• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Can Bebe be our next all star center?

JTB

I understand everything is a process but I'm very interested to know some things about bebe that I'm just completely clueless about. So maybe you guys can help me!

1. Should bebe be on the roster next season or is it still too early?

2. What's bebe's offense game like? We know he can run the floor but what else can the guy do?...any post moves in this kid?

3. Does bebe have any offensive potential to drop atleast 10 points a game THIS season if given the minutes?

4. Though he's still small can he make an impact on defense in the NBA right now with his height? Specifically against bigger centers?

5. Is it safe to say if bebe is brought over he will take on the major role to surely be used on bigger centers we play and horford will be moved to the 4?

I only ask because I don't hear sh*t about bebe and can't find anything on the guy until it's mentioned here. Im sure most of these questions can't be answered just kinda want your input on how good you think bebe is right now and how good he's going to be.

From what I have seen, unless he improves a lot this summer...

1. He can't play important minutes right now, but if we want him to develop, it would be the best that he comes. He could learn the system, add strenght and improve as a player.

2. No moves in the post. But he has something that I like, court vision, very underrated skill. Also he can run the floor very well. He doesn't run a lot for fastbreak points in the ACB (coach's decision I suppose) , but he should in the NBA.

3. No, he can't. Not even 10 rebounds. Do not expect too much this season, he will have a season like Dennis has had.

4. Not against centers. But, he could impact in some plays defending pick & rolls when switching with smaller players and defending the rim.

5. Not this season, but it's the main plan for the future.

But, he is a very good prospect, so let's be patient with him.

• Like 3

Hawks need to bring Bebe over for 2014-15, get him rolling in their fitness/nutrition program, and find him 10 mins/game burn so he can adjust to the speed of the NBA game and get his feet wet. Summer League. D-League a few times. Go ahead and start watching closely to see if he's potentially the next Noah, or the next Petro. Won't take too long to get a sense of that.

Edited by hazer

I am excited about Bebe but I cringe thinking of how we passed up Dieng. Not afraid to admit it looks like I was wrong about Plumlee as he looks like he can play at this level and I'm kinda glad we didn't end up with Olynyk either now that I've seen him play a bit. But Dieng was my #1 choice far and away and seeing him and Adams have such good rookie seasons just burns. Hopefully Bebe ends up being as good or better than those guys but I'm not confident about it.

• Like 1

I don't know squat about bebe other than what you guys are telling me however I have seen some highlights and the guy can really run the floor for a 7 footer!

That's intriguing to me that he can play in a fast pace offense and keep up with guards! Maybe I'm crazy but I think his speed alone can impact the NBA right now...chase down blocks, fast break points, weak side defense will be his signature weapons probably.

I do think he will struggle in half court because of his size though but luckily there aren't many scoring centers.

• Moderators

Watching the videos I can sum up that he can dunk, run, and block shots. The rest of his game is really weak. No shot at all, defensive awareness is pretty weak (and seems there is no defensive 3 seconds in spain), not a good passer.

The comparisons to Noah I think are not good. Noah is seriously athletic, a great passer, really strong, and an elite defender. I don't think bebe will ever be those things. But that doesn't mean he can't be good. He needs a lot of development though and the thing that scares me is there hasn't been a center built physically like this who has excelled in the nba in a while. He's much closer to a small Deke than he is to Garnett because he lacks the athleticism and offensive skills. Maybe he can be Dalembert.

All I can say is please won't somebody teach the kid a hook shot. Why don't these guys learn it anymore. If he mastered the hook he'd be in the nba tomorrow.

• Premium Member

I understand everything is a process but I'm very interested to know some things about bebe that I'm just completely clueless about. So maybe you guys can help me!

1. Should bebe be on the roster next season or is it still too early?

2. What's bebe's offense game like? We know he can run the floor but what else can the guy do?...any post moves in this kid?

3. Does bebe have any offensive potential to drop atleast 10 points a game THIS season if given the minutes?

4. Though he's still small can he make an impact on defense in the NBA right now with his height? Specifically against bigger centers?

5. Is it safe to say if bebe is brought over he will take on the major role to surely be used on bigger centers we play and horford will be moved to the 4?

I only ask because I don't hear sh*t about bebe and can't find anything on the guy until it's mentioned here. Im sure most of these questions can't be answered just kinda want your input on how good you think bebe is right now and how good he's going to be.

1. Yes

2. Put backs, alley oops, fast break dunks

3. Maybe,but his role will be rim protector and rebounder....like a 8.7ppg -10.6rpg-2.4 bpg type of player at first.

4. Yes. Can alter shots with his length.....plus will have the help of Horford and Millsap.

5. Not at first. He will be brought along slowly, but will be matched up with the longer players of the league until he's apart of the rotation.

I would be happy if Bebe has a Camby-like game. Body- wise they appear similar to me. I'm not saying Bebe will be Canby statistically, but I think his game will look like what Camby brought: energy, shot blocking and good rebounding.

Nbadraft.net's final mock draft of 2013 had Bebe in the 12th slot. Those guys seem to know their stuff. We got him in the late teens. Obviously scouts had seen his talent. I think we definitely need to bring him over this year. I think Bud will do wonders for his game. Also, he has a nice stroke from 12-18 feet out. I didn't think he had an outside touch.

Edited by Spud2Nique

1. Yes

2. Put backs, alley oops, fast break dunks

3. Maybe,but his role will be rim protector and rebounder....like a 8.7ppg -10.6rpg-2.4 bpg type of player at first.

4. Yes. Can alter shots with his length.....plus will have the help of Horford and Millsap.

5. Not at first. He will be brought along slowly, but will be matched up with the longer players of the league until he's apart of the rotation.

My man if he is averaging 8ppg an 10rpg straight outta Spain then he should be inducted to the HOF....Jk but still if he does average that I'd be one happy camper!

• Moderators

Nbadraft.net's final mock draft of 2013 had Bebe in the 12th slot. Those guys seem to know their stuff. We got him in the late teens. Obviously scouts had seen his talent. I think we definitely need to bring him over this year. I think Bud will do wonders for his game. Also, he has a nice stroke from 12-18 feet out. I didn't think he had an outside touch.

He was the #15 pick. Same as our pick this year.

He was the #15 pick. Same as our pick this year.

No he was actually the 16th pick in the actual draft but in the final mock of NBA.net he was projected to go 12th. The actual 15th pick was the Greek Freak Giannis A.

• Moderators

No he was actually the 16th pick in the actual draft but in the final mock of NBA.net he was projected to go 12th. The actual 15th pick was the Greek Freak Giannis A.

You are right. Mid-teens.