• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Merged: Kings interested in Dennis Schröder? (Putting #8 pick on trading block)

GameTime

I doubt this rumor is true but its pure comedy to see all the guys who screamed "we should tank" all season now balk at the idea of trading a guy taken in the middle of the first round in a weak draft for a lottery pick in a much stronger draft. A guy that lost his back up job to a guy who barely beat out Royal Ivey for the 3rd pg job is now untouchable. Hilarious

• Like 4

Did you watch the same season as the rest of us?! Mack was our best pg for atleast 2 months at one point in the season!

What the hell are you talking about? Dennis barely played...so what evidence do you have to backup your statement!

When everybody was down on Teague, hawk fans were begging for bud to put in Dennis for solid minutes and he never did!

Again did you watch the same season as the rest of us or is your heart so caught up in wanting Dennis to be the next great hawk, it has blinded you from reality?

Dennis is clearly the more natural point guard. Even more so than Teague. So Teague hit a lull for 2 months and Mack was better. Who cares? We know Mack is not better than Teague. And I know Mack isn't better than Dennis. He started out well and regained it at the end. He beat him out of training camp and had him until the Sacramento game. I know from the eye test he's a more natural point guard than anyone on the team and that's why I believe in him. He plays like a real point guard.

Dennis started out the season coming out of camp as the back-up.

1st 10 games: 97 vs 56 minutes, 2DNP's vs 8 DNP's

Between the knut punch to Cousins, having his practice shorts on during the game, just too many unforced turnovers and Shelvin playing out of his mind when given the opportunity (he did not turn the ball over)- Dennis found himself on the bench.

Does Dennis have potential? I think he does - just like some of these draft prospects.

Schröder ain't gonna get it done. If he does, awesome but I really don't see it. They'd want either Teague or Millsap. I think Millsap could potentially net us #8+McClemore. For me, it depends on if we really like a player at #8 we can't get at #15 (Gordon, Stauskas).

Mostly, though, I wouldn't do this deal unless it gave us more assets with which to land Love. A three way trade with Minnesota and Sacramento (perhaps another team) could possibly land us Love. Sacramento would want Teague or Millsap more than Minnesota.

Dennis is clearly the more natural point guard. Even more so than Teague. So Teague hit a lull for 2 months and Mack was better. Who cares? We know Mack is not better than Teague. And I know Mack isn't better than Dennis. He started out well and regained it at the end. He beat him out of training camp and had him until the Sacramento game. I know from the eye test he's a more natural point guard than anyone on the team and that's why I believe in him. He plays like a real point guard.

Look man if Dennis is the true stud y'all think he is I expect Teague to be traded this off season if it's that clear.

I will leave it at that. There shouldn't be too much argument from those of you who fell in love with Dennis cause if he's really truly that great he's going to be starter next season and you guys shouldn't have to get on hawksquawk to argue it if you truly believed it.

The fact is that you don't believe Dennis is going to start next season but because you despise Teague you want other fellow squawkers to despise Teague as well and fall into this dream that we won't know about until 3 or 4 years from now.

Aaron Gordon is now a SF? Please.

Biyombo had the same hype as Dennis and is still barely a NBA player.

Rubio had more hype then Dennis. He is a decent player but will never be a top tier PG in this PG heavy league. He is also more pure than Dennis.

Vesely the SF that went top 5 to Washington has already busted.

The list goes on and on. The stuff these foreign players do to impress hardely ever translates to the league. Dennis will likely never be Gary Payton nor Rondo. He may be Teague or may never be that good. He should be traded without looking back if you can trade Dennis and 15 for 8 and there is something you like there, do it. If you can trade Bebe+Lou+8 for 5, do it. If Utah is considering trading 5 that should be the goal.

Edited by MrMeltdown

Aaron Gordon is now a SF? Please.

Biyombo had the same hype as Dennis and is still barely a NBA player.

Rubio had more hype then Dennis. He is a decent player but will never be a top tier PG in this PG heavy league. He is also more pure than Dennis.

Vesely the SF that went top 5 to Washington has already busted.

The list goes on and on. The stuff these foreign players do to impress hardely ever translates to the league. Dennis will likely never be Gary Payton nor Rondo. He may be Teague or may never be that good. He should be traded without looking back if you can trade Dennis and 15 for 8 and there is something you like there, do it. If you can trade Bebe+Lou+8 for 5, do it. If Utah is considering trading 5 that should be the goal.

So you'd give up 3 first round picks for the #5 pick? Thank God you arent our GM!

He compares himself to Tony Parker and is perfect for this system.

He's got some Parker to him and some poor mans Kidd. He's a better outside shooter than either. May never be as good as either of them but he took a Syracuse team with not a lot of talent and had them unbeaten most of the season as a freshman. Y'all will think I'm crazy but he's going to be the better PG compared with MCW, who's darn good in his own right. But Ennis has the 'IT' factor that you are born with or you aren't.

• Like 1

I doubt this rumor is true but its pure comedy to see all the guys who screamed "we should tank" all season now balk at the idea of trading a guy taken in the middle of the first round in a weak draft for a lottery pick in a much stronger draft. A guy that lost his back up job to a guy who barely beat out Royal Ivey for the 3rd pg job is now untouchable. Hilarious

Exactly! I'm totally confused.

A three way trade with Minnesota and Sacramento (perhaps another team) could possibly land us Love. Sacramento would want Teague or Millsap more than Minnesota.

I'm always down for the three way Love deal..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unless we can package that 8th pick I dont really care for it. There are power forwards slotted there and mcdermott is redundant when we got korver, we need athleticism. 15 is wear all the swingmen will be. We are fine where we are.

Dennis didnt show anything last yr but it was expected at 19 yrs old. He still has elite potential and I can see how some would balk at the idea of trading him.

I compare myself to Lebron.. It must be true, The Hawks should sign me..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Were you the best freshman PG in college basketball last year? Did you have a ridiculous 4:1 assist to turnover ratio as a freshman for a team who was I believe 24-0 at one point? Did one of the greatest college coaches ever say that as a rookie you'll be ready to run an NBA team?

http://www.syracuse.com/orangebasketball/index.ssf/2014/05/syracuse_basketball_coach_jim_boehein_on_tyler_ennis_hes_ready_to_run_an_nba_tea.html

Yea, not a huge fan of Ennis personally.

But as for the topic, I'd only move up to get the 8th if it helped us land Love or someone we REALLY like was there. The 15th pick will have some solid options on it's own.

• Like 1