• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Ferry's first gamble

JTB

I feel that after two off seasons of having great negotiations with players and signing fantastic contracts....that will continue for ferry. But at some point I feel that ferry is going to gamble or take a risk....and as hawk fans I'm not too sure if we can blame him if he takes that risk, that gamble, that move that half the board will love and half will hate.

Who is that gamble, that risk, that player?....I think it is none other than Greg Monroe himself.

What's ferrys reason for gambling?.....Well we need another serviceable big just like we need a slashing sg/sf. Both are needs.

Why gamble on Monroe over others such as asik or love?....I don't believe ferry wants an asik type center because his offense production does nothing for us and I don't believe ferry will trade the whole team for Love cause that's what it will take!

So why is Monroe at the top of this list on who to gamble on?...there's a lot of factors that go into this. For one lets not get overly hyped about having cap next off season when there our plenty of good players in free agency. As a hawks fan I'm not saying lose faith but to think we have a real shot at marquee free agents just because we have some money is absurd! Did you not see what happen last off season? Point number two Monroe has the ability to be a 17/10 guy similar to Al Horford except he has better size. Point number 3 Monroe is 24 or 25 and can be molded to ferry/bud liking.

Keep in mind this is just a prediction if ferry is going after a Center he wants to start. I believe Gundy will do his best to trade Monroe and if he can't he will just let him walk. No way Gundy goes into the next 3-5 years with smith,Monroe, and Drummond for his front court!....it's just not a smart plan and Gundy isn't stupid enough to do it. He knows smith is immovable so Monroe is the piece that has to go.

• Like 1

• Moderators

I agree there will be a gamble sometime but maybe not this summer. But it takes two to gamble so he may prefer one over the other but he needs someone to play ball. I'd gamble on Love for sure but we may not have enough to get him in trade. I'd gamble on Monroe too but that's not going to alleviate our need for a good wing wither. Monroe I think can still be developed by our excellent staff and could play center.

I agree there will be a gamble sometime but maybe not this summer. But it takes two to gamble so he may prefer one over the other but he needs someone to play ball. I'd gamble on Love for sure but we may not have enough to get him in trade. I'd gamble on Monroe too but that's not going to alleviate our need for a good wing wither. Monroe I think can still be developed by our excellent staff and could play center.

Agreed but ferry can't take care of all out needs in one off season, nor can he control what's available during the off season. Personally I think getting a slasher is more important than anything. But at the same time I see more BIGs this off season that we can actually get unlike next off season.

I say grab your center you want then draft that slashing wing you want. Centers are harder to find by the way especially one like Monroe who has a lot of upside.

I hear Detroit would like to unload Josh Smith. I think a change of scenery could do wonders for him.

Of course they rather unload smith than Monroe but what franchise is dumb enough to take on smiths ridiculous contract?!

This is a lot different than the joe Johnson huge contract. Johnson was actually good just not good enough to make 20mil a year. Smith on the other hand is a bonehead that could be good but is too stupid to realize his potential and he's a 10 year vet now still taking long 2s that opposing teams want him to take cause he continues to miss them. I honestly think smith is done and I'm glad the hawks got rid of him when they could.

If Gundy can unload smith I'm ready to give him nba president of the year award or whatever the nba call it.

Edited by JTB

• Premium Member

Of course they rather unload smith than Monroe but what franchise is dumb enough to take on smiths ridiculous contract?!

This is a lot different than the joe Johnson huge contract. Johnson was actually good just not good enough to make 20mil a year. Smith on the other hand is a bonehead that could be good but is too stupid to realize his potential and he's a 10 year vet now still taking long 2s that opposing teams want him to take cause he continues to miss them. I honestly think smith is done and I'm glad the hawks got rid of him when they could.

If Gundy can unload smith I'm ready to give him nba president of the year award or whatever the nba call it.

Prediction: Van Gundy will reach Smoove.

Van Gundy has all the power. Smoove has never been associated with a coach that didn't have to answer to higher authorities. I think Van Gundy will bench Smoove as he sees fit and will tell smoove how high and where to park it. Smoove will follow orders. Because now, it's obvious that Smoove is not what he wants to be and may never be that.

• Like 1

• Moderators

We would have to give them Sap most likely...he only has one year left anyway and would take Sap's starting spot and give them an All star back

Unless Sap extends, I don't see how that is better than just keeping Love and hoping you have a great season and resigns.

Dennis+Bebe+Sap+15th pick+2016 1st+2018 1st for Love.

That's an appropriate gamble.

But that is way too much for a guy is going to be a FA next year and looking for a larger market to go to (i.e. Lakers, Rockets or Bulls)

I know it sucks that we want to hit homeruns with FA but put all our eggs in one basket might backfire and we going to be wishing that we will have those picks and those players.

• Like 1

• Moderators

But that is way too much for a guy is going to be a FA next year and looking for a larger market to go to (i.e. Lakers, Rockets or Bulls)

I know it sucks that we want to hit homeruns with FA but put all our eggs in one basket might backfire and we going to be wishing that we will have those picks and those players.

3 first rounders may be too much but how much is the rest of it really? Sap is awesome but dennis and bebe could be speedy claxton and solomon jones just as likely as they could be rondo and camby. We don't want to believe that but it's possible.

• Like 2

• Moderators

Dennis+Bebe+Sap+15th pick+2016 1st+2018 1st for Love.

That's an appropriate gamble.

The TWolves should pull the trigger on that so fast it would make your head spin. That is a dream scenario for them with Love having only 1 year left on his deal.

• Like 1

3 first rounders may be too much but how much is the rest of it really? Sap is awesome but dennis and bebe could be speedy claxton and solomon jones just as likely as they could be rondo and camby. We don't want to believe that but it's possible.

But at the same time, what assures that Kevin Love would resign with us and that it would be easy for him to go to Lakers and we end up with nothing at all (Danny Manning)

• Like 1

• Moderators

But at the same time, what assures that Kevin Love would resign with us and that it would be easy for him to go to Lakers and we end up with nothing at all (Danny Manning)

It's different now. We wouldn't do the trade without the extension a la Harden.

• Like 2

The TWolves should pull the trigger on that so fast it would make your head spin. That is a dream scenario for them with Love having only 1 year left on his deal.

Yes they should. Very risky, I would want Love's extension/assurances.