• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Merged: Kings interested in Dennis Schröder? (Putting #8 pick on trading block)

GameTime

All that said, let me give you your five franchise changers:

#1. Embiid, No doubt about it. He will be the Next Hakeem. His is naturally athletic which is something we haven't seen in a big in a while.

#2. Parker. This guy is a game changer like Kobe.

#3. Exum. Damn, wish we could get this guy. He is a 6'6" offguard who shows skills to do it all.

#4. Randle. I'm sold on this guy. He's not as big as I want but unlike Horf, this guy has goto moves. This may be the real next Karl Malone.

#5. Smart. It's been a while since we've seen a right sized PG who can score at will. His problem will be shooting, but give him to Mark Price and you have yourself a diamond.

#1 I agree if he is healthy. IF HE IS HEALTHY, which nobody is sure of.

#2 There is a chance he could be a game changer offensively, but kobe is/was an elite defender. Parker, by all accounts, is an awful defender. Could this change? Sure, but we have no reason to believe it will for sure.

#3 Sounds great, except that Exum says he is a pg, not an offguard. So...

#4 I have no real opinion on Randle yet and haven't seen enough of him.

#5 The list of players who would be game changers if they could shoot like Mark Price would be gigantic. He doesn't shoot like that now, so I guess we'll see. Imagine if Rondo could shoot like Mark Price or if Bismack Biyombo could shoot like Mark Price.

• Moderators

Here is my comparison to last year:

Randle > Bennett

Parker > Porter

Vonleh > Zeller

Embiid > Lynn

Wiggins > Oladipo

Smart > McLemore

Gordon > Caldwell Pope

Exum ? Noel (lots of unknown on both sides of this one)

Schröder went #17 last year.

The top 8 of this draft is going to be better and it really isn't going to be remotely close.

Randle > Bennett

Parker > Porter

Vonleh > Zeller

Embiid > Lynn

Wiggins > Oladipo

Smart > McLemore

Gordon > Caldwell Pope

The top 8 of this draft is going to be better and it really isn't going to be remotely close.

Of course they'll be better - last seasons draft was horrible.

• Moderators

Of course they'll be better - last seasons draft was horrible.

And Schröder went 17th and did little to distinguish himself last year. He still has the physical specs and passing skills that led to his being selected at 17, but if you were looking to argue this value has risen I think you have to stretch to do it.

So 17 in a "horrible" draft with a low key rookie year becomes way too much to give up for a top 8 pick in a superior draft? Even after looking at our PG depth chart and factoring in the additional year of team control?

And Schröder went 17th and did little to distinguish himself last year. He still has the physical specs and passing skills that led to his being selected at 17, but if you were looking to argue this value has risen I think you have to stretch to do it.

So 17 in a "horrible" draft with a low key rookie year becomes way too much to give up for a top 8 pick in a superior draft? Even after looking at our PG depth chart and factoring in the additional year of team control?

I don't think that his draft position last year should be what determines his only value now - teams actually got to see him play against actual NBA competition (even in limited minutes), that is now what his baseline perceived value should be about.

All it takes is one team that is in need of a PG to determine that he has more value than the PG's in this draft.

Edited by JayBirdHawk

• Moderators

I don't think that his draft position last year should be what determines his only value now - teams actually got to see him play against actual NBA competition (even in limited minutes), that is now what his baseline perceived value should be about.

All it takes is one team that is in need of a PG to determine that he has more value than the PG's in this draft.

That is what we are hearing rumors of in Sacto. That one team that thinks he is worth a top 8 pick. We need to take advantage of them if we can!

For most of the league (and Minnesota especially), I don't think Schröder did much to raise his profile. He came into the season with whispers of potential rookie of the year potential and finished as a rarely used third string PG. Unlike DJ I don't think that strips him of all value, but I certainly don't think teams are pounding the phone lines trying to pry him away either.

• Premium Member

Schröder for 8 is a no brainer to me. I'm in the camp that thinks that he is very talented and hasn't reached his potential, but I feel we are okay with Teague and Mack.

Give us the #8 and #15 picks and it gives us flexibility to move up or to make trades. We can even keep the picks and wind up with our 2 highest picks since we drafted Horford.

I'd never trade Schröder and 15 for 8 unless the guy we absolutely want is sitting there and SAC is willing to trade the pick plus another asset.

As for this draft class..it is a good one but not as good as most thought. There are plenty good players but I don't see anyone that is a clear number one pick that would change your franchise into a true contendor.

• Like 1

That is what we are hearing rumors of in Sacto. That one team that thinks he is worth a top 8 pick. We need to take advantage of them if we can!

For most of the league (and Minnesota especially), I don't think Schröder did much to raise his profile. He came into the season with whispers of potential rookie of the year potential and finished as a rarely used third string PG. Unlike DJ I don't think that strips him of all value, but I certainly don't think teams are pounding the phone lines trying to pry him away either.

Like I said - that happens only if the player DF and Bud wants is available at #8.

