• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Are you happy with the trade if...

Admin

Are you happy with the trade if...  

56 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Premium Member

I actually don't believe his injury had anything to do with Danny trading Bebe. From the outside looking in there's only one reason why we would get rid of a young talent like Bebe and it's fit.

I don't think Bebe fit the culture that Danny and Coach Bud want to have in the Hawks lockeroom. From the outside looking in he seemed like a me guy. It started after he was drafted and was asked to go back to overseas to play. He complained about having to go back. He quit on his team in Europe because of knee tendenitis. He left without the teams permission and came to the US to rehab.

Again we've gotten rid of a much more talented head case in Josh Smith why wouldn't they get rid of Bebe? This is the Spurs way. They got rid of Stephen Jackson when they really could of used him back in the day. If you're going to play for them you're going to be team first or your out the door. People that don't fit culturally or scheme wise better watch out.

The thing that pisses me off most about this is Dieng was a good cultural and scheme fit, but I think maintaining cap space weighed in that decision.

The more I read your post, the more I think you could be right.

• Premium Member

Let's call it like it is.

We built up shrines for Bebe but Bebe was just a project C.  That's why we never brought him over.   He was a stash.  So, in essence, we traded a project C in order to get rid of Lou Will's contract.  I like Lou Will, but he didn't work for what we were trying to do here.   We saw that in the playoffs.  He may have a good season with  Toronto.  They need some Lowry insurance.

Just getting word of the trade. Apparently I didn't have my sports center app allowing Hawks news reports.

Anyway I am a little confused with the trade. So I can't necessarily be happy or mad about this deal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Bebe hating on here to take the sting away from trading him is pointless. We should have never traded an asset. Watch the SL and if you see him shining, every single one of us will eat dirt for it who talked reckless about him.

Of course if we got Melo or Bron, it's a great move.

If we get Deng and trade for Lin, it's a great move.

If we get Gortat and Deng, it's a great move.

But if we just get Deng and just Mack, f* Ferry and f* him extremely hard.

Get a SF, that's a need but it locks us into 4th seed. You better upgrade Jeff and get a PG who can run PnR's at an extremely high clip as well as can shoot threes consistently.

• Like 1

The Bebe hating on here to take the sting away from trading him is pointless. We should have never traded an asset. Watch the SL and if you see him shining, every single one of us will eat dirt for it who talked reckless about him.

Get a SF, that's a need but it locks us into 4th seed. You better upgrade Jeff and get a PG who can run PnR's at an extremely high clip as well as can shoot threes consistently.

You say upgrade point guard. What if we only get deng but dennis makes a huge leap next yr? From the summer league thread it looks like he's worked on that frame Edited by skimaskway23

Lin is not an upgrade from Teague, system or no system. But otherwise yeah, I agree with you.
  • Like 1

The more I read your post, the more I think you could be right.

It's the only scenario that makes sense. I think Dolfan is right about the work ethic too. It all comes back to creating the right culture. From NBA draft.net

Weaknesses: The big knock against Lucas "Bebe" is that he is lazy ... Sources around the team claim that he is a little bit difficult to deal with and already has a star's attitude ... Nothing can derail a promising career faster than a kid not willing to put the work in, so for Lucas, keeping his head on straight, continuing to work hard and focusing on his development is crucial if he's going to realize his vast potential

• Like 1