• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Pacers low balling Lance Stephenson

coachx

Celtics resign Bradley to a 4yr/32 mil deal. Average of 8 per.

Lance is def getting low balled at an average of 8.8 per.

Bingo!...like lance or not he has elite defense, decent 3ball and can attack the rim with his linebacker like body frame and he's young!

I would give him a 3 year 32mil deal and be overly satisfied! 4 year 43mil is also doable.

Edited by JTB

From a basketball standpoint, of course I want Lance! Heck of a talented player who can shoot, slash, create his own shot, and is also a good passer. He's still young (turns 24 in early September) and would instantly be our starting SG.

Would he be able to focus on just playing the game and not flirting with the opponent's best player though? Maybe, maybe not. He's still young though and if Ferry/Bud feel like they can get the best out of him then why not.

I'd take the gamble on Lance. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Lance doesn't fit the mold of a Ferry/Bud player. His skills are off the charts though. This team needs a guy like Stephenson. A player with emotion and tenacity on the floor. He could ruffle some feathers on the opposing team. If he can bottle his emotions and hold back any outbursts he will be awesome. I want Lance!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

^this.. Spurs took Stephen Jackson twice didnt they? He was a hothead and spurs got rid of him his first stint for that

Bingo!...like lance or not he has elite defense, decent 3ball and can attack the rim with his linebacker like body frame and he's young!

I would give him a 3 year 32mil deal and be overly satisfied! 4 year 43mil is also doable.

His own teammate GHill is making $8mil.

Lance doesn't fit the mold of a Ferry/Bud player. His skills are off the charts though. This team needs a guy like Stephenson. A player with emotion and tenacity on the floor. He could ruffle some feathers on the opposing team. If he can bottle his emotions and hold back any outbursts he will be awesome. I want Lance!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I disagree. People forget that Pop/Bud took on Stephen Jackson multiple times even knowing that he had locker room and other issues and that didn't stop them. Lance is no worse (basketball wise) than Jax was, so I don't see any reason why that would hold Ferry back here. 

• Like 1

Not so fast my friend.

GMing 101. Never lose talent for nothing.

Indy may have lowballed him to get him on a good contract to trade him by Dec 15th? That's what I would do. Only fool GMs let talent walk for nothing!!! There is really no addition by subtraction... not in a world where you can get Draft picks.

1. They can't force him to sign in Indy

2. Why would he sign there when he could arguably get more?

3. If no one wants to give him what he is worth now and lose nothing but cap space , why would they want to give up draft picks to get him later?

^this.. Spurs took Stephen Jackson twice didnt they? He was a hothead and spurs got rid of him his first stint for that

You're kinda contradicting yourself there. If you're agreeing with Alex but also saying the Spurs got rid of Jax but took him twice, your point is getting muddled. 

• Admin

I don't think Lance is playing with a full deck.

His teammates were mixed on having him back.  That says something right there.  For all of his talent and how he helps that team to win he also got a much smaller contract offer.

Bird was quoted as saying he will pay Lance what he is worth and deserves.  He must be something to deal with behind the scenes.  

Dude must be a complete locker room tool.. wow

If he was a 100% tool, they would not offer him anything. Like we did Josh, remember. We paid Korver 6 million over four years and Jeff Teague 8 million over four years. 44 million over five years is more than both of our valuable free agents from last year.

I think Bird is trying to get Lance for fair market value. The Wizards met with Ariza also, and he has not signed anything yet. These are two guys that have a strong chance to move for two reasons:

1-They both have needed and proven skill sets; so they will get solid offers.

2-They are both on teams that could be skirting the luxury tax with one more longterm signing.

this offseason role players are getting overpaid.

Avery Bradley got 8 mil per

Jodie Meeks got 6 mil per.

Gortat got 12 mil per (I can understand this because he is a big).

I expect lance to demand atleast 12mil or maybe even more if someone is willing to offer him that

Edited by yungsta

• Premium Member

You're kinda contradicting yourself there. If you're agreeing with Alex but also saying the Spurs got rid of Jax but took him twice, your point is getting muddled.

Sorry my brain is kinda muddled. At the airport right now trying to multitask lol

• Like 1

That Pacers aren't dumb.  They know all there is to know about the guy and are JSmoove-ing him.  Shouldn't that tell us something.

The Pacers aren't dumb?

This is the same franchise that was flat out cruising in mid-January with the best record in the league, but decided to completely break up the chemistry of the team with the Danny Granger trade for Evan Turner . . which was a complete disaster.  Then they brought in Bynum, which caused the initial decline in Hibbert.   

Those two moves turned the Pacers from the best team in the East, to a team that was barely over .500 after the All-Star break.   Had they had simply kept Granger, they may have taken out the Heat.  But they got too smart for themselves, and messed their entire team up.

And I hope they do it again by lowballing Lance,  They lose Lance, and that team falls out of the top 3 in the East.

And if we get Lance, we may catapult into the top 3 behind Miami and Chicago.

• Like 1

Celtics resign Bradley to a 4yr/32 mil deal. Average of 8 per.

Lance is def getting low balled at an average of 8.8 per.

Wow . . . if Bradley gets 4/32 . . . there you go.   No way can Lance or his agent accept a deal anywhere near that, unless teams just flat out don't want him.

I'm afraid the Lakers may make a play for the kid, after they lose in the Carmelo Anthony chase.  Once Melo signs, the dominoes will fall for some of these other top level free agents.   Parsons, Deng, Hayward, and Stephenson will all be quickly signed once Melo decides where he wants to go.

Giving a mentally fragile, 13ppg guy a huge deal?

This smells like looking back and thinking "Wow did they (whomever inevitably pays him) over-pay".

If this guy was that good, the Pacers would be falling over themselves to get him signed. Instead they are giving a "hey look, we tried."

• Like 1

this offseason role players are getting overpaid.

Avery Bradley got 8 mil per

Jodie Meeks got 6 mil per.

Gortat got 12 mil per (I can understand this because he is a big).

I expect lance to demand atleast 12mil or maybe even more if someone is willing to offer him that

This is why that owners lockout a few years ago meant absolutely nothing.   They focused so much on these top level contracts, that they don't even realize that it's actually the mid-level contracts that actually kill teams.   Those are the guys that can quickly decline in a blink of an eye, and almost make their contracts untradeable.   

Bradley is a good player . . . but 8 million a year good?   When you also have Marcus Smart on the team, who should probably be the starter at the 1 or the 2, from Day 1? ( depending on what they do with Rondo )

Giving a mentally fragile, 13ppg guy a huge deal?

This smells like looking back and thinking "Wow did they (whomever inevitably pays him) over-pay".

If this guy was that good, the Pacers would be falling over themselves to get him signed. Instead they are giving a "hey look, we tried."

Not if they've got 65 million or so already in committed contracts and aren't willing to pay the luxury tax. I can see why they'd be trying to get him as cheap as possible. 

• Like 1

This is why that owners lockout a few years ago meant absolutely nothing.   They focused so much on these top level contracts, that they don't even realize that it's actually the mid-level contracts that actually kill teams.   Those are the guys that can quickly decline in a blink of an eye, and almost make their contracts untradeable.   

Bradley is a good player . . . but 8 million a year good?   When you also have Marcus Smart on the team, who should probably be the starter at the 1 or the 2, from Day 1? ( depending on what they do with Rondo )

You can't fix stupid GMing via setting rules. But I'm thankful there are so many dumb GMs out there as they keep their teams in the gutter. 

• Like 2