• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks re-engaged on Deng [Updated: Signs with Heat 2 yrs 20 million]

GameTime

• Moderators

Hawks are best situation for Deng IMHO. The Suns maybe offering more, but they are seasons away from being a contender with an aged Dragic as their only real asset. The Heat maybe appealing due to Bosh and Wade, but Wade is done and Bosh is only good with talent ahead of him. Hawks are offering $11+ mil/yr, play similar basketball to Chicago, have young All Star vets around him, and have a great coaching in place. I don't blame Deng for wanting to get paid, but reality needs to set in already. He is only worth about $10 mil/yr.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hawks are best situation for Deng IMHO. The Suns maybe offering more, but they are seasons away from being a contender with an aged Dragic as their only real asset. The Heat maybe appealing due to Bosh and Wade, but Wade is done and Bosh is only good with talent ahead of him. Hawks are offering $11+ mil/yr, play similar basketball to Chicago, have young All Star vets around him, and have a great coaching in place. I don't blame Deng for wanting to get paid, but reality needs to set in already. He is only worth about $10 mil/yr.

Aged?? He just turned 28 and has only starting playing big minutes a couple seasons ago. That guy has 10 years left in him easy unless he has a big injury. 

• Premium Member

We pushed Indy to 7games WITHOUT arguably our best player Al Horford. 

Do Hawks Fans really understand the concept of winning or basketball?  Our best chance at winning is building a team with depth, although i hate the Spurs b/c their style of play is really not flashy. Aside from Tony Parker speed, ability to get to the basketball everyone else is pretty much fundamentally strong, knows their role and execute it effectively.

You forget they have Duncan who is still better than anything we have and a hall of famer. The only thing we have in common is the system.

Means they will be agreed to a deal by the end of the day. 

Well that didn't take long...

Well there ya go another player choses another place despite Atlanta offering as much or more. 

LOL

LANCE?

I want Lance, but if he goes after him now, I don't think he wanted him to begin FA. Maybe Monroe since we were supposedly looking at him to start free agency. Now that our targets are gone, we have 3-4 days to hope and wait on Pistons not matching Monroe.

An aged Dragic?  He's only 27 . . . and made 3rd team All-NBA last season.  Matter of fact, they don't have anybody on that team over the age of 30.   Deng would be the elder statesman there.   That Suns team won 48 games last season.  And the only reason why they didn't win more, is because they were somewhat weak on defense.

Remember back when we and the Knicks were battling for the 8th seed, but we only had like 33 wins?  Why do you think the national media started a conversation about completely doing away with conference seeding and just taking the top 16 teams?   It's because at the time, Phoenix had like 43 wins and would've been the #3 seed in the East.   Then when the playoffs were about to start, national writers started writing articles like this one:

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/writer/ken-berger/24531858/nba-playoff-system-needs-changing-and-silver-is-taking-a-fresh-look

It's crazy that Hawks fans think we have a better situation here, than a team who won 48 games in the far tougher Western Conference.

Deng chose the Heat believing their returning nucleus and free-agent signings can keep them contending in the Eastern Conference. The absence of state income tax made the Heat's offer sound financially for him, too.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/sources--heat-signing-luol-deng-as-replacement-for-lebron-james-171452421.html