• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Danny Ferry missed on the #1 rule to getting a superstar, you must have one already

NBASupes

It's the truth. You must have one already. This whole idea of building a team is pointless, we are f***ing Malcolm in the middle. No superstar, no chance at one. Ferry needs to move Horford for a top 3 1st but who bulging. Trade him for less and you shouldn't have traded him at all. We are f***ed as usual. I don't have to time to stress over this team. I hate the middle, it feels like a you took a L Michael Jackson "Startin Something" song. It's like we don't get it. Everyone else gets it but us. Smh. Look at Milwaukee. Their future is so f***ing bright with Parker and Giannis. Shit!

Koonin wasted his money. I wasted my time.

Edited by nbasupes40retired

I keep hearing about the Spurs but they have a lot more talent and Tim Duncan who is a once in a generational talent. The Hawks don't have that. They have one legit All Star, one fringe All Star who plays a loaded NBA position, and one good player. This team isn't even anywhere near as talented as our BK teams. Ferry can't build a team this way. We are just running around in a circle playing grab ass and trying to fool people. We aren't going to gain any fans when everyone knows aren't that good. We have the perfect squad for a superstar but how do we get one. This is like the age old question we had during the Iso-Joe years. All, you add Melo to our nucleus or Lebron, we can win it all with ease...

It's hard to say getting CP3 would have helped, him and Josh Smith aren't an exact fit and this was before Horford as well. I can't even compare Horf to Buck Williams, he even had a f***ing PG at one time. We got a bitchass f***ing SG who has limited vision unless he's slashing named Jeff f***ing Teague. I hate this f***ing team. They never seem to build shit right. Always never the right fit and when they have the right fit, never enough talent. I would give just to see us in Indiana position. But shit, we are f***ing Atlanta.

The best thing I've heard: "Nobody trying to go to the damn Hawks"

You f***ing wonder why all of your city fans support stars and not the Hawks, because you are f***ing dumb, you don't try to win. You don't make winning moves. Signing Paul Millsap is not a winning move when you have a f***ing better PF who isn't a center anyway but you can place him there even when he gets hurt and it's your f***ing fault. f*** this organization. I have never seen an organization try so hard to be so f***ing average. You should have f***ing tanked.

Flexibility? You do realize Houston wouldn't have done shit without having multiple lotto picks and OKC being the dumbest team ever trading a star because they don't want to pay the tax. Since then teams adjusted. Even Minny is about to trade their star for a proven potential stud. No one wants draft picks unless it's in the top 5 for studs. No one. The game done change, people learn from mistakes and want more for their assets. You have to adjust with it. This organization is f***ed.

"It's Too High To Get Over (Yeah, Yeah) Too Low To Get Under (Yeah, Yeah) You're Stuck In The Middle (Yeah, Yeah) And The Pain Is Thunder (Yeah, Yeah)"

Go sign a washed up Deng to an overpriced contract. Go swing and miss on Hayward, Monroe, Bosh who doesn't fit what we need, Parsons who isn't even worth shit to me anyway, and others. Watch Wade go to Charlotte. Go talk about doing it the right way and finish second to last in the division but get a 6th seed talking about chemistry and shit. Go watch Orlando add young talents and blossom from a lotto team to a contender in three years. f***ing idiots. Milwaukee did it the right way. You have completely did it the wrong way. You aren't getting it.

Look at f***ing Milwaukee:

Knight who they can easily flip

Mayo who they can upgrade. His contract like Jeff's is reasonable.

Giannis

Jabari

Larry Sanders

or

Knight

Giannis

Jabari

Henson

Sanders which is unlikely due to them wanting to use two scoring bigs. On top of that, they have caproom for a 12 million this year. Damn!

Coach Bud will jump ASAP to go back to San Antonio in a year or two to coach Parker, Leonard and the gang. This is just a stepping stone job for Coach Bud. You can't win here. Horf will leave to be on a contender as you never decided to get a PG with any f***ing PG skills. f*** you Ferry!

You are preaching to the choir. We all know we are not where we want to be. Getting mad isn't going to fix anything.

And as far as the whole tanking thing goes, we can easily become Orlando or Milwaukee or Philly. If Ferry decides whatever direction he's going in is the wrong one, he can EASILY pull the plug and tank with the rest of them. But who have we missed on in the draft that was so good we should have dropped everything for?

You are preaching to the choir. We all know we are not where we want to be. Getting mad isn't going to fix anything.

And as far as the whole tanking thing goes, we can easily become Orlando or Milwaukee or Philly. If Ferry decides whatever direction he's going in is the wrong one, he can EASILY pull the plug and tank with the rest of them. But who have we missed on in the draft that was so good we should have dropped everything for?

We really can't tank. Our coach is too good. If we had LD, we could but not anymore. We are stuck till Coach Bud leaves.

That's why I think we need to trade Jeff ASAP for a lotto pick and look into potential Horford deals that net us a very high pick. If we can't get one, keep him and try get a legit PG. Someone who can run the PnR or even get a stud like Marcus Smart who can score and be a superstar.

