• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks re-engaged on Deng [Updated: Signs with Heat 2 yrs 20 million]

GameTime

Yes but he should realize that no one will offer him a 15M contract like Parsons....

I suppose that he wants to wait until Houston match the offer for Parsons and see how much Dallas offers him

That is my guess also. It sounds like he's more interested in going to Miami but wants more money. He's probably looking at them offering a 30 year old Bosh a 5yr/$118 mil, an average of $23 mill per and so he wants more.

Seems like he's leveraging teams to force Miami to offer him more.

A GM gets paid good money to upgrade the roster. This summer in particular was important because we pushed Indy to 7 games. So far Ferry has only been able to sign 2 backup players to deals. He has not done his job and to say it's not his fault is being quite naive. It's all his fault.

He is no different than the GMs that preceded him.

We pushed Indy to 7games WITHOUT arguably our best player Al Horford. 

Do Hawks Fans really understand the concept of winning or basketball?  Our best chance at winning is building a team with depth, although i hate the Spurs b/c their style of play is really not flashy. Aside from Tony Parker speed, ability to get to the basketball everyone else is pretty much fundamentally strong, knows their role and execute it effectively. 

• Like 1

Do Hawks Fans really understand the concept of winning or basketball? Our best chance at winning is building a team with depth, although i hate the Spurs b/c their style of play is really not flashy. Aside from Tony Parker speed, ability to get to the basketball everyone else is pretty much fundamentally strong, knows their role and execute it effectively.

Are we ignoring that they have a top 5 all time PF

An MVP level PG

And the best sixth man in the NBA?

Sure they're deep, but they have just as much prime time talent as everyone else. Unless you can keep Horford and Teague under 20 million for their entire careers, it's going to be near impossible to build a Spurs roster

• Like 2

• Moderators

Do Hawks Fans really understand the concept of winning or basketball? Our best chance at winning is building a team with depth, although i hate the Spurs b/c their style of play is really not flashy. Aside from Tony Parker speed, ability to get to the basketball everyone else is pretty much fundamentally strong, knows their role and execute it effectively.

Hawk fans are very familiar with first/second round exit winning. Will likely be more familiar with it unless Ferry pulls off something off the radar.

Not that I have anything against a guy who's trying to get the most money he can, but when a guy has a significant amount of mileage on him and he's closing in on 30 that scares me that he's trying his hardest to get paid. Let's not forget that he's got a wrist that needs surgery either and that he's got 10 years of 36 mpg on his body. He's basically a heavily driven rental car at this point and he's trying to charge a premium for a ride.

You buying a car huh? ...

Lol

Hawksfanatic's recebt posts indicate we only have a little over 10M in space now. FYI

Yeah, and then earlier today I realized I had an arithmetic error. It should be around $11,179,914 -- 10,800,954. I had a brain fart and looked at the low end of cap space, then subtracted the range of what Thabo's contract would be from that. Oh well, I was at least showing my work so I think I get partial credit?

While what you say is true, that Indy series is a reflection of coaching, not Ferry's ability to build a team.
  • Like 1

As for Monroe I would offer him 14mil per.

Are you kidding? Monroe won't get more than $10mill a year from ANYBODY. If he does, that team is desperate/dumb.

I hope the desperate thing doesn't come back to bite me in the butt...:-/

• Moderators

Yeah, and then earlier today I realized I had an arithmetic error. It should be around $11,179,914 -- 10,800,954. I had a brain fart and looked at the low end of cap space, then subtracted the range of what Thabo's contract would be from that. Oh well, I was at least showing my work so I think I get partial credit?

Just wanted people to have that in mind when posting about 13-15M offers to Deng / Monroe.

Guest BraveHawk

Are you kidding? Monroe won't get more than $10mill a year from ANYBODY. If he does, that team is desperate/dumb.

I thought I just read somewhere that Monroe and the Pistons were discussing a 5-Year/$60 Million Dollar Deal? I don't know what the Hawks can and are willing to afford but I sure would like to see them sign Monroe (But, I know that is HGHLY improbable!)! And, if the Hawks can't get Monroe then I hope they sign Deng or re-sign Elton Brand!

I thought I just read somewhere that Monroe and the Pistons were discussing a 5-Year/$60 Million Dollar Deal? I don't know what the Hawks can and are willing to afford but I sure would like to see them sign Monroe (But, I know that is HGHLY improbable!)! And, if the Hawks can't get Monroe then I hope they sign Deng or re-sign Elton Brand!

If that is true, then we should offer a sign and trade where we give them 'Sap and next year's first for Monroe. I'd be very down with Monroe entering his prime with a good HC for 5 years at 12 per.  We should try to squeak a Detroit's second or somehow fleece them and get KCP, too, but this is where my focus would be were I Ferry

Do Hawks Fans really understand the concept of winning or basketball?  Our best chance at winning is building a team with depth, although i hate the Spurs b/c their style of play is really not flashy. Aside from Tony Parker speed, ability to get to the basketball everyone else is pretty much fundamentally strong, knows their role and execute it effectively. 

Wait....you hate the Spurs' brand of basketball?  How can you not love a team-first/unselfish mentality.  It is for these same reasons that I LOVE the Spurs.

Lol no I'm very serious!...good thing I'm not gm right?

14m is too much for Monroe but I believe 13-14m is the only way to get him away from pistons so that they will not match it. I think 10 should be his highest but I know he's going to get more than 10

Lol no I'm very serious!...good thing I'm not gm right?

14m is too much for Monroe but I believe 13-14m is the only way to get him away from pistons so that they will not match it. I think 10 should be his highest but I know he's going to get more than 10

I don't think the Pistons will let an asset go like the Hawks did with Jeff last year. Now you can do a SnT but that's a good as it gets.

• Like 1