I'm right there with ya bro, feeling the urge to go on a little binge myself with a few high end lady friends and some booger sugar and some drinky drinks too, Leaving Las Vegas style.

You just have to remember to go slow and don't mix the clear with the brown. And avoid talking race, politics, or religion while doing so. This could've turned out much worse than just incoherent gibberish.

Go Hawks!

The only part I can respond to is "why was Millsap a 2nd rounder?

The story I read was that during the group workouts leading up to the draft he was really really bad that's why he slipped, unbeknowst to everybody he was really really sick and told no one. The day before the draft he had an individual workout for the Jazz against a player who went in the lottery if that year and he busted his ass. So the Jazz got a 2nd round steal. Or something like that . I can't find the link.

Last time I rattled off a liquor infused rant I was warned and nearly banned. The simple screw up of the phrase "great white hope" instead of "great white hype" lol.. I was an outcast for a month on this site. Hahaha the liquor will put you in an odd situation.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

• Like 1