Randle > Bennett

Parker > Porter

Vonleh > Zeller

Embiid > Lynn

Wiggins > Oladipo

Smart > McLemore

Gordon > Caldwell Pope

This may be accurate or it may be completely incorrect. Nobody knows yet but these guys are almost all seen as lesser prospects now than they were months ago.

And simply saying these 8 are good still doesn't mean we should just take whatever is leftover. For me Anderson at 15 and keeping Schröder is better than adding a questionable PF who won't see much time for us this year.

• Like 1

• Moderators

This may be accurate or it may be completely incorrect. Nobody knows yet but these guys are almost all seen as lesser prospects now than they were months ago.

And simply saying these 8 are good still doesn't mean we should just take whatever is leftover. For me Anderson at 15 and keeping Schröder is better than adding a questionable PF who won't see much time for us this year.

Wrong decision tree.

It is Anderson at 15 + Randle/Smart/Wiggins/Embiid/Exum/Parker/Vonleh/Gordon or Anderson at 15 + Schröder.

Edited by AHF

• Premium Member

Wrong decision tree.

It is Anderson at 15 + Randle/Smart/Wiggins/Embiid/Exum/Parker/Vonleh/Gordon or Anderson at 15 + Schröder.

I suppose I missed something... the substantive rumor is Schröder for #8 straight-up? Really? If that's true... and I'm still picking up my jaw off the floor, so pardon how slow I am in getting this posted... I'm climbing over to your boat AHF. Did I miss the link to a source on this?

• Like 1

Wrong decision tree.

You're assuming it's Schröder straight up for the 8. I'm highly skeptical of that being the case.

• Like 1

I suppose I missed something... the substantive rumor is Schröder for #8 straight-up? Really? If that's true... and I'm still picking up my jaw off the floor, so pardon how slow I am in getting this posted... I'm climbing over to your boat AHF. Did I miss the link to a source on this?

The rumor was on NBA.COM. All it really said was two things; which most of us caught and viewed as oxymorons.

1-They want to move 8 for a vet and get into the playoffs instead of waiting two - four seasons for a rookie to develop.

2-They liked Schröder a lot last year and if McLemore had been gone would have drafted Dennis. So Schröder for this seasons 8th pick was a mentioned possibility.

The obvious conflict is Dennis is not a vet that will put them in the playoffs next season. Let the rumors fly, and we are still a month away!

• Moderators

That is what was the original speculation:

It was immediately unclear if the Kings have a specific target. But Dennis Schröder, the German point guard firmly behind Jeff Teague on the Hawks depth chart, could come up. Had McLemore been gone at No. 7, Sacramento would have looked hard at Schröder

If you are talking 15 + Schröder for #8 then that is not a slam dunk for me at all.

A lot of people here think Schröder > #8, which is every person who has been fighting my statement that it is a no-brainer for me to pull the trigger on #8 for Schröder. You'll see a wide variety of opinions on people who oppose pulling the trigger on this from "Schröder is better than anyone available there, but I'd trade Teague" to "I would wait until the 7th player is picked and then decide whether to make the trade with the Kings based on who is still left on the board. No trade until we know for sure." (IMO, those two views represent the two extremes on people who would not do this trade today.)

Edited by AHF

You crack me up though saying his shooting is not impressive and at best he could improve to borderline. Funny that Teague has the far uglier shot and was shooting about the same percentages on jumpers that Schröder was until the final month of the season but I don't hear you clamoring to replace him. Only took him 5 years to get his act together to be a guy we believe should be the starter and yet Dennis gets 1 year as the 3rd string PG and you're desperate to replace him.

I just see what I see...it didn't take long to see that Jeff Teague was a tweener who is basically a "matchup guy"...when he has a good matchup he excels...otherwise he doesn't. Teague also put on a few pounds of muscle this year without losing much speed (although still not a true speedster).

Dennis is just a skinny gawky kid who would have played well for UT Chattanooga if he had played in the states. I'm just saying that I'm glad the DF/Bud/ownership dudes got the Euro stuff out of their systems and wasting a couple picks doesn't matter that much. Dennis will be a backup for as long as we keep him...then will be off to Israel.

Contest: Find Dennis Schröder in this list of rookies (from USAToday sports)....there are 29 listed...

1st team:

M. C-W

Victor O.

Trey Burke

Mason Plumlee

Tim Hardaway Jr.

2nd team:

Kelly Olynk

Giannis something or another

G. Deng

Cody Zeller

Steve Adams

Others receiving votes: Ben McLemore, Pero Antić, Nick Calathes, Ryan Kelly, Matthew Dellavedova, Nate Wolters, Ray McCallum, Kentavious Caldwell-Pope, Hollis Thompsom, Tony Snell, Phil Pressey, Anthony Bennett, Reggie Bollock, Robert Covington, Alex Len, C.J. McCollum, Shabazz Muhammad, Andre Roberson, Jeff Withey.

(others received no votes)

-

Edited by DJlaysitup

You guys judging teague after one yr are a joke. Bringing up all rookie teams is dumb, wheb you knew at minimum he was a 2 yr project. No way we can grade him now.

trade teague because his value is at an alltime high and we know what he will be. Dennis can be elite so we should hold on to him.