• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Ferry is getting it. Look at this size he's drafted

Admin

Tavares - 7'3

Bebe - 7'0

Moose - 6'11

Payne - 6'10

We have some legit size on this team if these guys develop. Gotta love that in 2 years Ferry has drafted so much size and athleticism after years of us begging for it.  Horford's gotta be thrilled with that right? 

• Like 1

• Moderators

Horford will be thrilled when one is ready to start at C.  Until then, he will probably dislike that we have another PF to clog up the spot where he wants to play.  

• Like 1

Horford will be thrilled when one is ready to start at C.  Until then, he will probably dislike that we have another PF to clog up the spot where he wants to play.  

I don't think it will be a problem.  I'm not even ready to believe that Horford will be healthy for us anyway. 

• Moderators

I love it.  AP can play 4 or 5, same with Moose.  Bebe and Tavares are centers, but Tavares is a project and will be stashed.  AP can have Brand's spot, Bebe can have Ayón's.  Pero finishes out his contract.

Payne can contribute NOW rather than later.  This draft wasn't what I was expecting, but overall I'm happy.

• Like 2

Since DF has been here - we've drafted in the 1st round: SG, PG, C and a now PF - I don't get the BK similarities at all - I call that a reach.

What I'm thinking is wings are easier to come by through trade and free agency, whereas the centre are harder to come by. I'm all for Ferrys recent picks. Hopefully Bebe takes Brand and Ayón's minutes whilst Payne gets some playing time. Ship Moose out again and wait for Tavares to mature overseas

• Premium Member

I love it.  AP can play 4 or 5, same with Moose.  Bebe and Tavares are centers, but Tavares is a project and will be stashed.  AP can have Brand's spot, Bebe can have Ayón's.  Pero finishes out his contract.

Payne can contribute NOW rather than later.  This draft wasn't what I was expecting, but overall I'm happy.

Well said.  Seen Payne described as a "stretch 4" quite a bit because people are used to that terminology, but Hawks' fans should know better.  Like Pero, Payne will be used as a "stretch 5" at times in Bud's system.

While there is some redundancy of skills between Payne and Scott, the real overlap is between Pero and Payne. Oh, and Pero's contract isn't fully guaranteed until mid-July, I think.

• Like 2

Well said.  Seen Payne described as a "stretch 4" quite a bit because people are used to that terminology, but Hawks' fans should know better.  Like Pero, Payne will be used as a "stretch 5" at times in Bud's system.

While there is some redundancy of skills between Payne and Scott, the real overlap is between Pero and Payne. Oh, and Pero's contract isn't fully guaranteed until mid-July, I think.

Pero was more of a stretch four to be honest when he was signed. I think playing the five is what got him hurt but he can't really defend fours so I guess he would be a NBA 5. 

Correct.............I think we renounce him to save about $1 mill in cap space if BeBe stays this year.

Give those minutes to Payne and BeBe.

If BeBe goes back to Spain then I assume we pick up the option year on Antić's contract.

Edited by coachx

Well said. Seen Payne described as a "stretch 4" quite a bit because people are used to that terminology, but Hawks' fans should know better. Like Pero, Payne will be used as a "stretch 5" at times in Bud's system.

Oh wow I haven't seen a post from you since 2011...lol

I see ghost people @mrhonline