• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Evan Turner anyone?

JTB

Yeah I just asked that question! Lol

Seriously...I rather go after lance but I'm almost certain his first choice will be to stay with the pacers. So why not Evan Turner?

Evan Turner .....

-25 years young

-he played a lot better in Philly...hard to judge a player on the pacers! George Hill and others were better on other teams before they got Indiana too.

-at ohio state he was a great shooter and actually the best coming in, in his draft class at shooting! Not sure what happened once he got to the nba.

-at the nba level he has become a pretty good slasher which is weird because at Ohio he was a fantastic shooter.

-defensively he's not that bad actually pretty decent of course could be a lot better.

This guy gets a lot of heat as he didn't live up to expectations but I think coach bud and crew could develop this guy and make him a good player for us. Also he shouldn't be that much as his value has dropped greatly since being on the pacers.

What you guys think?

Eeeew - you made my stomach curdle.

There is just something about him - I can't quite grasp what it is.

Edited by JayBirdHawk

Eeeew - you made my stomach curdle.

There is just something about him - I can't quite grasp what it is.

Lol well I think he will be worth the shot! Like @GameTime said he's almost guaranteed a garbage 4-5m contract and I don't see the pacers matching it cause they have to deal with lance.

• Like 1

There are too many other guys I would rather sign than Turner because I can't clearly see what he brings to the table

Much rather him on a 4-5 mill one year deal than a lot of the FA's on multi-year contracts. He is still rather young and has potential (#2 pick in the draft before). Maybe Bud can make him a decent piece to this puzzle.

Edited by GameTime

• Moderators

He sucks. Overrated based on high volume season with the Sixers. He can't shoot, is a turnover machine and can't play defense.

If Ferry really wants him, it has to be on a cheap deal for one year ideally with a team option for future years. I am guessing someone will overpay him based on his overrated stats in Philly and his overrated draft status.

Maybe he can grow into something in the future but he is nothing we want today.

• Moderators

Maybe I wear rose-colored glasses when it comes to Coach Bud, but I believe anything is possible with him as our coach and I believe he could turn Turner's career around and get him back on track. Turner is a solid 15 ppg, 6 rebs, & 4 apg guy. I'd take him on 3 yr/$16.5 mil escalating deal w/ 3rd year as a TO.

Maybe I wear rose-colored glasses when it comes to Coach Bud, but I believe anything is possible with him as our coach and I believe he could turn Turner's career around and get him back on track. Turner is a solid 15 ppg, 6 rebs, & 4 apg guy. I'd take him on 3 yr/$16.5 mil escalating deal w/ 3rd year as a TO.

Your not the only one! I think bud will win his share of COY awards and I have never said that about a hawks coach! I too think he could turn turners career around if given the chance to coach him.

I have faith in Bud too - but he is also not a magician - in a word see Lou Williams - he just didn't seem to fit the offense, the offense stagnated (granted coming off ACL) and we know how he struggles defensively.

I'm not sold on Turner - convince me.

Edited by JayBirdHawk

• Moderators

If Bud can teach people to shoot, play D and protect the ball then why not just have him do that with a cheaper player?

You guys realize that John Jenkins' rookie season would represent career highs for Turner in both WS/48 and PER, right?

What does this guy bring to the table?

Oooh, he is a passer. See his 3.8 ap36 this season? Doesn't that look great next to his 2.8 top36?

He can score! Well, he can't stretch the floor and he hasn't even hit .500 TS% over a single season in his career so far so every shot is negative value but look how often he takes bad shots! Doesn't that add up to points? Lou Williams' terrible season represents more than .050 better than Turner's career high for efficiency.

He can't play D, but he is long enough to learn. I guess age 26 is a good time to learn to play defense.

Turner is going to get significantly overpaid this offseason. Draft a rookie and develop that guy instead for 1/4 of the price. He'll probably be better anyway.

• Premium Member

I really don't know much about him,but if he has an high BBIQ and hard worker-then I say bring him on. I think we have one of the better coaching staff in the league. Look at Great Scott and Silent Mack for starters, Millsap and Teague I don't even have to mention. Horford was developing a corner 3 before the injury.

He sucks. Overrated based on high volume season with the Sixers. He can't shoot, is a turnover machine and can't play defense.

If Ferry really wants him, it has to be on a cheap deal for one year ideally with a team option for future years. I am guessing someone will overpay him based on his overrated stats in Philly and his overrated draft status.

Maybe he can grow into something in the future but he is nothing we want today.

I don't know, the asking price from Philly was a lowly 2nd rounder and they barely eked that out by the skin of their teeth.

If his trade interest is any indication then I think he goes the way of Beasley, Wes Johnson, Xavier Henry etc. Bust picks that GMs only sign to "show me" vet min deals because they actually had their eyes open during the players' rookie deals. Don't worry, you don't have to make a wager with me on that spiteful.gif