• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Deng Nabbit: Luol Wanting More than Hawks are Offering

PSSSHHHRRR87

• Moderators

Sounds like Deng is interested in the Hawks, but only if the price is right... which is more than the Hawks are offering.  It's speculated that we offered him the same contract that we offered Pau; $11 mil and change/yr.  As others have said, I'd rather offer Stephenson $9.5 mil/yr or Turner $4.5 mil/yr.

Edited by PSSSHHHRRR87
  • Like 1

Guest BraveHawk

I thought Deng was supposed to be off the market (S&T to the Bulls?)?  If not, I hope the Hawks still try to sign him within reason.  

If you had to choose a player to pay $13 mil/yr, would you chose Pau or Deng?

Pau. Move Horf to the 4 and Sap to the 3. If a banged up worn out high mileage Deng can play SF, so can Sap. A front court of Gasol, Horf, and Sap would be sick.

Guest BraveHawk

If you had to choose a player to pay $13 mil/yr, would you chose Pau or Deng?

That would be a tough decision for me but I think I would take Gasol.

Clever title pssshhrrr! I doubt we get Deng, he's about to go to the Heat. Deng it!

LOuL !! or LOL...I'm glad I wasn't the only one mixed up by it and wondering how Lou Williams could demand anything after we shipped him (and a 1st rounder)  out for cap space.  line%20dance.gif

• Moderators

I figured out a way to beat the system. lol  Clever, witty titles while making it easy to tell what the thread is about. lol

You've raised the bar so high the bar is afraid to look down.

• Like 3

Wasn't there a group of fans bashing Ferry if he even was thinking about offering Deng a lot of $$$ over X amount of years? Shouldn't those fans be praising Ferry for doing what they wanted? Or have they moved on to complaining about not signing anyone "name" worthy yet?

Gasol. Perfect fit for our team. Great passer. Legit big. High character and IQ.

Yeah would be great if we can sign him...would really may our hawks a legit ECF contender. But I think he's going to go to Chicago unfortunately for us.

Greg Monroe anybody?....let's give him a deal that the pistons can't match.

Wasn't there a group of fans bashing Ferry if he even was thinking about offering Deng a lot of $$$ over X amount of years? Shouldn't those fans be praising Ferry for doing what they wanted? Or have they moved on to complaining about not signing anyone "name" worthy yet?

Pretty sure I was chairman of that group not wanting to overpay and I'm still happy Ferry isn't going to overpay him. I just hope he didn't actually offer him 11 million.

• Like 1

I prefer that we don't go over the cap.  Deng is in decline and Gasol, while great, isn't worth 13 to 15 mil a yr.  Especially since he's a Power Forward and we need a Center.  So no dice.  While Everyone else is losing their minds in FA, lets just wait for next year when Brook Lopez, Omer Asik, DeAndre Jordan, Kevin Love  and tians like MARC GASOL and Lamarcus Aldridge are unrestricted and available.  For SF I would LOVE Dorell Wright 6' 9" .364 3pt avg or Westley Matthews or both.  Next year will be the year we can improve and have about 20 mil under the cap.