Dennis is really gonna have to improve because right now, I am looking at him like a bitch. He was so horrible at times passing the ball. The elite court vision is there and the reads are there but he needs to get it all together, if he does. We are good at PG from now to 2026.

Ya'll do realize there a major shortage at SF. They will command a premium if they are good or better. This isn't PF or PG, where just about everyone has one.

We really can't tank. Our coach is too good. If we had LD, we could but not anymore. We are stuck till Coach Bud leaves.

While he makes any situation better, I don't think Bud can put any team in the playoffs. If we were to actually tank, I'd would like to think everyone from the front office to the coaching staff would be on the same page about giving younger more playing time when it's obvious your team is going nowhere.

To be honest I'm fine whatever direction we go from here whether it's tanking or remaining competitive. I still think we should remain competitive in the short term, but I feel that this free agency is going to remind me why this is a players'league.

Edited by nathan2331

While he makes any situation better, I don't think Bud can put any team in the playoffs. If we were to actually tank, I'd would like to think everyone from the front office to the coaching staff would be on the same page about giving younger more playing time when it's obvious your team is going nowhere.

He put the Hawks in the playoffs last year. Without Horf, this was a bottom five roster. No lie, it was that bad.

I agree, but don't forget, it was also bottom five in payroll.

Payroll doesn't make you better, it's the talent on the payroll. I was thinking, if Utah is at #5 and has Embiid, maybe just maybe #5 and Enes Kanter for Horford and another player.

Quin Synder knows Al's game, has the right PG and they can use him the right way. We can get Embiid, sit him for a year, get an extra 1st as well. That's a deal I wouldn't mind.

The draft nor free agency have even started and people are already acting like it's the end of the world.

I expected the worst because the best never seems possible for this organization. The best guys to predict this team would be idiots. They know how to make terrible ideas and keep the status quo. 

Sign over the hill Deng. We can never sign guys in their prime, they have to be regressing and shit unless it's a role player like DMC or a total overpay like Joe. 

Someone with championship aspirations like me are horrible for predicting for this team. 

• Premium Member

Payroll doesn't make you better, it's the talent on the payroll. I was thinking, if Utah is at #5 and has Embiid, maybe just maybe #5 and Enes Kanter for Horford and another player.

Quin Synder knows Al's game, has the right PG and they can use him the right way. We can get Embiid, sit him for a year, get an extra 1st as well. That's a deal I wouldn't mind.

Your plan gives us two questionable bigs.  Kanter is suffering from tendenitis and Embiid might be Mr. Glass.  I like Embiid but there's a whole lot of red flags... I don't know if I would send away Horf for that package.

Your plan gives us two questionable bigs.  Kanter is suffering from tendenitis and Embiid might be Mr. Glass.  I like Embiid but there's a whole lot of red flags... I don't know if I would send away Horf for that package.

I see it like this. Embiid can be a superstar or he could be Danny Manning. I ain't really got shit positive to say about Kanter. His numbers look good at times but his impact is usually negative. Maybe it's the system, who knows but he really doesn't do the little things although he played well with Sap when Sap was in Utah so that's a positive. 

I expected the worst because the best never seems possible for this organization. The best guys to predict this team would be idiots. They know how to make terrible ideas and keep the status quo. 

Sign over the hill Deng. We can never sign guys in their prime, they have to be regressing and shit unless it's a role player like DMC or a total overpay like Joe. 

Someone with championship aspirations like me are horrible for predicting for this team. 

Free agency hasn't even started.  Why are you so certain of Melo going out West anyway?  If I am Melo, I'm not going anywhere near the West.  The West is already the dominant conference and we saw the Mavs and Pelicans improve yesterday.

and let's say Melo does go out West and Miami doesn't improve much from where they ended the season.  I like our chances to make a run at the ECF this year.  That will get plenty of people noticing us and we will have plenty of cap space in 2015 to take advantage of that.

and let's say Melo does go out West and Miami doesn't improve much from where they ended the season.  I like our chances to make a run at the ECF this year.  That will get plenty of people noticing us and we will have plenty of cap space in 2015 to take advantage of that.

We are still clearly behind Chicago, Indy, and Washington is improving. Charlotte makes a move and watch it. 

It's the truth. You must have one already. This whole idea of building a team is pointless, we are f***ing Malcolm in the middle. No superstar, no chance at one. Ferry needs to move Horford for a top 3 1st but who bulging. Trade him for less and you shouldn't have traded him at all. We are f***ed as usual. I don't have to time to stress over this team. I hate the middle, it feels like a you took a L Michael Jackson "Startin Something" song. It's like we don't get it. Everyone else gets it but us. Smh. Look at Milwaukee. Their future is so f***ing bright with Parker and Giannis. Shit!

Koonin wasted his money. I wasted my time.

You sure do spend a lot of time here to have such an attitude.

• Like 4