• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

DF "We will be looking for a wing" - edited to fix what was said

Brotha2ThaNite

I heard a report on 92.9 the game early this morning saying Danny said he will be looking for a SG in Free Agent.

Did anyone else hear of Danny saying this. If so, is there a link of this quote?

Because if this is true...  Lance Stephenson is the only one I can see.

Would those who was upset at the trade be okay if we got Lance Stephenson?

I heard a report on 92.9 the game early this morning saying Danny said he will be looking for a SG in Free Agent.

Did anyone else hear of Danny saying this. If so, is there a link of this quote?

Because if this is true...  Lance Stephenson is the only one I can see.

Would those who was upset at the trade be okay if we got Lance Stephenson?

From a basketball perspective yes I'd be fine with it as Stephenson is a very good talent who'd make us significantly better. 

From a human standpoint heck no. We trade away a community leader (Lou) for a woman beater. 

After a while I'm sure I'd cheer for him but it would take a while for me to get over that fact. 

• Like 2

• Premium Member

I'm in the club that says he's going to try to go get Parsons.

I'm also reminded that, with all the talk about LeBron maybe leaving MIA, it's somewhat forgotten that Wade could also leave MIA.

• Admin

Lance hit a woman?

I missed that.

Thabo Sefolosha could be a cheap SG too. But... how much would he make us better?

...not at all....he is one dimensional...that one dimension is defense but he is horrible on the offensive end.  We already have DMC we don't need Thabo...

• Like 1

Pushed his gf down the stairs and was convicted of the crime in college.

Not sure he was convicted. Charged I think, charges may have been dropped.

I'm in the club that says he's going to try to go get Parsons.

I'm also reminded that, with all the talk about LeBron maybe leaving MIA, it's somewhat forgotten that Wade could also leave MIA.

I doubt Wade leaves Miami.

I think there is a better chance that Wade returns to Miami than both Lebron and Bosh.

Unless the Heat are ready to move on from Wade, it is great chance that he will be back with the Heat for the near future.

Edited by DawnOfThemBirds

Not sure he was convicted. Charged I think, charges may have been dropped.

You're right the charges were "dropped" just after he was drafted and had money in his pocket. 

Sorry the story isn't that he pushed her down the stairs, it's that he "slammed his baby's mama's head into the stairs". 

He also pleaded guilty in another case of sexual assault after being arrested for groping a 17 year old minor. 

• Like 1

don't forget Granger

I put a fork in Granger last off season.

You're right the charges were "dropped" just after he was drafted and had money in his pocket. 

Sorry the story isn't that he pushed her down the stairs, it's that he "slammed his baby's mama's head into the stairs". 

He also pleaded guilty in another case of sexual assault after being arrested for groping a 17 year old minor. 

Wonder if he blew in her ear too.

• Like 2

You have your timeline wrong.  The Incident with his girlfriend occurred after he was already drafted and was dismissed the next year.  And the alleged pushing down the stairs occurred with the slamming of the head, that's one event.  17 is not a minor in New York state and doubt it matters because he was in high school himself when that incident occurred and copped to the plea deal not the original charge.

If I didn't know better I'd say you are trying to frame him in a worse light than what actually happened.

You have your timeline wrong.  The Incident with his girlfriend occurred after he was already drafted and was dismissed the next year.  And the alleged pushing down the stairs occurred with the slamming of the head, that's one event.  17 is not a minor in New York state and doubt it matters because he was in high school himself when that incident occurred and copped to the plea deal not the original charge.

If I didn't know better I'd say you are trying to frame him in a worse light than what actually happened.

I don't need to frame him, just didn't take the time to look up the dates but the point still stands. And it doesn't mean that he didn't pay off his gf to drop the charges that could have gotten him 12 years in prison. 

Williams, 21, with whom Stephenson has a child, told cops that he pushed her down 10 steps and she struck her head.

She was taken to Coney Island Hospital with head and neck injuries.

“While [Williams] was laying at the bottom of … stairs, the defendant picked up [her] head and slammed informant’s head on the bottom step,” according to court papers.

When police arrived, prosecutors said Stephenson, 19, told them Williams had fallen down the stairs.

Stephenson was charged with two counts of assault — one of which is a felony — two counts of menacing and one count of harassment, authorities said. He is due back in court Oct. 19.

The felony carries a minimum sentence of seven years in prison. If Stephenson is convicted on all counts, he could face 12 years behind bars.

No problem you're right that's not a minor there. Let me correct and say it was against a high school girl. 

Lance Stephenson was arrested along with his basketball teammate Darwin Ellis and an unnamed minor last October after a 17 year old female student at his school claimed to have been sexually assaulted. Stephenson has been charged with sexual abuse in the third degree, forcible touching, menacing and harassment after groping the girl’s breast and buttocks. The girl tried to fight back in self defense but was also told to shut up or they would “slap the hell” out of her the next time she attempted to defend herself by hitting him.

Read more at http://www.inquisitr.com/24977/lance-stephenson-arrested-oct08-charged-with-sexual-abuse/#AGyHgfZsuaODLg5J.99